Three MAJOR concerns about new policies at The Ralph

Flutie Flakes

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually have some groups of people behind me (sec. 126) complaining about people standing for inordinate amounts of time. Not about me of course (too buzzed and tired to stand all game anyway, even if i wanted too) and i do see their point. No one is complaining about getting on their feet during defensive 3rd downs or td runs, just dont stand the whole game; there's no point

That about sums it up. Simply put, don't be a dick. For every dude that wants to stand the whole time, there's a guy that doesn't. If someone stands for a while, let it slide. If someone tells you to sit down? That's cool too. Enjoy the game, drink a few beers, and just don't be a dick. Find a common ground with your section and relax.

As far as the new regulations go. Meh. Again, for every person that wants to funnel whiskey in the lot there's someone who wants to drink a nice cup of hot cocoa in a fuzzy cardigan. If you want to do the former, just go up a block and park at a private lot. If you've got your panties in wad and that type of thing bothers you? Lighten up a bit and just let 'em have fun (unless they barf all over you, then you can punch them in the face).

Edit.. if you happen to be seated behind Patriots fans, the proper thing to do in that situation is pour beer on them. If you're in front of Patriots fans, you should stand the whole time regardless of age or medical condition. If you happen to be next to one, it's your choice. Pick something good.

Edited by mcjeff215

here's the link to the full piece.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=11657262

jw

Thanks for getting the NFL to confirm that they intend to sanitize the game experience. (Goodell's final solution?) Heard alot of kvetching on Boston sports radio today by fans who were told at Gillette Stadium Sunday that they weren't allowed to stand while cheering.

Tom Brady complained about fans leaving their game early. Seems to me that if you make the price of tickets so high & crackdown on exhuberant behavior, then you end up with prima donna prissypants who would rather beat traffic than stick around for an entire game.

Clearly the league doesn't give a crap about alienating the long-time loyal fans.

Edit.. if you happen to be seated behind Patriots fans, the proper thing to do in that situation is pour beer on them. If you're in front of Patriots fans, you should stand the whole time regardless of age or medical condition. If you happen to be next to one, it's your choice. Pick something good.

:thumbsup:

Did the bills ever call Paul about the sign?

I saw Paul this morning for coffee and he has been contacted by someone from the Bills organization along with a sportswriter from the Buffalo News. He will be calling the guy from the Bills back on Monday as they have been playing phone tag.

Hopefully they will come to their senses about the hanging of signs in the stadium. If they are concerned about their content, they can simply view them, put some sort of permanent seal that marks them as an approved sign by the Buffalo Bills and Ralph Wilson Stadium and allow them to be hung. Paul's "Batavia Party Zone" sign hangs in a spot that does not cover any of the graphics along the wall.

When I hear back from Paul this week, I will post up the update.