frogger

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things turn around when you least expect it, I bear witness. A year ago I was teaching film, in graduate school and engaged to a girl I was madly in love with. Within a week this past april my fiance revealed she was not only cheating on me, but married the other guy before we even broke up, and lost my position in my graduate program. Totally drunkenly bottomed out after that. Took a few months, and my current job is pointless in every way, but life is getting really great again. Life is a pain in the ass, but even after the worst times it eventually swings back towards the positive.

And, although its a cliche, the awfulness gives you perspective. People who go through these rough stretches are infinitely more interesting than the lucky.

She got married behind your back? That's actually kind of impressive.

Frogger - it does seem to me that you are writing in code, which is what you said you wouldn't do........Your last post was so vague everybody thought the red head cheated on you.

It started, finding out that the girl that I had been seeing for 2 years was cheating on me. It got better when I met another girl after months of lonely nights, I thought that she was the one, not that maybe she was the one-but in fact she was it. Till last night when she told me she wanted to take a break. I thought I did everything right, and yet I guess I didn't.

I thought it was pretty clear.It was #1 that was cheating.

Amen. In college I dated a true redhead in every sense of the word. She was awesome....and she crushed me! :lol:

Could be that redheads are disproportionately Irish.

I dated an Irish redhead when i was in college, as well. From Staten Island. Freaky-tiki, but ended up driving me nuts. Something to do with the Catholic education.

Like me! 0:)

Waitaminute...I thought you were somehow connected to that Krazy Kraut?

It does make me feel better that I am not alone, I keep telling myself that throughout history things like this happen all the time and it is not just me.

I know I shouldn't have, but while drinking I emailed her friend. And before you think that I am looking to start something up with her, I should tell you I currently have no interest in women (no I am not gay) Her friend was very supportive of us, I did some work on her house and saved her thousands of dollars, so she should like me. Anyway, in the email I let her friend know that in the event that Olivia changes her mind (soon) I would be willing to start over. I know that I am not easy to get alone with, there are times when I can't stand myself. I know that the stress from my prior job increased the situation, I was bringing my job home with me.

In the meantime I am going to start moving on,I am not giving up, but I am moving on. if she comes back at the right time, great, if not then I will let her regret this for the rest of her life.

Olivia could have turned out to be the love of my life, she was spunky, fun to be around, and drop dead beautiful, she would dutch oven you while watching Dexter reruns, and clean my apartment before I got home. I know that I will always love her.

I don't really know where to go from here, I guess time alone, I think part of my fear is the likeliness of ending up a hermit scares me. When I am alone I tend to become a bit of a recluse, relationships open me up to new things I would never see before.

Frogger

and if you are wondering, yes I have been drinking tonight

It does make me feel better that I am not alone, I keep telling myself that throughout history things like this happen all the time and it is not just me.

I know I shouldn't have, but while drinking I emailed her friend. And before you think that I am looking to start something up with her, I should tell you I currently have no interest in women (no I am not gay) Her friend was very supportive of us, I did some work on her house and saved her thousands of dollars, so she should like me. Anyway, in the email I let her friend know that in the event that Olivia changes her mind (soon) I would be willing to start over. I know that I am not easy to get alone with, there are times when I can't stand myself. I know that the stress from my prior job increased the situation, I was bringing my job home with me.

In the meantime I am going to start moving on,I am not giving up, but I am moving on. if she comes back at the right time, great, if not then I will let her regret this for the rest of her life.

Olivia could have turned out to be the love of my life, she was spunky, fun to be around, and drop dead beautiful, she would dutch oven you while watching Dexter reruns, and clean my apartment before I got home. I know that I will always love her.

I don't really know where to go from here, I guess time alone, I think part of my fear is the likeliness of ending up a hermit scares me. When I am alone I tend to become a bit of a recluse, relationships open me up to new things I would never see before.

Frogger

Oh yeah, now that's a quality I cherish in a woman. :unsure:

Don't grovel and beg. That is a surefire way to NOT get her back.

Odds are she's gone but if not, take the manly Sinatra approach and "ignore her into your bedroom."

I've got to agree with this........Believe me, groveling never helped me!

And, the last hot chick that really dug me was because she was married so I ignored her sexually - didn't realize she was unhappily married. If she was single, I would have been all over her and it would have went nowhere (not that I let it go anywhere since she was married - then she moved out of state and got divorced - maybe I should have done something if that was going to happen)

This is probably not popular advise on a football board, but my suggestion is doing volunteer work, yoga and exercise.......You'll end up better off than drinking.

And, with volunteer work, you get out of your own head, stay away from that recluse type of stuff and possibly meet your next chick. And, at the very least, improve life for somebody else, which in turn will improve yours.

Edited by bbb

Frogger

Drink up and bang her friend. That will learn her. :beer::D