At the Stadium or at Home?

46 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you rather watch the game?

• Stadium baby! I love the game day experience
    • Home! Just me and my big comfy couch

There's been a lot of debating in the media lately with decreased ticket sales about going to the stadium for games versus watching them at home. For me, NOTHING can beat the stadium experience, especially as a Bills fan. The tailgating is awesome. The crowd is unreal. There's no greater joy than hearing the Shout song blaring through the speakers in the Ralph with the backing of thousands of the Bills' faithful.

No you don't get analysis. Or cheap beer. But you do get the closest thing to magic that I can think of :D

Agreed about the Ralph. Especially at this time of year when the weather can be simply wonderful. The game day experience can't be beat.

However, here in Washington DC my only alternative is Fedex field. Can't see driving 90 minutes to two hours each way, fighting the traffic, only to sit among people rooting for a team that I really don't like.

So for me it's Sunday ticket and the La-Z-boy.

If the stadium is cheering for the team you are rooting for then the stadium experience can't be beat - no matter what the sport. The experience can still be good on the road, but not nearly the adrenaline rush of cheering along side 60-70k of your fellow fans. Depending on the stadium you're going to it's a toss up between TV and live.

I live in the NYC/NJ area and I long stopped going to Bills/Jets games at the Medowlands. I never had a bad experience with the opposing fans but it just isn't worth all the money I have to lay out to sit in a stadium full of fans cheering at the Bills blunders or totally silent as their team is getting beaten (and I have to watch how loudly I cheer to avoid those drunken bad fan incidents.)

Edited by MDH

Third category - for those of us who live too far away to go to the stadium -- in a local Bills Backers Bar!! That's where me and a whole bunch of my closest Bills fans friends will be!!! Chappy's Tap Room, near Dayton OH

For me it's more about the game itself and less about the screaming my brains out with fellow fans. Plus the alcoholics tend to ruin the game for me as well. So watching the games at home is what I prefer. My ideal would be tailgating, then watching the game at home :)

However I prefer watching Sabres games at HSBC over TV.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Last year I had the pleasure of taking my son to his first live game ... problem is we live down here in Florida so we attended the Bills Jax game.

Now I've heard of the problem the Jags have with filling their stadium with fans ... but I swear ... I thought we were at a Bills home game, I would hazard a guess there was as many Bills fans as there were Jags fans at the game. Behind where we parked the car was a GIANT tailgate party, funny thing was everybody was decked out in red, white, and blue (and darker blue, and silver or gray or whatever that other color is), Pinto Ron was even in attendance, it was just crazy.

The only real down side (besides the Bills losing the game) is that prior to attending that game my son liked the Bills because they were MY team and that gave us something in common ... but after the experiance he LOVES the Bills ... he has caught the fever and I've doomed him into the life of a Bills fan just as my father doomed me.

OH well ... it's all good.

SQUISH THE FISH!!!

Hate the poll, but love the topic. I'd add "watch at a bar/party" to the list as that is also a different experience for many (for some I imagine that's just like "watching at home"). And already we have some like me who say, "it depends".

The ultimate experience is live, IMO. If it's a great game, and you have great seats, and the weather is great, you can't beat being at the game. By great weather I just don't mean "warm weather". I think the Dolphins "let it snow" game was great live-experience weather, same with the Raider 51-3 game. Being at a game where the weather mattered, and the Bills won, is usually a great experience IMO. OTOH, a crappy game is best watched at home, no matter what the weather.

4-5 years back, after my grandfather died.. my uncles kinda converted his garage into a "tailgate central" of sorts. We refer to his old polebarn as "The Pole Bar".. watching the games on a big screen TV, with a couple smaller TVS above it for the game on the other channel. We have internet out there so everyone can keep track of their fantasy teams.. fridge.. grill.. urinal.. pretty much everything you need for a great football watching experience. Typically, there is between 6-8 of us out there, for any given Sunday afternoon of football.

Pole Bar season starts in roughly 18 hours.

God, I can't wait.

4-5 years back, after my grandfather died.. my uncles kinda converted his garage into a "tailgate central" of sorts. We refer to his old polebarn as "The Pole Bar".. watching the games on a big screen TV, with a couple smaller TVS above it for the game on the other channel. We have internet out there so everyone can keep track of their fantasy teams.. fridge.. grill.. urinal.. pretty much everything you need for a great football watching experience. Typically, there is between 6-8 of us out there, for any given Sunday afternoon of football.

God, I can't wait.

Outstanding!

:thumbsup:

God, I can't wait.

Sweet! That sounds like a great time.

Outstanding!

:thumbsup:

Some of us always wondered how Grandpa would have felt about us converting his garage into a spot where the boys got sloshed on Sundays. One day my Dad (I think it was Dad) asked my grandmother about it.. She seemed to think he'd be very happy we were using it as a spot for all his boys (Dad, 2 of his brother, 1 brother-in-law, me, my brother and a couple cousins) could get together to be with family on Sundays. Not that Grandpa was overly religious.. he just appreciated the NFL and especially the Bills.. just like the rest of us. :thumbsup:

God, I can't wait.

Wow. Now that's how it's done fellow Bills fans! :worthy:

God, I can't wait.

This is going to be the wave of the future for watching games.

I honestly do prefer home and not having to worry about driving and such after a long day of tailgating but there is nothing better than being there for every second of action.

Can't wait til tomorrow! I'll be somewhere at one bills drive withing the next 12 hours. :beer::worthy:

It's been too long.