Jackson and McNeill

thewildrabbit

What two key areas on offense are the Bills lacking this season, its at tackle and wide receiver! The Chargers are willing to let star pro bowl WR Vincent Jackson and star pro bowl LT Marcus McNeill sit out the entire season because of contract disputes.

Chargers Owner...

http://www.signonsan...hargers-stance/

We have all heard how Buddy loves his draft picks, but then he goes and states you can miss on any player drafted... Should the bills draft a tackle next season it usually takes 2-3 years to fully develop any player, including a WR. So why not try and make a trade, both players are worth the draft picks in my view and sure are exactly what this years team needs to become a top offense.

I have no idea what it would take to bring those two into Buffalo, I do know if that happened it would give this offense instant credibility and the ability to actually have a winning season THIS year. Seriously, Cornell Green is not the long term answer at RT and and Bell might fall on his face or get injured again like last season.

If Edwards is the guy Gailey and Nix feel can take them to the SB, then show some balls and pull the trigger on a Polian like trade to upgrade the team and give the guy an honest shot with a good team around him....

Edited by thewildrabbit

If Edwards is the guy Gailey and Nix feel can take them to the SB, then show some balls and pull the trigger on a Polian like trade to upgrade the team and give the guy an honest shot with a good team around him....

They don't. They just didn't think any QB in this year's draft could. They're not going to give up a potential top 10 pick. Now if the Bills start off 5-1, then they could think of making a trade, but the last 5-1 start ended up 7-9.

What two key areas on offense are the Bills lacking this season, its at tackle and wide receiver! The Chargers are willing to let star pro bowl WR Vincent Jackson and star pro bowl LT Marcus McNeill sit out the entire season because of contract disputes.

Chargers Owner...

http://www.signonsan...hargers-stance/

We have all heard how Buddy loves his draft picks, but then he goes and states you can miss on any player drafted... Should the bills draft a tackle next season it usually takes 2-3 years to fully develop any player, including a WR. So why not try and make a trade, both players are worth the draft picks in my view and sure are exactly what this years team needs to become a top offense.

I have no idea what it would take to bring those two into Buffalo, I do know if that happened it would give this offense instant credibility and the ability to actually have a winning season THIS year. Seriously, Cornell Green is not the long term answer at RT and and Bell might fall on his face or get injured again like last season.

First off, I'm not sure you're correct about wide receiver as a position of real need. I think Johnson, Nelson and Parrish are going to do just fine.

As to LT, well, it's kinda late in the day for that. The chief characteristic of a good line is playing together consistently over a fairly long period of time. The current Bills line has been working and practicing together for months and months, and with the exception of Green, for well over a year now. Do you really think you can just plug McNeil in and everything's going to be better?

Keep in mind that Nix knows these two guys far, far better than you or I do, and apparently didn't try to pick them up for the Bills.

The area of real concern for me continues to be LB. And today it got even more worrisome with Mitchell being put on IR and Torbor out for Sunday.

I personally think we are fine at WR. Nelson/Johnson are solid players, and I expect Nelson to move into the #2 spot at some point this season. Evans is Evans and Parrish is finally being used and will be a 60-70+ catch guy. Our real holes are at TE and OL.

Now replace V. Jackson with Logan Mankins and I couldnt be happier.

I personally think we are fine at WR. Nelson/Johnson are solid players, and I expect Nelson to move into the #2 spot at some point this season. Evans is Evans and Parrish is finally being used and will be a 60-70+ catch guy. Our real holes are at TE and OL.

Now replace V. Jackson with Logan Mankins and I couldnt be happier.

And what position would Logan Mankins play? If OG, then who sits Levitre or Wood or are you proposing that Wood shift to the pivot (Center) and put Mankins at RG?

Well, that sure would be the opposite of the Parcells quote about how to build an OLine. "Give me 2 good OT's and I'll fill in the rest".

Peace! Go Bills!

You're making a lot of assumptions. Both of these guys would need to have loooong term deals worked about before a trade would happen. They are both asking for a lot of money (enough to make a team with Superbowl aspirations let them sit). They both are considered by that organization which I'm assuming you're using a model of success as well not essential.

There's also a lot of reports that the Chargers GM lets Ego dictate some decisions as well which means he could just sit on them.

You have no idea what the asking price is for these guys. The asking price for both of them at the moment is likely more than a 1st.

Unfortunately, reality is much different from your fantasy.

They don't. They just didn't think any QB in this year's draft could. They're not going to give up a potential top 10 pick. Now if the Bills start off 5-1, then they could think of making a trade, but the last 5-1 start ended up 7-9.

Pretty certain they thought Bradford could, they just didn't want to pay him 50 mill a year or trade the picks to obtain him.

Should the Bills have a losing season and get a top ten pick and draft a QB, they will still end up paying a small fortune for a guy that will need 3-4 years to develop... and after 4 years might just end up with another Ryan Leaf-Matt Leinart-JaMarcus Russell.

Edwards is in perfect position to fully develop this season if he is well protected and has time to throw, if they fail to protect the guy then they aren't giving him a full chance to succeed.

I think WR is a position of need, certainly we don't know what we really have there. But Easley impressed before injury and we need a fearless QB to truely determine the staff's capabilities. Next years 1st and some other transaction for McNeil should be considered- but not multiple picks. Although, LT's that hold their team hostage for mo' money while still under contract has a distinct smell to it..

We have many areas of concern. IMO, LB is the biggest issue.

I started a similar post but I think yours predates mine. It is a panic statement of a sort but signing these two guys would go a LONG way towards making us a better team today and for the next few years. Screw the draft picks. These guys are SOLID SOLID players at two positions of need.

Now if we could only get Phillip Rivers to come with them :(

I started a similar post but I think yours predates mine. It is a panic statement of a sort but signing these two guys would go a LONG way towards making us a better team today and for the next few years. Screw the draft picks. These guys are SOLID SOLID players at two positions of need.

Now if we could only get Phillip Rivers to come with them :(

We don't know what the Chargers want. They probably are asking 1st round picks for both of them. Additionally the Bills would have to sign them to long term contracts...McNeil would want Peters type money (~11M a year with 40M guaranteed). Jackson would want deals similar to what Boldin signed (again 10-11M a year with 30M guaranteed). I don't think the Bills have that kind of cash.