How Many of You Will Be...

Cookiemonster

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My church is chasing a little white ball around a nicely manicured patch of grass. So yes, I'll be going to church Sunday morning.

Not that I am the overly religious type or anything, but I do manage to find my way to

church, every other couple of weeks or so. I do however have a confession to make, and that

is, that I do go to church more often on Sundays when the Bills are playing. It's not that

I necessarily pray for them to win, well, I mean, I have, but it's not like I sit there and do

a novena for the Bills or anything. I do my normal worship thing, and sure they will be on my

mind, especially when I go to communion and see about one hundred Steeler Jacket backs,

as I live in West. Pa. Geez, I wouldn't even be able to bring myself to wear a Bills jacket,

or shirt, or anything, for that matter, let alone some of the other sort of parepenelia, or

heaven forbid, shorts and sneakers, but I am not here to preach, I will definitley be going

this Sunday, because I hate the dolphins (I will not even dignify them with a capitalization)

I was just wondering if you guys go more often too? Or any other type of special rituals for

that matter.

BTW, I have no idea what my record is on those Sundays that I do attend, but I would like to

Billieve that it's a winning one.

Sorry to hear about the children, keep up the prayers.

I agree, I think praying for victory is a little trivial, but I do pray for all Bills players to stay healthy and play at their very best. (I should extend those prayers to our opponent, but I figure let their fans worry about that!)

Thanks, Vinny.

One is 13 and one is 7 and it is just not right and not fair.

Call me crazy, but there seems to be a lot of evidence that God is just not a Bills fan.

As I tell people, "I'm a Bills and a Red Sox fan. God hates me."

It was even funnier before the Sox won a WS.

I will be attending St. Ralph's Cathedral on Sunday. Mass starts at 8am. Plenty of wine to go around.

Well played sir.

Why does TBD have so many posters who start threads with titles that sound like spam.......oooo cant find out what the thread is about until you open it "........" Annoying on many levels.

I'll be there, though I won't be praying for the Bills. No offense, but there's a lot more to pray about than football.

If I had any sort of belief, this is probably how I would look at it.

Of course, I would hope that my god would give the Bills a little help without me mentioning it :D

Well played sir.

Why does TBD have so many posters who start threads with titles that sound like spam.......oooo cant find out what the thread is about until you open it "........" Annoying on many levels.

Yes you certainly can, go to the Stadium Wall, instead of just clicking on one of the posts at the main

two bills drive website, and you see the second part of the post, you no likey, you no opey.

But this might be a little challenging for YOU!

Yes you certainly can, go to the Stadium Wall, instead of just clicking on one of the posts at the main

two bills drive website, and you see the second part of the post, you no likey, you no opey.

But this might be a little challenging for YOU!

So challenging. You got me. Especially when viewing from a mobile phone which doesnt show the second part.

I don't understand the concept of going to church ANY week. But from my perspective, I REALLY don't understand going to church during football season. The Bills need all the support and good vibes that I can give them. Church would be a harmful distraction. Maybe if they start winning again, they wouldn't need my focus on Sunday mornings...

I am a strong catholic and I believe everybody should go to church, regardless if the bills are playing or not. It is only one hour a week which I am sure everybody can make a small sacrifice and worship their creator!!

My ritual on some Sundays is at about 1:00 to 1:15, I put on my shoes walk down the street 0.4 miles with my wife, open the door for her and walk in behind. find out which TV the Bills game is on, order a Maiback, oktoberfest or chech pilsner draft and then crane my neck upward to watch the Bills play while jockeying for a seat nearby.

I don’t think I have ever been conceited enough to believe the world revolves around me to a point that my actions influence the outcome of some distantly played football game.

My ritual on some Sundays is at about 1:00 to 1:15, I put on my shoes walk down the street 0.4 miles with my wife, open the door for her and walk in behind. find out which TV the Bills game is on, order a Maiback, oktoberfest or chech pilsner draft and then crane my neck upward to watch the Bills play while jockeying for a seat nearby.

I don’t think I have ever been conceited enough to believe the world revolves around me to a point that my actions influence the outcome of some distantly played football game.

Niether do I, but I am gonna pray harder, just in case.

As I tell people, "I'm a Bills and a Red Sox fan. God hates me."

It was even funnier before the Sox won a WS.

Same here. The good news is for years I would use the Sox to entertain me until September(when the Sox would fade) then the Bills season started and this year feels like the old Sox (injuries killed them this year) maybe it will be the old Bills!