Is this the year the Bills end the winless steak against the pats?

mike oxhurtz

Is this the year the Bills end the winless steak against the pats?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Is this the year the Bills end the winless steak against the pats?

Last year, the Bills lost to the Pats by a combined 8 points. 1 point in the first game and 7 points in the second game. With a new coaching regime in charge and what looks to be a better offense (knock on wood), is this the year the Bills finally get a win over the Pats?

My vote is yes. Granted, the Pats still have Brady, one of the best QB's in the league, but they are also in the decline. Their defense is young and is nowhere near as good as it used to be, plus they have no run game.

Your thoughts...

Last year, the Bills lost to the Pats by a combined 8 points. 1 point in the first game and 7 points in the second game. With a new coaching regime in charge and what looks to be a better offense (knock on wood), is this the year the Bills finally get a win over the Pats?

My vote is yes. Granted, the Pats still have Brady, one of the best QB's in the league, but they are also in the decline. Their defense is young and is nowhere near as good as it used to be, plus they have no run game.

Your thoughts...

It sucks that we currently have a 13 game losing streak to the Pats. It shouldn't be that long, thanks to boneheaded decisions either by the coaches or players. I think it was the season opener in 06', instead of kicking a FG, Jauron decides to go for it on a long-drawn out run play to McGahee which is stopped. Plus, Losman's safety didn't help either. Last year in the home opener, with an 11 point lead, Fewell goes into a shell and plays the prevent defense and lets the Pats get back in the game. Then, everyone knows McKelvin's deal...

IMO, this year, we finally get a win over the Pats and we will go at least 3-3 in the division. We beat the Phins 31-14, we beat the Jets and lost to them by 6 points in the other game, so the teams in the division are beatable this year.

If I had created the poll I wouldn't have even included "yes" as an option. It's gotten to the point where losing to the Pats has joined death and taxes. I won't believe beating them can happen until it actually does.

It sucks that we currently have a 13 game losing streak to the Pats. It shouldn't be that long, thanks to boneheaded decisions either by the coaches or players. I think it was the season opener in 06', instead of kicking a FG, Jauron decides to go for it on a long-drawn out run play to McGahee which is stopped. Plus, Losman's safety didn't help either. Last year in the home opener, with an 11 point lead, Fewell goes into a shell and plays the prevent defense and lets the Pats get back in the game. Then, everyone knows McKelvin's deal...

And if we could have got any offense going in that second game ...

We will most definitely beat the Cheatriettes* this season - twice. It is an incontrovertible fact, and I will tell you all why...

We are all aware of NE's* and Belicheat's* proclivity for cheating - that is what has made them* so successful in recent years. I have even alluded to the secret network of low-earth-orbit reconnaissance satellites that Bob Kraft* deployed, after the cheating scandal was exposed, to gather intel on all potential Patsies* opponents - and the hidden nerve center where BB* sorts thru all that info...

Bill Belicheat's* Secret Mountain Hideaway

Well, in the past, Bills' coaches have been content to shut up and tolerate this gross violation of good sportsmanship and skirting of NFL rules. (Bill Belicheat* will tell you, "There's nothing in the NFL Rule Book that even references using LEO satellites to spy on other teams practices", while former Bills coach Dick Jauron would simply respond, "We don't cheat. I don't know what other teams do, but we don't cheat.")

But something has changed this season. Ralph Wilson, tired of a 10-year playoff drought - and particularly a 12-game streak of gut-wrenching, rip-your-heart-out losses to the Cheatriettes* - went and fired Dick Jauron. RW, perhaps sensing his own immortality and wanting one last chance to drink from football's Holy Grail, finally decided it's time to bring in a high-power, high-profile, proven winner at the Head Coach position and - eschewing such lesser names as Mike Shanahan, Bill Cowher, Brian Billick, and others - sought out and hired former Georgia Tech offensive guru, Thomas Chandler Gailey!

I could sense an instant change in the air, an air of confidence and cockiness about the man when Chan Gailey boldly stated...

"I've been around enough winning programs that when I walk on the field I expect to win. I don't just hope to win."

My feeling of total confidence in the man was further reinforced when Chan Gailey boldly dressed down a gang of pre-pubescent-thugs having a bit too much fun at Trent Edwards' expense while enjoying the final days of their summer vacation at the Bills' St. John Fisher College training camp. Nobody's gonna push this guy - or this team - around. I knew.

But Chan didn't stop there. He asked for - no, make that demanded - a facility of his own, on a par with Belicheat's* Patriettes*, where he could gather and sort thru his own recon in order to gain every possible advantage on his opponents.

Now Ralph, being the owner of a small-market team and limited financial resources, would have flat-out refused to pony-up in the past. But Chan's persuasiveness - and Ralph's own desire to go out on a winning note - convinced RW to beg, borrow, and steal in order to jury-rig together a network of abandoned and unused satellite transponders and give Chan Gailey a state-of-the-art nerve center of his own, hidden deep in the Orchard Park woods behind One Bills Drive...

Chan's Secret Surveillance Shack

THIS IS OUR YEAR, FOLKS! We will not be denied. I will be in Gillette Stadium on September 26, like I have so many times in the past, to witness - first-hand - the fruits of Mr. Wilson's largess, and the magic that is Chan Gailey.

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :beer:

I think it happens this year, at least one of the two games, that we win. It will certainly make life more enjoyable for me and other New England Bills fans. It would wipe the smirk off the face of some of the people here. There are no more annoying fans in the world than fans in New England. I even hate the Red Sox now although at one time I liked them. I just want maximum misery for NE fans and its great to see the Red Sox not make the playoffs with their super high payroll.