Lee friggen Evans

Frez

Lee Evans is going to be a superstar in this league. His hands are incredible, his speed is top 5 in the NFL, he's a hard worker, and a great guy. Worthy of his draft position, for sure. I'll make this prediction:

In 5 years, games played stats being equal or comparable, Lee Evans will have outperformed every other receiver taken ahead of him in the 2004 draft.

The one-handed catch was amazing! The football speed, route percision, and maturity he has at this stage is what is most impressive. He really takes in everything he is taught. And what a better Wr to show him the ropes than EM?

The one-handed catch was amazing! The football speed, route percision, and maturity he has at this stage is what is most impressive. He really takes in everything he is taught. And what a better Wr to show him the ropes than EM?

147559[/snapback]

Also, probably kudos to our WR coach (who coached Boldin last year

to a super-rookie) doing it again this year with Lee Evans.

147559[/snapback]

I get the feeling that as long as Lee is playing with one of the 7 or 8 QBs in the league who are capable at any time of setting a rainbow 60-yarder over his shoulder in stride he'll remain a significant threat. He's got awesome hands- I can't remember the last time I saw him letting a pass get through his hands to his body. He has a short game to be sure, but that seems predominantly set up by his threat to haul in that big pass. If the big pass were taken away I suspect he'd become a lot more mortal on the intermediate routes.

I asked this on another thread - is he the best rookie receiver we have ever had?  I think so (although somebody reminded me about Perry Tuttle, so maybe Lee is only 2nd best!)

147730[/snapback]

Lee Evans would be the spitting image of Perry Tuttle if Lee were wearing greased welder's gloves.

Perry Tuttle = RJ