Wait, Namaan Roosevelt was NOT cut?

Arkady Renko

That would make the most sense. Released but is a guaranteed PS addition, hence the reason for the two twitter posts.

Unless somebody else picks him up (no, I don't think this will happen)...but I get what you mean by guaranteed. Worst case scenario being the practice squad isn't so bad, is it?

How was the wedding/honeymoon?

Either that or he cleared waivers already and agreed to be member os PS.

This is what I hate about how athletes use Twitter.

If you're going to tweet "Guess I'll be in Buffalo", why not say exactly what your status is?

Are you just being coy? If you're told not to divulge your exact status until X o'clock, then just don't twitter until then.

It just screams, "please give me attention, please give me attention.". Stupid in my opinion. Maybe I'm just old school.

Unless somebody else picks him up (no, I don't think this will happen)...but I get what you mean by guaranteed. Worst case scenario being the practice squad isn't so bad, is it?

How was the wedding/honeymoon?

Really good! Wedding went off perfectly and the Hawaii honeymoon was nice and relaxing.

Now we're just trying to rotate back into the world after a cray-zay last two weeks.

Practice squad, all he has to do is clear waivers until tomorrow.

How does making a waiver claim work? Do all teams have a turn to make a claim (say, in the same order they drafted in)? Does each team have so many minutes to exercise a claim before another team has a chance to? Or, is it first-come, first-serve? Does 24 hours have to pass before player is considered to clear waivers? Sorry, just not quite understanding the waiver claim process.

How does making a waiver claim work? Do all teams have a turn to make a claim (say, in the same order they drafted in)? Does each team have so many minutes to exercise a claim before another team has a chance to? Or, is it first-come, first-serve? Does 24 hours have to pass before player is considered to clear waivers? Sorry, just not quite understanding the waiver claim process.

As I understand it, there is a 24 hour period. All 31 teams have the opportunity to make a claim. When the 24 hours is up, if more than one team has made a claim, then the team with the worst record last season is awarded the player/contract. If Roosevelt was already under contract, then by putting in the waiver claim the other team is implicitly agreeing to honor that contract. If he isn't under contract, then the team is implicitly agreeing to offer him at least the league minimum.

This is what I hate about how athletes use Twitter.

If you're going to tweet "Guess I'll be in Buffalo", why not say exactly what your status is?

Are you just being coy? If you're told not to divulge your exact status until X o'clock, then just don't twitter until then.

It just screams, "please give me attention, please give me attention.". Stupid in my opinion. Maybe I'm just old school.

I am old enough to think the same way, Billnut. It seems immature to be tweeting like this, but I guess it is no more so than starting threads on a message board.....

It is quite possible that NR tweeted before thinking the first time, reacting to the news he was being cut and not realizing the PS opportunity. Since he is a graduate of SJCI, it is quite likely his comprehension skills are a bit slow.

That last sentence is a joke, by the way... signed, RJ, CHS class of 1985. :lol:

Don't let it ruin your day or anything.

It isn't going to ruin my day, but shitting on a guy tweeting to his family and friends that he just got a job in one of the most competitive job markets in the world isn't cool.

He wasn't tweeting for your benefit. But you are being a dick about it.

Edited by BlueFire

Interesting to see what happens if Hardy is cut. Sure, he is going to attract some interest. Especially being a 2nd round pick. But, if the Bills truly DO have one of the worst WR corps in the NFL, that would suggest that there aren't many roster spots on the 53 open for a man like Hardy. Does a 2nd round pick actually have a spot on the PS?

As I understand it, there is a 24 hour period. All 31 teams have the opportunity to make a claim. When the 24 hours is up, if more than one team has made a claim, then the team with the worst record last season is awarded the player/contract. If Roosevelt was already under contract, then by putting in the waiver claim the other team is implicitly agreeing to honor that contract. If he isn't under contract, then the team is implicitly agreeing to offer him at least the league minimum.

Thanks!!