Bills cut Levi Brown

Maddog69

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so brohm and fitzy survive

I actually hope this is true...I know everyone assumed Brown was going to be held over to the 53, but this is BY FAR the smart move if you ask me. This is the move of a Team who expects to go out and win, not just play it out for next Season...I'm not saying that they are actually going to win... :w00t:... Just saying... B-)

With our line do you really think they would just keep 2 active qb's?

a.) how often do teams lose 2 QBs in the same game?

b.) if we were to lose 2 QBs in the same game to injury, would it really matter all that much who you put in as the 3rd QB?

I actually hope this is true...I know everyone assumed Brown was going to be held over to the 53, but this is BY FAR the smart move if you ask me. This is the move of a Team who expects to go out and win, not just play it out for next Season...I'm not saying that they are actually going to win... :w00t:... Just saying... B-)

I think it's the optimal choice in this case, and if they don't win, you're likely going to pick the best QB in the 2011 draft anyway.

With our line do you really think they would just keep 2 active qb's?

Great point - we really need to look at some OL that were cut by other teams. Our 2nd string guys are truly awful - if Kirk Chambers is our 1st guy off the bench we are in need of some real help.

a.) how often do teams lose 2 QBs in the same game?

b.) if we were to lose 2 QBs in the same game to injury, would it really matter all that much who you put in as the 3rd QB?

often enough. And odds go up when you play behind our oline. Do you really want Roscoe to play QB? Keeping only 2 QB's is retarded IMO

often enough. And odds go up when you play behind our oline. Do you really want Roscoe to play QB? Keeping only 2 QB's is retarded IMO

Often enough? I can't think of once that it's happened to the Bills in recent memory. When did Hamdan or Brohm ever come into the game in the middle of a game?

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

It is? How many times did the Bills get forced to go to the 3rd stringer in a game last year? The Bills had to go to Brohm ONCE last year as a starter last year and that was with an even worse o-line cause the guys starting now were injured and on the bench with guys just picked up off the street starting for them.

Its VERY Rare that a team needs to go to the 3rd guy in a game, and at that point, who cares whos back there, chances are they are getting beaten badly at that point and theres not much hope of the game ending in a win for them.

General consensus from Bills sites was that putting Brown on the practice squad was risky and that he was likely to make the team as the 3rd stringer. They all figured Brohm was the odd man out.

Makes sense though if they plan on keeping both Brohm and Brown on the practice squad. That way they can keep an extra WR, DB or LB, where depth is more of an issue than at QB. Plus that's one more guy who can contribute on special teams.

They might still cut Brohm and just keep two active and Brohm or Brown on the PS. That way they can keep depth elsewhere

Or maybe they keep Brohm, the only QB on our roster that has the POTENTIAL to be an NFL starting QB! I realize TE starts for us but, he shouldn't. 1-2 years from now TE will be a backup somewhere if he's still in the NFL.

It is? How many times did the Bills get forced to go to the 3rd stringer in a game last year? The Bills had to go to Brohm ONCE last year as a starter last year and that was with an even worse o-line cause the guys starting now were injured and on the bench with guys just picked up off the street starting for them.

Its VERY Rare that a team needs to go to the 3rd guy in a game, and at that point, who cares whos back there, chances are they are getting beaten badly at that point and theres not much hope of the game ending in a win for them.

Agreed. The way this team has specialized in 3-n-outs with the 1st QB in there, does the 3rd QB really matter much?

Edited by ThrowIt