what positions will the bills be looking at on the waiver wire?

tennesseeboy

We need a reserve OG/C more than a reserve tackle. At least we HAVE a reserve OT. We need a TE and an OLB but I don't see how a OLB or even an ILB makes this team unless he is pretty darn good. We forced into this mess by the switch and because of our twisted line-up, I can't imagine we pick up a guy and cut one of our guys who know the system, however weak.

By that I mean, they are not cutting Poz or Davis who are starters, they are not cutting Mitchell who can play both positions, they are not unfortunately cutting Kelsay or Ellis who are starters for now, they are not cutting Maybin, they are not cutting Torbor who will start when he gets back for either Kelsay or Ellis. That leaves Moats, Coleman and Ellison. IMO, they are only keeping 8 LBs especially because Scott plays nickel LB. I think they like Moats regardless of the fact he's nowhere near ready. A waiver pick up would likely knock him off the team and I'm not at all sure Nix and Gailey are willing to do that. They may even want to keep Ellison (God knows why). Unless this waiver guy is going to come in and play right away, which I highly doubt, it's going to be hard to find a roster spot for him, even though out LBs are our worst spot on the team (not counting TE which doesn't count). If Torbor weren't hurt right now, I could see them cutting Kelsay but I never thought they were going to do that anyway.

Why would we want a qb that another team cut? Edwards is our man for this year

maybe to upgrade our depth?, i think edwards goes down, just depends when. i also didnt mean that the QB added would be another teams "cut". maybe they make a deal, im not convinced this regime is in love with any of the bills QB'S.

Edited by dwight in philly

I won't be surprised to see a veteran guard picked up.

Agree. We do not have a veteran gaurd on the roster. If Levitre or Wood go down who plays? Cordaro? Sean Allen?

Probably Chambers which is always scary.

I think a veteran G/C and a TE would be the most likely pickups.

I don't see the FO going crazy on pickups..everything they've done since they've been here seems to indicate that they are conservative and like what they are building with what they have. As a result I'd be surprised to see a great number of pickups. I'd love to see a backup linebacker skilled in playing a 3-4 who might even work his way into the starting lineup. A backup guard would be nice (this is the spot where I could have said "I told you so" when I protested Incognito being let go...but I'm just not the kind of guy to say "I told you so" even when the opportunity so obviously presents itself). A good solid tight end prospect would be good to. As to OT we have backups, but I don't think we have GOOD backups...hell I'm not all that sure about our starters...although they have played fairly well thus far.

I think this an opportunity to carefully improve the team.