Give me your take on Brian Brohm #4

If you think that Brown is better than Brohm right now, you haven't been watching. If you think he has better potential, then why? What is it that you've seen Brown do that you don't think Brohm can and why?

I didn't mention Brown in any of my posts.

Don't ask him direct questions that force him to think critically. He has shown he isn't up to the task.

Now now Deano. The Purple Haze is supposed to make you mellow and peaceful, however it will cloud your judgment.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Packers drafted Brohm in the first place so they must have seen something they liked.

Brohm is a pocket QB and complete opposite of Rodgers so they would be in sharp contrast with each other, besides that, Rodgers could make anyone look inferior.

Just my personal opinion and pure speculation, but Brian Brohm kind of strikes me as a loner, with a cocky, gritty attitude and way about him that could rub folks the wrong way sometimes.

Are you psychic? Have you spoken with him? Just wondering how your formed this opinion.

Now now Deano. The Purple Haze is supposed to make you mellow and peaceful, however it will cloud your judgment.

I don't mind you questioning my judgment. That SHOULD be the discussion. I am questioning your logic, which seems to be something along the lines of:

GB is great at developing QBs. If they didn't want BB then there is no way he could be a good QB for anyone else.

I don't agree with your judgment, but that varies from person to person. But your logic is atrocious and logic is logic.

I apologize if I'm misunderstanding something. Who should the Bills keep on their roster in lieu of Brohm? Are you saying that Brohm should be on the roster for now but won't amount to anything? If that's what you're saying then I mostly agree with you. I think that he has shown the ability to become a decent backup, but that's about it. He's a more accurate passer that Fitzpatrick and has shown surprisingly good mobility. If he had the game experience that Fitzpatrick has I think he would've easily beaten him out for the #2.

I don't agree with your judgment, but that varies from person to person. But your logic is atrocious and logic is logic.

You're so mean tonight! Aren't you the same guy who said that Donte is more important to the Bills D than Bob Sanders is to the Colts? Yep, that was you!

I'll take it as a compliment when a career stoner questions my judgment/logic. :thumbsup:

Are you psychic? Have you spoken with him? Just wondering how your formed this opinion.

I don't mind you questioning my judgment. That SHOULD be the discussion. I am questioning your logic, which seems to be something along the lines of:

GB is great at developing QBs. If they didn't want BB then there is no way he could be a good QB for anyone else.

GB matched the Bills offer and tried to keep Brohm. They saw the potential just like Buffalo did and they wanted to keep him. I don't know how many times people have to keep posting the ridiculous statement that GB did not want him so he must be bad. They would not have even bothered to keep him on the PS if they didn't see talent.

I apologize if I'm misunderstanding something. Who should the Bills keep on their roster in lieu of Brohm? Are you saying that Brohm should be on the roster for now but won't amount to anything? If that's what you're saying then I mostly agree with you. I think that he has shown the ability to become a decent backup, but that's about it. He's a more accurate passer that Fitzpatrick and has shown surprisingly good mobility. If he had the game experience that Fitzpatrick has I think he would've easily beaten him out for the #2.

The Bills took a flyer on him and realized that he's nothing more than a backup. I don't think that's all that bad. He comes from a coaching family, maybe he'll be a valuable "Frank Reich" type backup who can mentor and help a future QB learn. But he's nothing more than that.

That's exactly what I said.

You're so mean tonight! Aren't you the same guy who said that Donte is more important to the Bills D than Bob Sanders is to the Colts? Yep, that was you!

I'll take it as a compliment when a career stoner questions my judgment/logic. :thumbsup:

That was judgment. I didn't base my comment on what teams did with these players at another point in time. I did what you should do when you evaluate players, I used my eyes.

And yes Whitner had his worst season with the Bills last year. But do you think Sanders was more valuable in the TWO games he played last year or the SIX the year before? You actually have to play the games to be valuable.

Guest dog14787

Actually one of the posters here from TSW posted about being in a club in New York I think when Brohm, Edwards and someone else, I don't remember who, and this wasn't word for word, but the jest of it was they thought Brohm might have a drinking problem because while Trent Edwards seemed the life of the party and very outspoken, Brohm was quiet and kind of kept to himself and drank/ I'm assuming got drunk.

That coupled with the vibes I get from him, but like I said pretty much all pure speculation on my part.

Edited by dog14787

GB matched the Bills offer and tried to keep Brohm. They saw the potential just like Buffalo did and they wanted to keep him. I don't know how many times people have to keep posting the ridiculous statement that GB did not want him so he must be bad. They would not have even bothered to keep him on the PS if they didn't see talent.

I don't know, I read it.

Packers Give Up On Brian Brohm, QB Signs With Buffalo

The Green Bay Packers have officially given up on quarterback Brian Brohm, whom general manager Ted Thompson selected with a second round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

Brohm was signed off the Packers practice squad by the Buffalo Bills on Wednesday, and despite having an open roster slot after releasing receiver Jake Allen earlier in the day, the Packers simply decided to let Brohm go.

http://www.totalpack...on-brian-brohm/

Packers let Brohm go without a fight

Nov 19, 2009 -- 8:45am

GREEN BAY – The Packers did indeed lose quarterback Brian Brohm to the Buffalo Bills on Wednesday night, but they didn’t make an effort to keep him, either.The practice-squad quarterback and 2007 second-round pick received a two-year deal from the Bills to join their 53-man roster, but an NFL source said Thursday morning that the Packers did not make the same offer to Brohm to keep him. The source also said that the release of wide receiver Jake Allen earlier Wednesday was not a move made to create room on the 53-man roster for Brohm.

http://www.espnmilwa...20&post_id=1317

Actually one of the posters here from TSW posted about being in a club in New York I think when Brohm, Edwards and someone else, I don't remember who, and this wasn't word for word, but the jest of it was they thought Brohm might have a drinking problem because while Trent Edwards seemed the life of the party and very outspoken, Brohm was quiet and kind of kept to himself and drank/ I'm assuming got drunk.

That coupled with the vibes I get from him, but like I said pretty much all pure speculation on my part.

OK, at least you got a reason.

I don't have a link, but I recall BB saying he has changed a bit from his days in GB and is approaching things differently. Maybe that will help him down the road. Sometimes players, even QBs, even 2nd rounders, even from GB, need a bit of time to find their way.

And yes Whitner had his worst season with the Bills last year. But do you think Sanders was more valuable in the TWO games he played last year or the SIX the year before? You actually have to play the games to be valuable.

Injuries never played into the argument and you know that. Did you remember Sanders winning the defensive MVP that year? BTW, Donte lost his job to a WR last year. But don't worry, he'll be a Pro Bowler this year! :lol:

Guest dog14787

OK, at least you got a reason.

I don't have a link, but I recall BB saying he has changed a bit from his days in GB and is approaching things differently. Maybe that will help him down the road. Sometimes players, even QBs, even 2nd rounders, even from GB, need a bit of time to find their way.

Not a real good reason and you know how first impression can effect how we see someone sometimes, but the poster seemed genuine and a couple other posters were also there and posted about it so it must have been partially true.

Injuries never played into the argument and you know that. Did you remember Sanders winning the defensive MVP that year? BTW, Donte lost his job to a WR last year. But don't worry, he'll be a Pro Bowler this year! :lol:

Of course injuries play a part. Didn't you know we were talking about football?

In 2008 the Bills may not have won 3 games w/o Donte. He had to fill in for injured players at different positions, all year. Now, that's not the kind of glitz that earns MVP awards. A guy that helps you win two games, and you go to the playoffs and maybe the SB gets that award. But who was really more valuable to their team...not to the league? Without Sanders the Colts were still a playoff team.

And if you look at those old posts you will see I never claimed Whitner was better than Sanders, but at the time more valuable to the Bills. One of the reasons was Whitner's versatility in an injury ravaged D, and Sanders inability to stay on the field for many games. Since then, Whitner actually got hurt and missed some games, but at the time Whitner was playing close to every defensive snap.

I give him a passing grade. Nothing great but his passes were for the most part on the money, scrambled better then I though, did a nice job reading the defense.

I did count 3 times when the receiver ran the wrong route or just plain fell down.

Grade C+ :flirt:

I think Brohm is gonna be chukkin' his deuces up.

I told him that he's leavin'. I know he's mad but so what? I wish him best of luck. And now I'm finnin' to throw them deuces up!

Of course injuries play a part. Didn't you know we were talking about football?

In 2008 the Bills may not have won 3 games w/o Donte. He had to fill in for injured players at different positions, all year. Now, that's not the kind of glitz that earns MVP awards. A guy that helps you win two games, and you go to the playoffs and maybe the SB gets that award. But who was really more valuable to their team...not to the league? Without Sanders the Colts were still a playoff team.

And if you look at those old posts you will see I never claimed Whitner was better than Sanders, but at the time more valuable to the Bills. One of the reasons was Whitner's versatility in an injury ravaged D, and Sanders inability to stay on the field for many games. Since then, Whitner actually got hurt and missed some games, but at the time Whitner was playing close to every defensive snap.

Aren't you the same guy who said that Donte is more important to the Bills D than Bob Sanders is to the Colts?

That's what I said.

Newsflash, as long as the Colts have Peyton, they are a playoff team. They were a playoff team without Edge, Glenn, Harrison, Meadows too.

Listen bud, Billy Bong Thorton is calling. This is getting old and you're a little ornery tonight. Get that fix and we'll talk soon.

That's what I said.

Newsflash, as long as the Colts have Peyton, they are a playoff team. They were a playoff team without Edge, Glenn, Harrison, Meadows too.

Listen bud, Billy Bong Thorton is calling. This is getting old and you're a little ornery tonight. Get that fix and we'll talk soon.

:lol:

Too sober, Cockman. I am just putting the finishing touches on a beautiful sauce I started a few hours ago, opening a bottle of red and putting the pasta on to cook in a few minutes. That'll improve my mood.

Have a good night.

:lol:

Too sober, Cockman. I am just putting the finishing touches on a beautiful sauce I started a few hours ago, opening a bottle of red and putting the pasta on to cook in a few minutes. That'll improve my mood.

Have a good night.

Nice. Hopefully there is a nice Barolo or Brunello awaiting that sauce. Had a nice Kabinett tonight followed by an old school Toro. Ya see, we have a lot more in common than just our football opinions! :lol:

I thought Brohm performed very well last night. His passes were accurate with a quick release, delivered on time and with velocity. Fitz & Brohm are pretty much equal but Brohm is younger and I think has more potential up side than Fitz. Fitz is what he is - an OK backup who will not make great plays. Brohm as a QB is still a work in progress and seems to me to have more upside and better arm strength. I think Brohm is also less likely to be injured due to his thicker body build. Fitz & TE have similar skills and abilities. Brohm can make passes that Fitz can't. His passes just seem to have much better velocity on it. I hope they keep Brohm & cut Fitz.

Nice. Hopefully there is a nice Barolo or Brunello awaiting that sauce. Had a nice Kabinett tonight followed by an old school Toro. Ya see, we have a lot more in common than just our football opinions! :lol:

Nothing that extravagant tonight (though it would be nice) I have a Tamas Estates Double Decker Red, from Cali's Central Coast. Cabernet blended with two of my favorite varietals, Petite Sirah and Barbera. Nice Italian style red. Quite tasty and a steal at around $7-$8 at the local shop:

https://shop.tamasestates.com/SHOP.AMS?LEVEL=BOT&PART=I157-08