George Bush is a man who was born on third base

I'm well aware that it happens on both sides. The libs are just far more shrill and fanatical about it and often with far less substantial arguments.

The Tea Party crowd, for instance, has very specific gripes and tend to be a lot more civilized in their discourse and demonstration than their leftward counterparts. Plus, as much as people resent the condescension of Obama, there isn't the widespread personal hatred of the man like their was for W.

And I know Hannity does it too, but to listen to a lib, everything that happened in the first two years of Bush's presidency is Bush's fault and eveything that has happened in the first two years of Obama's presidency is Bush's fault too.

Of course it SEEMS like that to you because you happen agree with the Right's opinions. Most teabaggers (and birthers) seem to be protesting the man and are simply retrofitting their talking points and protests to justify their hatred of said man. This is of course their right, but please don't try to portray it as some type of noble grass roots activism based on actual issues. See it for what it is and don't be blind to the fact that most human beings think and behave like this...not just when it comes to politics and regardless of Left or Right. Media types like Limbaugh, Olberman, Hannity and Maddow absolutely thrive on this concept. If you happen to be able to break this cycle of behavior in yourself and start thinking critically, you're suddenly far ahead of the retard curve.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ht8PmEjxUfg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47% of Republicans think the woman is qualified to be President. That is a staggeringly high number, and proves that 47% of Republicans have learned nothing from Bush.

If a community organizer can be passed off as a prez than Palin or pretty much anyone else can. The bar has been lowered so much that character,organizational skill and intelligence are no longer qualifications. The biggest consideration is how well a douchebag can be marketed. Obama and his agents are on the cutting edge of this

Edited by Dante

If a community organizer can be passed off as a prez than Palin or pretty much anyone else can. The bar has been lowered so much that character is not a qualification. The biggest consideration is how well a douchebag can be marketed. Obama and his agents are on the cutting edge of this

You forgot to mention his teleprompter, birth certificate and the death panels.

Of course it SEEMS like that to you because you happen agree with the Right's opinions. Most teabaggers (and birthers) seem to be protesting the man and are simply retrofitting their talking points and protests to justify their hatred of said man. This is of course their right, but please don't try to portray it as some type of noble grass roots activism based on actual issues. See it for what it is and don't be blind to the fact that most human beings think and behave like this...not just when it comes to politics and regardless of Left or Right. Media types like Limbaugh, Olberman, Hannity and Maddow absolutely thrive on this concept. If you happen to be able to break this cycle of behavior in yourself and start thinking critically, you're suddenly far ahead of the retard curve.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ht8PmEjxUfg

Or perhaps your leftward views prevent you from seeing how ridiculous the left is. I know, I argue with you guys all the time. Seldom do I get any kind of rational argument. Usually it's a bunch of amped up meladramatic rhetoric based on some preconceived loyalty that was adopted by an individual long before he had the knowledge or understanding to apply any critical thought.

I've said for years that people of both sides root for their team. But these "teabaggers" as douche bags like to call them, are typically more informed and more civil than your average lib-tard protestor. I've gotten an earful of both on more than one occassion and don't really give a !@#$ what anyone has to say about it. It is what it is.

You forgot "Muslim", you halfwit.

I've banked some 'halfwits' IIRC.

Or perhaps your leftward views prevent you from seeing how ridiculous the left is. I know, I argue with you guys all the time. Seldom do I get any kind of rational argument. Usually it's a bunch of amped up meladramatic rhetoric based on some preconceived loyalty that was adopted by an individual long before he had the knowledge or understanding to apply any critical thought.

I've said for years that people of both sides root for their team. But these "teabaggers" as douche bags like to call them, are typically more informed and more civil than your average lib-tard protestor. I've gotten an earful of both on more than one occassion and don't really give a !@#$ what anyone has to say about it. It is what it is.

Well, opinions are like a-holes...

You forgot to mention his teleprompter, birth certificate and the death panels.

Thank you for proving my point about consistency. The teleprompter criticism is entirely founded. Witthout his teleprompter this guy stumbles over his tongue like an invalid jumping rope. He even pulled a Ron Burgundy at an event last year. But he's your guy so you defend him, even against legitimate criticism.

Thank you for proving my point about consistency. The teleprompter criticism is entirely founded. Witthout his teleprompter this guy stumbles over his tongue like an invalid jumping rope. He even pulled a Ron Burgundy at an event last year. But he's your guy so you defend him, even against legitimate criticism.

Yes, we wouldn't want to have a prez who's a crappy public speaker. The teleprompter criticism is about the dumbest and most meaningless I've heard.

So the man has a problem...and you crucify him for his solution. Brilliant.

What the hell are you talking about?

You wrote: "You forgot to mention his teleprompter, birth certificate and the death panels."

This very simply implies that the teleprompter is just some stupid thing that conservatives like to yell about. The reality is, it's not some stupid thing, it's a crutch. I rarely agree with Chris Matthews, but in this case, he's dead on; Obama doesn't connect with anyone any more...he simply recites what's in front of him, whether he believes it or not. I didn't watch his speech, but rather listened to it in the car, and it wasn't until I saw the Matthews clip that I realized just how poorly this man's speech was delivered. His ability to talk to people like he did during his campaign -- with conviction -- is gone, and that plays a significant role in how much or little he is perceived as a leader.

You wrote: "You forgot to mention his teleprompter, birth certificate and the death panels."

This very simply implies that the teleprompter is just some stupid thing that conservatives like to yell about. The reality is, it's not some stupid thing, it's a crutch. I rarely agree with Chris Matthews, but in this case, he's dead on; Obama doesn't connect with anyone any more...he simply recites what's in front of him, whether he believes it or not. I didn't watch his speech, but rather listened to it in the car, and it wasn't until I saw the Matthews clip that I realized just how poorly this man's speech was delivered. His ability to talk to people like he did during his campaign -- with conviction -- is gone, and that plays a significant role in how much or little he is perceived as a leader.

This just shows the maturity level and class of conservatives. Can you imagine liberals deriding a President for lacking eloquent public speaking ability?

This just shows the maturity level and class of conservatives. Can you imagine liberals deriding a President for lacking eloquent public speaking ability?

No, that would never happen. :lol: :lol:

I actually think Obama is a very eloquent public speaker. That's something you're either good at, or you're not, and he is very, very good at it...provided he believes the message.

In the case of the Tuesday speech, his problem isn't that he's a poor public speaker. It's that he has a terrible poker face. I honestly didn't think his speech was that bad, but again, that's because I didn't SEE him deliver it, I only heard him. When you watch the speech, it's pretty clear, he was delivering a message that he wasn't really interested in delivering. Throw in his eyes blatantly moving back and forth while reading the teleprompter -- something you rarely see him do -- and even Chris Matthews agrees; he mailed it in.

There is such an element of "Yeah, well this is payback for Bush and nucular" to this IMO. Look, you have got LA critiquing him for lost conviction. Only the criticism and jokes started in 2008.

Let's see.....Bush slashed tax rates and the government went into the red.

Bush launched two extremely expensive wars and borrowed to pay for them

Bush pushed through several major entitlement programs just for the elderly--not the undeserving poor, so no complaints from the older voters--all on credit

Obama bailed out the financial system when the whole economy was going to crash

Who is maily responsible for our structural deficits?

Don't feel like discussing the rest of it, just want to harp on the point that in order for something to go 'into the red' it has to have been in the black. The government never stopped running up deficits during the '90's so it didn't GO into the red in the last decade. Now, to say 'it went DEEPER into the red;' I'll give you that one.

When he is off the teleprompter he doesn't appear to have much knowlege of the subject and his gaffes like the 57 states make him look foolish. Nobody should feel comfortable with the leader of the free world not being knowlegeable and appearing foolish.

When he is off the teleprompter he doesn't appear to have much knowlege of the subject and his gaffes like the 57 states make him look foolish. Nobody should feel comfortable with the leader of the free world not being knowlegeable and appearing foolish.

The obama Koolaid drinkers and now even the media has come to the realization that this man is in over his head, he's overwelmed with the amount of pressure that comes with being the POTUS. With his vast experance as a community leader you'd have thought that this job would have been a piece of cake for him. After all, giving great speaches is alls it takes to be the leader of the free world.

Don't feel like discussing the rest of it, just want to harp on the point that in order for something to go 'into the red' it has to have been in the black. The government never stopped running up deficits during the '90's so it didn't GO into the red in the last decade. Now, to say 'it went DEEPER into the red;' I'll give you that one.

Weren't the years from 97-01 surplus years?