Are you drafting Spiller in for your fantasy team?

beggar13

My team:

8 team league

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Matt Schaub

3. Steven Jackson

4. Jammal Charles

5. Anquan Boldin

6. Chad OchoCinco

7. Chris Cooley

8. Minnesota

9. Pierre Garcon

10. C.J. Spiller

11. Donovan McNabb

12. Owen Daniels

13. Santana Moss

14. Darren Mcfadden (dropped for Arian Foster)

15. Mason Crosby

16. Austin Collie (dropped for Malcom Floyd)

Edited by SKRAAPY

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely understand, but seeing as we are playing for money, I had to draft for talent and need over how it's going to make me feel on game day. Believe me, if we are playing the Jets and Shonn Greene scores, I am not happy at all, but at the end of the day I am at least getting something back for it.

Actually in imho there shouldnt be a reason not to take any of the guys from rivals, that was mentioned above. I'm okay with the guys I picked for my team, i hope they score, but I just hope the team ends up losing when they play the Bills..

Edited by RocBillsfan

I picked him up in one of my leagues, but not the rest of them. I kinda wish I took him in all of them after seeing him play more in preseason. Looks like he is going to be a 10 TD guy. Though that is way too premature.

For my main league, I grabbed:

QB- Rivers

QB- Campbell

WR Andre Johnson

WR Mike Wallace

WR Devin Hester

RB Matt Forte

RB Brandon Jacobs

TE Whitten

Flex Portis

Kicker Tynes

Def Eagles

Backups

RB Thomas jones

WR Mckluster

WR Victor Cruz

RB Fred Jackson

QB Josh freeman

TE Dustin Keller

WR Greg Camarillo

It is a pretty deep league, so I think I did well.... I really could use Spillar, because a lot of my RBs have too many questionmarks. But some idiot grabbed spillar in like the 3rd round.

We Drafted a couple weeks back...Here's how mine went...and yes I drafted "The Thriller"

1. (7) Peyton Manning

2. (14) Frank Gore

3. (27) DeSean Jackson

4. (34) Greg Jennings

5. (47) Percy Harvin

6. (54) Kevin Kolb

7. (67) Pierre Thomas

8. (74) Visanthe Shiancoe

9. (87) New Orleans

10. (94) Chicago

11. (107) Rian Lindell

12. (114) C.J. Spiller

13. (127) Devin Hester

14. (134) Arian Foster

15. (147) Eddie Royal

16. (154) Benjamin Watson

17. (167) New England

18. (174) Matt Prater

19. (187) Joshua Cribbs

20. (194) Matt Moore

21. (207) Brandon Pettigrew

It is a pretty deep league, so I think I did well.... I really could use Spillar, because a lot of my RBs have too many questionmarks. But some idiot grabbed spillar in like the 3rd round.

New name: Spillar the Pillar

I cornered the market with Bills in my 10 team league.

Spiller in rd 6

Jackson in rd 10

Evans in rd 12

Ryan Mathews and Arian Foster are my top 2 RBS. Rodgers is my QB, Boldin and DeSean Jackson are my WRS.

Jackson in rnd 10, dam that's awesome!

when did Foster go? Im hoping to snag him, but he's rising fast.

We Drafted a couple weeks back...Here's how mine went...and yes I drafted "The Thriller"

1. (7) Peyton Manning

2. (14) Frank Gore

3. (27) DeSean Jackson

4. (34) Greg Jennings

5. (47) Percy Harvin

6. (54) Kevin Kolb

7. (67) Pierre Thomas

9. (87) New Orleans

10. (94) Chicago

11. (107) Rian Lindell

12. (114) C.J. Spiller

13. (127) Devin Hester

14. (134) Arian Foster

15. (147) Eddie Royal

17. (167) New England

18. (174) Matt Prater

19. (187) Joshua Cribbs

20. (194) Matt Moore

You got a steal in Foster. He looked like a total stud against Dallas. I targeted him very early this past Sunday. Spiller will do very well too. Four deep at RB, your team is loaded.

i had the 12th in a 12 team lg last year. i wanted to kill myself during the draft, but i wound up in third place. it just felt awful like i was reaching every pick.

I hate being in this spot. There's too much time b/w picks and you can't judge (or at least I can't) who will be there and who won't oftentimes.

New name: Spillar the Pillar

Jackson in rnd 10, dam that's awesome!

when did Foster go? Im hoping to snag him, but he's rising fast.

Late in round 3. I had the #8 pick. The team at #10 had drafted Andre Johnson and Randy Moss with their 1st and 2nd round picks, so I didn't want to take a chance of them picking Foster. 13 RBS had gone before that. They wound up with Jamaal Charles after I took Foster.

Late in round 3. I had the #8 pick. The team at #10 had drafted Andre Johnson and Randy Moss with their 1st and 2nd round picks, so I didn't want to take a chance of them picking Foster. 13 RBS had gone before that. They wound up with Jamaal Charles after I took Foster.

what they did is what Im hoping to do. pick 1 QB, picks 2&3 WRs. Then load up on RBs best I can.

(It's PPR & pts for Completions & TDs)

It's a risk/experiment

Edited by dgrid

I would never take Spiller or any Bill until they prove they can score using live bullets. Been around too long to get sucked in by pre season playtime. Spiller looks nice but its still the Bills with a unproven line(at best) and not sold on Trent. Hopefully he and the line come around this season but will believe it when I see it. Utill then, I think someone like Best, Foster are better options for young rbs in this draft range.

Edited by Dante

1. (7) Peyton Manning

2. (14) Frank Gore

3. (27) DeSean Jackson

4. (34) Greg Jennings

5. (47) Percy Harvin

6. (54) Kevin Kolb

7. (67) Pierre Thomas

9. (87) New Orleans

10. (94) Chicago

11. (107) Rian Lindell

12. (114) C.J. Spiller

13. (127) Devin Hester

14. (134) Arian Foster

15. (147) Eddie Royal

17. (167) New England

18. (174) Matt Prater

19. (187) Joshua Cribbs

20. (194) Matt Moore

I am blown away Gore fell to fourteen!! Who the hell was going before him? I think he's rated as the fifth best RB in pretty much any publication you look at. Very rarely I have seen Turner ranked higher than him. Do you remember who went before him?

what they did is what Im hoping to do. pick 1 QB, picks 2&3 WRs. Then load up on RBs best I can.

It's a risk/experiment

I would take Charles over Foster. Kubiak is just too damn erratic when it comes to pulling RBs.

I like your strategy. I wanted to pick up a QB with my second pick, but Rodgers, Brees, and Manning were off the board. Anyone else would have been a reach. That what I hated about picking 7th in a 12 man draft, you are pretty much handcuffed into taking Andre Johnson. Drafting a RB or QB at that point is just a reach either way.

I would take Charles over Foster. Kubiak is just too damn erratic when it comes to pulling RBs.

I like your strategy. I wanted to pick up a QB with my second pick, but Rodgers, Brees, and Manning were off the board. Anyone else would have been a reach. That what I hated about picking 7th in a 12 man draft, you are pretty much handcuffed into taking Andre Johnson. Drafting a RB or QB at that point is just a reach either way.

I assume Charles would be gone by the 4th, which is when I start picking RBs. I'd be happy w/ any 2 of Charles, Foster, Best caliber. prob wont happen like that tho. I'll grab about 5 RBs tot, hope for sleepers to step up.

I'd be content w/ Schaub as #1 pick. Depending on what's happening in 1st rnd, Romo, Rivers would be ok if other players grab QBs in 1st, which I doubt. OK, I guess Brady too, if I have to.

I assume Charles would be gone by the 4th, which is when I start picking RBs. I'd be happy w/ any 2 of Charles, Foster, Best caliber. prob wont happen like that tho. I'll grab about 5 RBs tot, hope for sleepers to step up.

I'd be content w/ Schaub as #1 pick. Depending on what's happening in 1st rnd, Romo, Rivers would be ok if other players grab QBs in 1st, which I doubt. OK, I guess Brady too, if I have to.

Yeah, I wanted Schaub, but ended up having to settle for Romo. It was tough deciding between him and Rivers. Longest it took me to make a pick the entire draft actually.

It's a risk/experiment

I tried a similar experiment last year dgrid. Everyone was scrambling for running backs so I chose Fitzgerald rd1, Andre Johnson Rnd2, Peyton Manning Rnd3, and loaded up on sleeper running backs. Happened to get Ray Rice late round pick. I won my league but it's a risky strategy. I hope your strategy works out for you. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I wanted Schaub, but ended up having to settle for Romo. It was tough deciding between him and Rivers. Longest it took me to make a pick the entire draft actually.

Romo/Rivers tiebreaker should be rooting for Dallas or San Diego. how ya feel about Dallas? maybe you're more objective than I am.

I tried a similar experiment last year dgrid. Everyone was scrambling for running backs so I chose Fitzgerald rd1, Andre Johnson Rnd2, Peyton Manning Rnd3, and loaded up on sleeper running backs. Happened to get Ray Rice late round pick. I won my league but it's a risky strategy. I hope your strategy works out for you. :thumbsup:

Sweet lineup! thx

Our draft had 4 QBs go in the first nine picks. Schaub went #9. By the start of rd 4 for RBs, Addai, Pierre Thomas, Ronnie Brown, Moreno, Bush, Stewart, McCoy, Forte, Spiller, Best, Wells, Cadillac, M.Barber, Portis and Jacobs were what was left. Hightower and Forsett went in rd 9.

Edited by buffaloaggie