DirecTV to offer games online without DirecTV sat subscription

Peace

How soon after a game is over can you access it?

LINK

This page suggests it's available the moment the game ends. I signed up for the pre-season package and the video player is really cool. Watch up to 4 games at once, no commericals, and a handy jump-ahead button so you can speed through the game if you want.

PTR

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please explain to me, without going into too much detail, why I can listen to 97 Rock streamming the NFL live, but it is illeagal for WIVB to stream its video?

It's actually illegal for the radio station to stream the games, too (I believe). They usually do it in preseason but stop during the season.

You found the answer but for everyone else: No. That would defeat the moneymaking purpose. This is a substitute to the satellite, not a way to circumvent the law!

Not looking to break the law...just wondering if the service allowed multiple log ins, like other services I have seen in the past. Thanks for jumping to conclusions that I am trying to circumvent the law

As far as who can sign up, I just got off the phone with DirecTV and they CSR said anyone can sign up for Sunday Ticket to go. Its not restricted to only those who cant receive DirecTV.

Not looking to break the law...just wondering if the service allowed multiple log ins, like other services I have seen in the past. Thanks for jumping to conclusions that I am trying to circumvent the law

As far as who can sign up, I just got off the phone with DirecTV and they CSR said anyone can sign up for Sunday Ticket to go. Its not restricted to only those who cant receive DirecTV.

Read what I wrote bro: I wasnt' saying that you were trying to do anything illegal. I was just pointing out that the NFL would never allow someone to do what you propose.

Hope this helps:

When are new games posted to Game Rewind? Why isn't Game Rewind available during certain times of the week?

New games are published to Game Rewind after the completion of the game(s) and will be available to Game Rewind subscribers by 6am EST the day after the game, except in the case of the Monday Night Football game which will be available by 12am EST the Wednesday following the game

NFL Game Rewind Service is unavailable during the live broadcast of NFL games, and as a result the service will be unavailable during the following days and times during the 2010 NFL Regular Season (Sept. 9, 2010 to Jan. 2, 2011). Times of blackout are subject to change:

Day Blackout Start Time Blackout End Time

Sundays 1:00 pm EST 11:59 pm EST

Mondays 8:30 pm EST 11:59 pm EST

Thursdays* 8:20 pm EST 11:59 pm EST

*All Thursday games broadcast on NFL Network

Edited by gflande1

That would make sense. For that price why would they care who signs up as long as people buy it. Great for people who are out of town certain weekends.

Can someone please explain to me, without going into too much detail, why I can listen to 97 Rock streamming the NFL live, but it is illeagal for WIVB to stream its video?

If 97 Rock does stream the games, it's because they have a license with the content holder to do so, and WIVB does not.

Meanwhile, MLB.tv is 1/3 of the price (for almost 10 times as many games), and you can watch multiple games on multiple devices at the same location. On occasion I have had as many as five games going at once in my family room: TV, iMac, iPad, iTouch and laptop.

The predatory pricing and the unnecessary restrictions on watching on multiple devices are a direct outgrowth of DirecTV's fear that they'll lose customers. For as much as the NFL props up DirecTV, you'd think they owned stock in the company.

If I remember right from last year (I had it) the trick was it wouldn't work when there was any other game on in your area.

So, you can't use Game Rewind while the Monday night games were on - which was pretty annoying.

Hope this helps:

Thanks for the info!

That pretty much tells me what I need to know. If I could watch the games at 5pm on Sunday, maybe it would be worth it.

Now I'm seriously considering shelling out the $350 for the DTV online thingy. It's ridiculously overpriced, but I needs my Bills fix! And here in Atlanta, I don't expect any of these Sunday 1pm games to be televised locally.

Thanks for the info!

That pretty much tells me what I need to know. If I could watch the games at 5pm on Sunday, maybe it would be worth it.

Now I'm seriously considering shelling out the $350 for the DTV online thingy. It's ridiculously overpriced, but I needs my Bills fix! And here in Atlanta, I don't expect any of these Sunday 1pm games to be televised locally.

All the bars closed in Atlanta?

The predatory pricing and the unnecessary restrictions on watching on multiple devices are a direct outgrowth of DirecTV's fear that they'll lose customers. For as much as the NFL props up DirecTV, you'd think they owned stock in the company.

In a sense they do, given how much $$$,$$$,$$$ the NFL rapes DirecTV for. And yeah, DirecTV would lose most of their customers w/o the Sunday Ticket.

I actually was pretty happy with DirecTV in the past - the problem I had was I moved somewhere with a lot of huge trees in the way of my SW view of the sky. I've got enough view for most of the channels, but not enough to see the satellite they broadcast the HD stuff on - regular def doesn't cut it anymore - I'm spoiled now.

Edited by BobChalmers

Thanks for the info!

I would think a combination of the Red Zone Channel and NFL Rewind would be better and $250 cheaper. That way you see all the important stuff live and if the game was good enough you could go back and cruise through it w/o commercials to fill in all the 2 yards runs, incomplete passes and punts.

I would think a combination of the Red Zone Channel and NFL Rewind would be better and $250 cheaper. That way you see all the important stuff live and if the game was good enough you could go back and cruise through it w/o commercials to fill in all the 2 yards runs, incomplete passes and punts.

Yeah, but that's my affliction. I NEED to see all those 2 yard runs and incomplete passes and illegal procedure penalties. My name is gringo starr and I am a lifetime Bills fan. :cry: