What amazes me the most about Spiller.

DarthICE

His ability to change direction going full speed. I have watched the draw play for a TD again and he is heading up field then BANG he seems to just shift 5 yards to the left near the sideline without breaking stride. This kid could end up being special

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His ability to change direction going full speed. I have watched the draw play for a TD again and he is heading up field then BANG he seems to just shift 5 yards to the left near the sideline without breaking stride. This kid could end up being special

As soon as he learns to run upfield or cross field, but not backwards. Once he overcomes that negative yardage thing, he will be unbelievable.

You can't teach instincts and vision. Add those two attributes to his stunning speed and acceleration and you got a big play guy.

You can't teach instincts and vision. Add those two attributes to his stunning speed and acceleration and you got a big play guy.

Doesn't it seem like this one guy has upped everybody's game? Combine this with better coaching, Trent maturing, Roscoe FINALLY being utilized properly, more discipline (less penalties), a few other things ... & hey, we may finally have an offense!

Edited by Enuf-is-Enuf

Doesn't it seem like this one guy has upped everybody's game? Combine this with better coaching, Trent maturing, Roscoe FINALLY being utilized properly, more discipline (less penalties), a few other things ... & hey, we may finally have an offense!

That is ALL coaching.

PTR

As soon as he learns to run upfield or cross field, but not backwards. Once he overcomes that negative yardage thing, he will be unbelievable.

Doesn't Barry Sanders have the most run attempts for negative yardage in NFL history or something like that? Just sayin.

I agree but in his defense the line ABSOLUTELY caved in on a couple of those plays. It was embarrassing.

I agree but in his defense the line ABSOLUTELY caved in on a couple of those plays. It was embarrassing.

Not really. The Bengals were stacking the box and keying in on the run early in the game. After making some adjustments by throwing in some nice passing plays, the run game opened up. There are going to be times when this happens. How you respond to it, is what matters. Thank the coaches for understanding that.

IMO only Spiller and Chris Johnson are the two backs in the league that make both of those 20 yd runs by CJ last night. Any other back in the league gets shoved out of bounds after 5-7 yds. That speed to beat the cb to the corner gets me real excited about this kid.

I agree. The coaching is big too, but Spiller gives off a vibe that that he expects to do well (no, please don't call it "swagger", I consider that to be a kind of false bravado, an overcompensating strut), and I think it 's rubbing off, or maybe just bringing it out of some of the other guys. He seems anxious to prove something, instead of just saying "we'll, we will see, I'm hoping that things will go our way", he says "I can't wait to start the real games, we can be explosive!".

I have been accused of being too negative on this board, but I consider Spiller a big step in the right direction not just on the field, but ATTITUDE-wise,

CJ will have to break some of his college habits. He's no longer in a class to himself and will have to come to grips with some plays will lose yardage, or won't gain anything. Accept it and head to the next play. He won't always be able to outrun everyone.

CJ will have to break some of his college habits. He's no longer in a class to himself and will have to come to grips with some plays will lose yardage, or won't gain anything. Accept it and head to the next play. He won't always be able to outrun everyone.

But thankfully, most of the time he will. ;)