Just think how good we'd be if Cowher had signed

VABills

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you were right the first time.

With no due respect to Steve Spurrier, Pete Carroll and Jimmy Johnson the most over-rated coach I have ever seen is probably Bill Cowher.

Don't knock Gailey,this is most organized and disaplined Bill's team has looked since MARV was here. the lack of penalties on offense goes directly to good coaching.

I myself was hoping to get Marty. I have always liked his tough nosed approach. He is a proven winner in the regular season. I was hoping he would get the chance to get the post season monkey off his back with multiple Buffalo post season wins and a Lombardi trophy.

Cowher wanted to be here, Nix nixed him and chose Gailey instead. I think a good decision although you can't give Cowher enough props...

I don't believe that is accurate information. All the accounts I have read indicated otherwise.

I myself was hoping to get Marty. I have always liked his tough nosed approach. He is a proven winner in the regular season. I was hoping he would get the chance to get the post season monkey off his back with multiple Buffalo post season wins and a Lombardi trophy.

i remeber reading after we had already signed chan that marty was very interested in coaching here i tihink we did the rite thing tho by going with gailey

Cowher wouldn't be any better than Chan. The only difference is we'd have the media slobbering over us.

PTR

One more difference - it would show that the Bills could get a coach like Cowher. Still lots of stories out there that the Bills chose Gailey because top coaches won't come to Buffalo.

Cowher is overrated. Did nothing until Big Ben came along. That said, he did do more than any of our coaches during his tenure.

Another way of looking at that is after Tom Donahoe lost the power struggle (lucky us), Cowher took them to 1 SB title, two other division championship games, and two other playoff seasons in 7 years. It happened to coincide with NE*'s dominance, taking away from the accomplishment, some. He and the front office left the team in a pretty good position after he left, as evidenced by the SB win the following year.

and you know this how?:flirt:

I just know. As mpl said all reports said that he wasn't interested. Everyone also reported that nobody wanted to coach here and nobody wants to play here. When you understand the knuckleheads we have here in the sports media and how they love to put down the sports teams and the city you understand how those rumours get out there. Several coaches were intersted including Cowher.

I just know. As mpl said all reports said that he wasn't interested. Everyone also reported that nobody wanted to coach here and nobody wants to play here. When you understand the knuckleheads we have here in the sports media and how they love to put down the sports teams and the city you understand how those rumours get out there. Several coaches were intersted including Cowher.

Oh 'everyone' and 'mpl' say this?...You have to have a source BillsBeat. With your reasoning I could say that there is life on other planets because I just know and that eveyone says so. Come on man. Give me something I can use! :wallbash:

Oh 'everyone' and 'mpl' say this?...You have to have a source BillsBeat. With your reasoning I could say that there is life on other planets because I just know and that eveyone says so. Come on man. Give me something I can use! :wallbash:

What could one say? Yeah, I spoke with Buddy Nix or Yep, I know the janitor at the stadium. First, once you out a source, they are not longer a source and no longer a friend. The radio gurus seem to have no problem spreading the "No one wants to come to Buffalo" or something like that without any hesitation and people believe them. I'm just sayin.

How many times does it have to be said that Cowher is Mike Dika II, a coach who won one SB with a superb assistant coach staff and overall top run organization. If Cowher is smart he'll stay retired and not make an idiot of himself like Ditka did in New Orleans. Perhaps some of you weren't around in the 80s to understand the amazing similarity of Ditka and Cowher.

There is some truth to that. The team managed to do pretty well after he left with a rookie coach.