My prediction and fear for 2010

Our offense is going to perform decent but our defense will be bad. I guess that would make sense as every time we get a head coach, we pick somebody another team would only consider as a coordinator. Hopefully Chan gives us a great offensive year and Ralph spends some money on a good DC next year. Go Bills. This should be a fun season.

Our offense is going to perform decent but our defense will be bad. I guess that would make sense as every time we get a head coach, we pick somebody another team would only consider as a coordinator. Hopefully Chan gives us a great offensive year and Ralph spends some money on a good DC next year. Go Bills. This should be a fun season.

The defense will get better as the year goes on. But yes, the offense may have to score 35 points a game, which looks like it might be able to!

PTR

If it makes you feel any better, the defense was horrible last year too. I wouldn't be surprised if we see the D continue to be bad, the O turn around and be solid, and ST be about the same or a little worse.

The secondary still looks like its able to generate interceptions, the run defense still looks awful, but I expect the defense will improve as the season goes on. The offense looks pretty good, but keep in mind, the Bengals took their starters out after the 1st quarter (some of them anyway). The Bills struggled a bit in the first quarter. Don't forget this is the preseason. two years ago the Lions were 4-0 in the preseason and 0-16 in the regular season. Spiller gives us hope though, that kid can play!

The defense will get better as the year goes on. But yes, the offense may have to score 35 points a game, which looks like it might be able to!

PTR

It isn't possible for Chan to be worse than Jauron. The possibility is non-existant. This is an automatic plus. Even if Gailey isn't a very good coach, he will look like Parcells as compared to Jauron. And, I feel the same way about Nix vs. Levy/Brandon. These men were incompetent.

I have less faith in the offense than do you. We can pretend that we have offensive tackles, but we don't. At least not yet. I like the middle 3 on the OL. Spiller, if he isn't slaughtered, looks like he will score some points. The receiving corps isn't good and with limited blocking, putting up 35 might be a huge reach, but I hope not.

As far as the defense, you have to like the draft, especially rounds 2 and 3. I really liked Batten; it sucks that he went down but so be it. They, as you said, will improve towards the end of the season, or so it appears to me.

In summary, I think that with a good draft in 2011, the Bills have a chance to contend. If they think OTs and probably a QB, they will have a foundation that the horror show that was Levy/Jauron scoffed at.

Btw, I saw some of the Giant game last night. Fewell and his Tampa-2 got their asses handed to them. It was brutal, and this is the kind of idiotic coaching we have been forced to endure. Again, if the Bills can leave the DBs and RBs alone in the 2011 draft, this team has a shot to be good.

I agree,

Saw end of 1st and full 2nd quarter of game yesterday. O-line finally seems to be finding some cohesiveness, I am most heartened by Chan's ability to run a dynamic offense. Both characteristics have been sorely missing for many years. Certainly they will have their problems and breakdowns, but I came away feeling there's truly something to build on this year.

Seeing Trent play, one of the things that impressed me is he's showing a real feel for the pocket, pressure, and when to move out. I strongly suspect Jauron strictly coached him and JP to stay in one spot as long as possible. Thank God for new coaching.

On D, our front line will need some time to find consistancy but there is some ability there. Linebackers (especially OLB) will really be a problem this year, expect teams to exploit it.

Definitely reasons for hope and optimism this year. First 4 games should tell us whether we can hope to flirt with the playoffs. Either way should be a fun year to see what develops.

Edited by GaryPinC

Our offense is going to perform decent but our defense will be bad.

hey rocker, mh from june called, he wants his prediction back

... specifically, 16th or better in total offensive points scored, 27th or worse in defensive points allowed

and still four wins

I have less faith in the offense than do you. We can pretend that we have offensive tackles, but we don't.

Cornell Green was signed as a free agent. Why? He plays like he is an open turnstile. Our qb is in jeopardy. With Bell there is a chance that he can get better. With Green, he is a has been who never was. This was a very peculiar signing.

let's not forget we haven't had our starters together all preseason. Also, Torbor, Byrd and Williams were out last night. If we can get healthy quick, I'm confident that the D will gel.

Williams being out killed their run defense early...it was pretty apparant. The defense is going to get better as the year goes on. To that end, I think they should just play Maybin and get him reps so maybe he can grow with the unit.