Trent the Dale Carnegie QB.

If Chan is not going to give Brohm a real chance then I say start Fitz. He has wheels and he is a scrapper. With a team as young as the Bills and with all the changes going on we need a knife fighter as oppose to someone that seems polished in early preseason quarters. Fitz showed excellent team command and evade against Cincy and showed a ton of heart last year and has no probs chucking down field. Trent shuts down when the Sh*t hits the fan (or his head). In fairness Trent potentially could be the golden cog in a smooth running machine but we are a long ways from that. We will win based on ballsy calls, "fundamentals" -Chan, and being more violent than the opposition. I say start Brohm next week to see his fight if he fails roll with Fitz. Otherwise expect more well-thought-out post loss speeches from Trent that will ease your pain as we look to the next season. LETS GO BILLS!!!

If Chan is not going to give Brohm a real chance then I say start Fitz. He has wheels and he is a scrapper. With a team as young as the Bills and with all the changes going on we need a knife fighter as oppose to someone that seems polished in early preseason quarters. Fitz showed excellent team command and evade against Cincy and showed a ton of heart last year and has no probs chucking down field. Trent shuts down when the Sh*t hits the fan (or his head). In fairness Trent potentially could be the golden cog in a smooth running machine but we are a long ways from that. We will win based on ballsy calls, "fundamentals" -Chan, and being more violent than the opposition. I say start Brohm next week to see his fight if he fails roll with Fitz. Otherwise expect more well-thought-out post loss speeches from Trent that will ease your pain as we look to the next season. LETS GO BILLS!!!

I like the title of your thread a lot John. I think we're trying to find our long term qb though. You're right Fitzy is a scrapper and leader but he can take us only so far. We need to find out if Trent or Brohm is the one and if they aren't then we'll know what to do in next year's draft. Fitzy seems to be our only known quantity now so far. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing because we know what we can expect out of him.

Go Bills!!!

I can't believe Brohm is so bitter he just joined TBD & has to vent on TSW. Nice 1st post Brian.

Trent is the starter, looked pretty darn good tonight. All Brohm did was hand off and throw a long pass out of bounds in mop up duty.

This irrational Brohm is better than Edwards stuff has to stop. The coaches, who practically live with these guys have done their evaluations and at best, have decided Brohm is not ready and will be kept around to try to develop. Meanwhile, like him or not, Trent Edwards is currently light years ahead of Brohm. I don't know if that's a positive for Edwards or a real negative for Brohm.

I can't believe Brohm is so bitter he just joined TBD & has to vent on TSW. Nice 1st post Brian.

Trent is the starter, looked pretty darn good tonight. All Brohm did was hand off and throw a long pass out of bounds in mop up duty.

This irrational Brohm is better than Edwards stuff has to stop. The coaches, who practically live with these guys have done their evaluations and at best, have decided Brohm is not ready and will be kept around to try to develop. Meanwhile, like him or not, Trent Edwards is currently light years ahead of Brohm. I don't know if that's a positive for Edwards or a real negative for Brohm.

aw... i was so tempted to reply to this also, but i thought it'd be best to let it slip off the first page... oh well.

plus, this reply is much more clever than what mine would've been, simply, "shut up."

since i decided to spend a little more time, i'll add that fitz sucks. but i like his chutzpah and i'd much rather have him than brian br-yawn. i know, brohm just needs a chance to play with and against starters, that's his ticket. :sick:

How Trent Edwards has compared to some other quarterbacks (Not an all inclusive list) who have played against STARTING defenses this preseason. And Edwards has done it...under a new system...behind an offensive line that, shall we say, has issues..with a receiving corps that has one established veteran...etc....etc...etc...

......................Att/Comp......%.....Yds...Yds/Att.TD/Int..Rating

Trent Edwards BUF.....37/24........64.9...304....8.2....2/1....97.1

Drew Brees NO.........32/50........64.0...331....6.6....2/0....96.3

Philip Rivers SD......31/48........64.6...354....7.4....2/1....91.8

Joe Flacco BAL........38/62........61.3...421....6.8....3/1....90.9

Rex Grossman WAS......33/55........60.0...446....8.1....2/1....90.4

Peyton Manning IND....31/51........60.8...396....7.8....3/2....88.4

David Garrard JAC.....35/49........71.4...325....6.6....1/1....87.5

Matt Hasselbeck SEA...24/42........57.1...279....6.6....1/0....85.3

Sam Bradford STL......27/49........55.1...270....5.5....2/0....84.6

Matt Cassel KC........34/50........68.0...235....4.7....2/1....83.3

Chad Henne MIA........26/47........55.3...293....6.2....2/1....79.5

Mark Sanchez NYJ......31/48........64.6...270....5.6....2/2....75.9

Jason Campbell OAK....23/41........56.1...312....7.6....0/1....70.4

Derek Anderson ARI....31/53........58.5...287....5.4....2/2....70.2

Matt Ryan ATL.........24/45........53.3...213....4.7....1/1....64.4

Kevin Kolb PHI........28/53........52.8...324....6.1....0/1....63.7

Matt Moore CAR........28/57........49.1...279....4.9....0/1....56.1

Jimmy Clausen CAR.....21/42........50.0...231....5.5....0/2....46.8

He is no Peyton Manning, but I have reserved my judgement until I can see how he will do under his first truly offensive coach with some proper guidance. All I can say at this point is that he has gotten better each week

Hope the trend continues

Edited by billsfan1959

The Trent haters are beginning to be beside themselves in spasms of confused and illogical arguments about their 'knowledge' that Trent is destined to be a colossal failure in the NFL.

He may never blossom into a top tier NFL QB - with liberal thanks and an f-youse to Jauron's mishandling of his early development. But even the Chan haters have to see the difference so far in how a real HC and OC can make with respect to the development of an NFL QB.

There are no guarantees, but at least IMHO, Chan has righted The Bills and Trent's ship. May that continue. Go Bills!

How Trent Edwards has compared to some other quarterbacks (Not an all inclusive list) who have played against STARTING defenses this preseason...under a new system...behind an offensive line that, shall we say, has issues..with a receiving corps that has one established veteran...etc....etc...etc...

……………………………………........Att/Comp………....%.....Yds……Yds/Att…TD/Int……Rating

Trent Edwards BUF ……..24/37….…………..64.9…….304……..8.2……..2/1………..97.1

He is no Peyton Manning, but I have reserved my judgement until I can see how he will do under his first truly offensive coach with some proper guidance. All I can say at this point is that he has gotten better each

Hope the trend continues

Fixed it for you.

The Trent haters are beginning to be beside themselves in spasms of confused and illogical arguments about their 'knowledge' that Trent is destined to be a colossal failure in the NFL.

He may never blossom into a top tier NFL QB - with liberal thanks and an f-youse to Jauron's mishandling of his early development. But even the Chan haters have to see the difference so far in how a real HC and OC can make with respect to the development of an NFL QB.

There are no guarantees, but at least IMHO, Chan has righted The Bills and Trent's ship. May that continue. Go Bills!

Fixed it for you.

Thanks

The QB discussion is over. Haven't you been watching, reading, listening? It's time to move on and support your team -- or at least, find a new bone on which to chew!! Trent has earned the starter job -- love him or hate him, he's the Bills #1 QB. Let's talk about something else . . . I know . . . Ralph is cheap. No, wait. Maybin sucks. Naw. How 'bout that b@5t@rd Moorman -- now he's a real problem! . . .

:devil:

Edited by Sabre Bill

No doubt in my mind Trent will fail once again, once the real bullets start flying. He does not have good throwing mechanics which will not allow him to be a good NFL qb. He has failed for 3 years running, so why would things be different now, nothing about him has changed, watch and see come opening day.

Edited by FreakPop

How many different offensive coordinators has Trent had over the past 8 years, anyone know?

The guy has confidence issues, sometimes he has it, sometimes he doesn't. When he plays with it, he usually performs well, when he doesn't, he doesn't.

We can look back and blame his confidence, the O-line, the constant reshuffling of offensive inept coordinators, his injuries or maybe he just sucks. I think confidence is an issue as are his injuries, but any rational thinking person knows that the terrible O-line and the reshuffling of offensive coordinators through out his lifetime are major factors.

I liked the way he was stepping into the pocket, looking off various receivers and going to the second and third options and the fact that he was throwing consistent and accurate passes at least 8 yards down the field which is a change from what we had seen.

Is it not possible that a change of a proven offensive coordinator is the difference? We'll see, he's done this before where he looked impressive for a few games and then BAM!! His confidence shatters and everything goes all down hill from there...

One thing is for sure, he is definitely better than Fitz will ever be and at this stage of Brohm's career, he is better than him as well.