I wouldn't change head coaches for anything.

I am pleased with Chan so far, and I am ok with his blasting of the teenagers, but it is way to early to annoint him with Saban and Levy.

See the bolded statement above. Please recall at a Levy press conference when a reporter alluded to false drug stories about Bruce Smith. Levy went nuts on the guy. Called him and others "jerks". This was broadcast on every major football show for weeks. Levy had his players backs. Bruce Smith expressed sincere gratitude for this because he did have issues in his past.

Levy did what Chan did with 100X the impact. Levy handled the entire team, press, and fans as good as you could expect. he did it in a era that was much tougher to do so in.

Saban, who I really respect a lot, had his issues with players (Gilcrest and Lamonica certainly come to mind). Levy handled all relationships with class and grace.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would rather have Cowher who would have hired Gailey as OC.

And do you think the Bills fans would have the patience to wait 14 years like they did in P-Burgh? There were jamokes on this board who were in suicidal mode after the first preseason game, already declaring that Gailey stunk.

Well, I was hoping you would read the reason :blush:

Ok. So I read it. I agree with everything you said. But again. I still stand by that I did not have to read it. I thought this article would have been 95 percent of what you said :0) and I totally agree.

Edited by DukeyBomb

Well said Die Hard! I'm with ya 100%! For the first time in a long time I feel as if we have a good head coach!

I really hope he finally turns out to be the coach that the organization has been looking to find for the past decade and a half, but wins determine if a coach is good or not, and he hasn't even won a game yet? You didn't feel that way when Mularkey had the Bills winning what, 6 or 7 games in a row to position themselves for a playoff spot if they could beat the Steelers' third stringers? How did that turn out?

Oh puleeesze, DieHard...

I'm good with Gailey thus far, like the change from the last 3 incompetent boobs to a HC who at least has a clue what offense is, but all this 'way-to-go' nonsense about Gailey dressin' down a group of rambunctious 10-year-olds for mocking Trent Edwards has me rolling on the floor!

Does anyone honestly think a Bill Cowher, a Bill Belichick, a Mike Ditka, a Bill Parcells, et al, would make such a fool of themselves as to engage a gang of juveniles on summer vacation? That any of those HCs would waste time and oxygen rushing to defend TE's honor to a bunch of prepubescents????

More likely they'd laugh and say, "Hey Trentie, you're being mocked-out by a bunch of 10-year-olds! Waddayagonna do about it???"

(Of course, here in BuffTown, where we haven't had a QB with gonads since Jim Kelly - with the possible exception of Doug Flutie - the fans applaud Gailey for saying, "Don't worry, Trent, stop crying and wipe your nose - I'll go make 'em stop!")

Even Buffalo Snooze sports reporter Bob DiCesare thought Gailey a bit silly for the outburst...

Bills fans' taunts not totally unjustified

Tomorrow is 'Kid's Day' at RWS - I only hope Chan Gailey doesn't decide to take on an entire stadium of preteens just to show Trent Edwards that 'Chan's got your back!'

What a suprise, the Senator focusing on Trent Edwards. Buddy, you have an unhealthy fixation with the guy.

Gailey did what he did because he is defending himself first and foremost. He is the one believing this or that player can be productive for him.

If a fan heckles a player, Gailey takes it personal, because he is arrogant enough to believe that he can win with Edwards as his QB.

That is why I liked what he did when he did it. Final practice of TC that sends a message to the fans and media that he is confident with what he's trying to do.

Of course he's subject to a lot of criticism if he doesn't show it on the field but he's confident in his abilities to turn this thing around.

Only the most bitter haters can't see the difference with Chan in charge. Gailey is probably the best coaching hire for team that has been stuck in loser mode for a decade. Whatever talent there is on this team Chan will bring it out. Hopefully he is just as smart game planning. But right now there is no way we are a worse team than last year.

PTR

Disagree.

Coaches/Postions this year versus last:

HC +, Asst. Coaches -, QB =, RB +, WR -, TE -, OL =, DL -, LB =, Secondary =, Special Teams -

How I see it is that we have more minuses than pluses. That means we are worse, maybe equal if injuries play to our favor this year.

I've said this before on the boards, but I'm a GT season ticket holder and don't think Chan is a good coach. He's good at all the stuff we've seen so far, but Chan's in game coaching, while not as bad as Jauron's, leaves plenty to be desired. Before we decide if he's the right guy or not, let's watch him coach some games that count.

I tend to agree with you on all point. Chan has the attributes of what I would consider a coach and leader. He takes a firm stand, stands by his words and backs them up. He isn't trying to impress anyone, especially the press. He takes craps from no one and won't allow his players to be derated. He reminds me of Tuna in the early years. Unfortunately, with an impending lockout next year, it might be a four year process to get near the playoffs.

I tend to agree with you on all point. Chan has the attributes of what I would consider a coach and leader. He takes a firm stand, stands by his words and backs them up. He isn't trying to impress anyone, especially the press. He takes craps from no one and won't allow his players to be derated. He reminds me of Tuna in the early years. Unfortunately, with an impending lockout next year, it might be a four year process to get near the playoffs.

Yes, Chan is most certainly 'Tuna-like' - reminds me of the time Parcells went out of his way to dress down an entire middle school of hecklers :rolleyes:

(I forget now who was the Patriettes* player whom NE* coach Bill Parcells mocked when he said, 'Oh she'll be OK')

Holy cow the Marv rant was awesome. Haven't seen it in years and previous clips I had seen did not catch the complete disgust he felt toward the reporter.

Anyone know who he was yelling at?

Yeah, no one had 'til I posted it 3 days ago. As for who he was yellin' at, Jerry Sullivan joined the Buffalo Snooze in 1989. Just sayin'...

Edited by The Senator

Gailey did what he did because he is defending himself first and foremost. He is the one believing this or that player can be productive for him.

If a fan heckles a player, Gailey takes it personal, because he is arrogant enough to believe that he can win with Edwards as his QB.

That is why I liked what he did when he did it. Final practice of TC that sends a message to the fans and media that he is confident with what he's trying to do.

I read this situation a little different. I think Coach Gailey wigged out because he wants to build an us vs. them thing on the team. You know, "they don't think we can win. They think we stink. When you insult one of us you insult all of us. We're gonna show those lousy SOBs what we're made of." Jocks eat this stuff up.

It's a tried and true coaching trick used by the Tuna and Bill Bellyache and many others.

I agree with everything you said except the "slightly below average talent" stuff. I think the talent is right there with anyone; the problem is getting the players to live up to it. Talent is often not "obvious" until it is developed in the right way. I think we're going to see players written off as "busts" or "average" suddenly make an impact on this team.

Yes, Chan is most certainly 'Tuna-like' - reminds me of the time Parcells went out of his way to dress down an entire middle school of hecklers :rolleyes:

(I forget now who was the Patriettes* player whom NE* coach Bill Parcells mocked when he said, 'Oh she'll be OK')

Terry Glenn.

I read this situation a little different. I think Coach Gailey wigged out because he wants to build an us vs. them thing on the team. You know, "they don't think we can win. They think we stink. When you insult one of us you insult all of us. We're gonna show those lousy SOBs what we're made of." Jocks eat this stuff up.

It's a tried and true coaching trick used by the Tuna and Bill Bellyache and many others.

Indeed it is!!!! :thumbsup:

In fact, it is so "tried and true" 'Belichick*-like' that I'm thinking of starting an entire web site of Bill Belichick berating 12-year-olds in defense of Tom Brady! :rolleyes:

Got any examples to contribute?

Edited by The Senator

Well said Die Hard! I'm with ya 100%! For the first time in a long time I feel as if we have a good head coach!

WTF?

Every year like clockwork every team in the NFL thinks they have a shot at this time of year. In about a month reality will start to sink into some thick skulls and fans will begin to realize nothing has changed. The Bills are headed for another long season of frustration and excuses.

This team is a long way from achieving anything remotely resembling quality.

But as long as you are happy ... who am I to argue?

If Chan Gailey was so great why has every team in the NFL passed on him as a head coach for the last decade? Buddy Nix and Ralph Wilson are convinced that everybody else in the league has no idea what they have been passing up all these years.

Reality check scheduled for October 2010. Be there.

Indeed it is!!!! :thumbsup:

In fact, it is so "tried and true" 'Belichick*-like' that I'm thinking of starting an entire web site of Bill Belichick berating 12-year-olds in defense of Tom Brady! :rolleyes:

Got any examples to contribute?

Are you disputing that Bill Bellyache uses the tried and true us vs. them motivational tool on his boys? It can be anything. It doesn't necessarily have to be some real wrong done to his team. Could be 12 year olds, could be "journalists", could be a hurricane.