Are you going to move when you retire?

Now I am 15 years[or 20,the way things are going lately] away from this,but I do give it some thought. I don't think the 60+ version of myself is going to care about the Alaska stuff [this state is a young mans game]so why put up with winter? I got to thinking about this when I was in Flagstaff AZ. recently. Short mild winters, warm but not hot summers,lots of open space. Perfect for a elderly Gentleman as I will be.Ahh excuse my babble,maybe just dreaming of a life w/o winter[20 years Buffalo, 15 Alaska] :D

Not sure what we plan on doing yet. I liked having this summer off form Ge on a 9 week lack of work. Very short view of what retirement would be like. Not sure how long past 60 I will work. Will more than likely move out of NY so I do not have to pay state income tax.

Not sure what we plan on doing yet. I liked having this summer off form Ge on a 9 week lack of work. Very short view of what retirement would be like. Not sure how long past 60 I will work. Will more than likely move out of NY so I do not have to pay state income tax.

I would still like to work till the day I die, but at a job I enjoy. A fly fishing shop comes to mind. "Yes sir, I nailed 6 trout on that fly yesterday-you want a dozen?" Thats me.

I'm probably going to be able to retire early, sometime between the age of 55 and 60. I won't retire here in SF but we'll spend the next five plus years figuring out where. Would love to retire in the wine country, like Sonoma, depends on what the nest egg looks like then.

I've been retired for a week now & I don't have any plans to move out of the suburbs of Albany. I'm 4-5 hours from Buffalo & less than 3 hours from NY. On opening weekend I'm doing a doubleheader-Bills game on Sunday, going home immediately after the game, then a bus trip to the Meadowlands for the Ravens @ Jets MNF Jets' opening of the new stadium. I like the location being within a day drive of NYC, Boston, Montreal, Buffalo etc, without the headaches of the big cities.

If I move anywhere, it would probably be to WNY because I could sell my house & buy a comparable house for 60-70% of what my house is worth here. The decision would be financial, but for now I have enough $ that I don't need to move.

Now I am 15 years[or 20,the way things are going lately] away from this,but I do give it some thought. I don't think the 60+ version of myself is going to care about the Alaska stuff [this state is a young mans game]so why put up with winter? I got to thinking about this when I was in Flagstaff AZ. recently. Short mild winters, warm but not hot summers,lots of open space. Perfect for a elderly Gentleman as I will be.Ahh excuse my babble,maybe just dreaming of a life w/o winter[20 years Buffalo, 15 Alaska] :D

We will likely end up retired in East Tennessee where my wife is from. Four seasons - winter is mild and short. Summer not too brutal. Spring and Fall are glorious.

as a 30 year old, looking at today's economy and where it looks to be going, it's tough to imagine ever retiring.

that being said, i definitely plan on moving out of Atlanta in the next few years. probably to the west coast (i've always loved Santa Cruz).

from there, who knows. the dream has always been Italy/Switzerland. but that's a pretty big dream. gotta aim high though, i suppose.

as a 30 year old, looking at today's economy and where it looks to be going, it's tough to imagine ever retiring.

that being said, i definitely plan on moving out of Atlanta in the next few years. probably to the west coast (i've always loved Santa Cruz).

from there, who knows. the dream has always been Italy/Switzerland. but that's a pretty big dream. gotta aim high though, i suppose.

As a 30 year old and where the economy is going (who really knows) you're in a perfect position to have a good nest egg in 35 years. This is exactly what you want at your age.

As a 30 year old and where the economy is going (who really knows) you're in a perfect position to have a good nest egg in 35 years. This is exactly what you want at your age.

please to be giving me free advice?!? 0:)

i promise to pay you back once im rich.

I'm probably going to be able to retire early, sometime between the age of 55 and 60. I won't retire here in SF but we'll spend the next five plus years figuring out where. Would love to retire in the wine country, like Sonoma, depends on what the nest egg looks like then.

Good Luck! I got Salmonella from my "nest egg." <_<

Opposite, here in Va will likely move to So. Fla..........thats what my wife tells me haha

but I hope I'm not here forever before then either.......

Make sure you buy a home with Hurricane shutters.