Chase Daniel

Stl Bills

Let me start out by saying that most everybody on here knows I'm pretty much the biggest Missouri homer of all time. So much so that it usually clouds any rational thought as to why a former Tiger might not be Canton bound. That being said, Chase Daniel looked freaking awesome the other night against the Texans throwing 3TD passes. I'd link the highlights but NFL.com is blocked on my work computer. Anyway, NO has Patrick Ramsey and even though I don't think they wouldn't be to keen on the idea of giving up Daniel (who looks like the obvious back up to Brees right now), I would love to see us offer a 3rd-4th rounder for him. I think he's got more upside than anyone we currently have on the roster, just my 2 cents though.

Let me start out by saying that most everybody on here knows I'm pretty much the biggest Missouri homer of all time. So much so that it usually clouds any rational thought as to why a former Tiger might not be Canton bound. That being said, Chase Daniel looked freaking awesome the other night against the Texans throwing 3TD passes. I'd link the highlights but NFL.com is blocked on my work computer. Anyway, NO has Patrick Ramsey and even though I don't think they wouldn't be to keen on the idea of giving up Daniel (who looks like the obvious back up to Brees right now), I would love to see us offer a 3rd-4th rounder for him. I think he's got more upside than anyone we currently have on the roster, just my 2 cents though.

Let me start by saying OU kicked his ass up and down the field pretty much every time they met. No thanks.

I like the idea. New Orleans is looking to add a quality running back, I'd bet. Maybe offer a fourth and the back we would cut anyway? I'd like us to keep Lynch, Jackson, Spiller, and Bell - but, I don't think we'll keep four active RB's. If we were to put Bell on the P.S. then I think a team will scoop him up - so, in that scenario I'd much rather see us offer up something we will probably lose to get more potential talent in an area we could use it at. Also, I think Gailey likes the Saints offense and will have a similar style of play - which might make a QB groomed in that system appealing to us.

Here are his highlights from the game:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d819ecdf4/Daniel-s-18-yard-touchdown-pass

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d819ecd2e/Can-t-Miss-Chase-what-matters

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-orleans-saints/09000d5d819ecd34/Chase-Daniel-s-2nd-TD-pass

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-orleans-saints/09000d5d819ecd33/Can-t-Miss-Saint-Pierre

Anyway, yeah its a really small sample size but the guy does have one thing, a crap load of poise and moxy. He steps up in the pocket with every throw and just looks more confident in what he's doing more than any QB we have on the roster.

1) chris ivory is playing as well as our 4 and 5 backs. That trade seems unlikely.

2) he might get cut still. Playing well but they want a vet, and might have to use the roster spot to hold onto another bubble player (Arrington being the first to mind, perhaps even an injured daren sharper)

3) he has been a sponge. He has been at brees' hip since signing here. Learning from the best.

I'd rather have a depth chart of

Trent

Brohm

Daniel

Ps- brown

But I'm not holding my breath, or trading anything. I still have a feeling they keep him and put Canfield on the ps. Perhaps with the big surprise of booting Ramsey.

I like the idea. New Orleans is looking to add a quality running back, I'd bet. Maybe offer a fourth and the back we would cut anyway? I'd like us to keep Lynch, Jackson, Spiller, and Bell - but, I don't think we'll keep four active RB's. If we were to put Bell on the P.S. then I think a team will scoop him up - so, in that scenario I'd much rather see us offer up something we will probably lose to get more potential talent in an area we could use it at. Also, I think Gailey likes the Saints offense and will have a similar style of play - which might make a QB groomed in that system appealing to us.

You're not seriously suggesting we offer a 4th round draft pick AND an NFL-caliber RB for an undrafted rookie QB...right?

Was he an UDFA?

If so, why wouldn't they have gone after him when he was available after the draft? The Bills aren't going to offer up a 3rd or 4th for an unproven rookie FA who went undrafted.

For a rookie he has a rather impressive superbowl ring.

Was on the saints last year.

You're not seriously suggesting we offer a 4th round draft pick AND an NFL-caliber RB for an undrafted rookie QB...right?

Yea, for all your disbelief, I think the silly part is thinking bell is any better then chris ivory, the current 4 on the saints roster. They in fact also have 4 NFL backs in Thomas, bush, betts, and ivory. Also, Chase Daniel isn't a rookie.

What hasn't been mentioned yet is how some teams have great offensive schemes which are also quarterback friendly.

Matt Cassell had nice success after Tom Brady went down.

Jim Sorgi always looked good in relief of Peyton Manning.

Byron Leftwich has played his best football (in small doses) since joining the Steelers. Dennis Dixon has played well when given the opportunity.

Rex Grossman has looked excellent in two games under Mike Shanahan.

There are lots more examples of this.

It's quite possible that Chase Daniel is benefitting greatly from being in a superb offensive system designed by Sean Payton and being mentored by Drew Brees. Chase Daniel is in a great situation.

If he were to move to another situation, you couldn't assume he would continue to look as good.

You certainly wouldn't want to trade for him based on half of the preseason.

He has no upside unless he gets to play against other NFL scrubs. 5-9 and isn't fast works in college (see KU Todd Reising) not in the NFL. Not a chance- we forget on a typical day in college football there are one maybe- maybe two players on the field who might maybe someday play in the NFL. On Sunday there are 11 guys on defense at a time all playing IN the NFL

The St Louis Lambs signed Donario Alexander today. Bad knees but an awesome player when healthy. Daniel and Alexander would have been interesting to see in Buffalo uniforms. I don't buy the logic that Daniel doesn't have the arm to play in Buffalo. He is a gunslinger.

What hasn't been mentioned yet is how some teams have great offensive schemes which are also quarterback friendly.

Matt Cassell had nice success after Tom Brady went down.

Jim Sorgi always looked good in relief of Peyton Manning.

Byron Leftwich has played his best football (in small doses) since joining the Steelers. Dennis Dixon has played well when given the opportunity.

Rex Grossman has looked excellent in two games under Mike Shanahan.

There are lots more examples of this.

It's quite possible that Chase Daniel is benefitting greatly from being in a superb offensive system designed by Sean Payton and being mentored by Drew Brees. Chase Daniel is in a great situation.

If he were to move to another situation, you couldn't assume he would continue to look as good.

You certainly wouldn't want to trade for him based on half of the preseason.

Agreed- hence he was 3 on my depth chart, but I like him over Fitzpatrick in building the team. I also agree a trade would be silly, but to keep an eye on Daniel and a handful of others could be good. Another example being the loser of the Carolina qb fight,