would the Bills possibly work a trade?

richNjoisy

Guest dog14787

If you listen to Gailey's Saturday Interview, to me it sounds like Fitz and Brohm aren't going anywhere, when asked If there was spots on the final roster for both Fitzpatrick and Brohm, his answer sounded very matter of fact, http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/#?id=63731278-dbd9-4a66-b55c-b0d4846a35ed

Gailey: Yes there is, you keep three and that's two, so yes there is,

Different ways to interpret this, but in my opinion Brown gets put on the practice squad, TE, Fitz and Brohm all make the active roster,

Myself personally, Levi Brown was a late round pick and nobody (other teams) are going to give Brown much consideration, plus Brown is not developed enough to even be a backup should our starter go down in my opinion.

Edited by dog14787

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of addressing a few ideas that have been tossed out --

1) throwing in Nelson is a silly idea. The reason olsen is out of favor is because marts wants his te to be a blocker not a receiver. Its not a personal issue, or money, its that he doesn't like that style of player.

2) jerramy Stevens fhe same one with the rape story...... And multiple dwi's.... And off field fights.... And work ethic issues..:. And limited production..... And..... I think you get how I feel.

Kind of addressing a few ideas that have been tossed out --

1) throwing in Nelson is a silly idea. The reason olsen is out of favor is because marts wants his te to be a blocker not a receiver. Its not a personal issue, or money, its that he doesn't like that style of player.

Yeah, on second thought the suggestion was rather stupid. ;)

What free agent veteran?

opposed to a Free agent Rookie. Which is an undrafted rookie. A Free Agent Veteran would be a player that has more than one year of experience. I'm no genuis but it seem like there is a diffrence to me.

opposed to a Free agent Rookie. Which is an undrafted rookie. A Free Agent Veteran would be a player that has more than one year of experience. I'm no genuis but it seem like there is a diffrence to me.

Pretty sure Weo was asking you to name names…as in "what veteran free agent should we bring in?"

I also feel it's almost 100% given that the top 3 make the 53 and brown is 100% safe for the practice squad. Better qbs then brown will likely be cut in the next few weeks. Not a long term knock on brown, but realistically he is a big project today.

Pretty sure Weo was asking you to name names…as in "what veteran free agent should we bring in?"

OK. Does it even matter. Anyone we look at will be on the wrong side of there career anyway or a no name low quality player.

I don't usually read , let alone start, a thread on trades but oh well.....

I realize the league knows the Bills will be releasing a QB before the start of the season but having your backup QB in place soon rather than later might induce a team to ante up (a bit).

I was think of the possibility of a trade with Tampa - Fitzpatrick for TE Jerramy Stevens

Tampa needs a backup and the Bills needs a veteran TE.

?????

Why would you think Tampa would trade for a quaterback. Unlike the Bills, Tampa is in the process of grooming 3 quaterbacks (Freeman the starter, Johnson & Carpenter the backups). They have no need for any of our quaterbacks. Not to mention, if anything Buffalo should trade for one of their quaterbacks.

Wasn't Stevens the guy that raped a girl in Washington during college and got away with it? But I don't see that trade as being a possibility, IMO.

Ray Lewis is a hell of a football player...so is Jamal Lewis.

Both have Super Bowl rings I believe...Both were accused of killing someone I believe.

I don't care what kind of person you are...If you are a football player who will help my team win, I dont care about your police record.

Edited by Wilson from Gamehendge

Both have Super Bowl rings I believe...Both were accused of killing someone I believe.

I don't care what kind of person you are...If you are a football player who will help my team win, I dont care about your police record.

Ray Lewis was accused of manslaughter, but the case didn't even go to trial. He didn't do it. Jamal Lewis was sentenced for dealing coke, which he definitely did do. So you are right on the rings, wrong on the murders. I also don't want someone that's actually killed people on my team, but that's personal preference.

New board, same jerks! Wish we had that "flip the bird" icon again! Please go back to your therapist.

Did you read the part where I said the Bills would have to give up a draft pick too, possibly a 2nd rounder? I suggested that Martz might be interested in Fitzpatrick, because Fitz came into the league, in Martz offense, with the Rams.

Why would we give up a 2nd rounder for a TE, especially if we think Nelson is the TE of the future and we have a ton of holes to fill on our roster? That 2nd round pick could be spent better elsewhere IMO. I'd rather have Nelson and Stup battle it out and bring in a top LT or QB talent with the 2nd round pick.

Ray Lewis was accused of manslaughter, but the case didn't even go to trial. He didn't do it. Jamal Lewis was sentenced for dealing coke, which he definitely did do. So you are right on the rings, wrong on the murders. I also don't want someone that's actually killed people on my team, but that's personal preference.

Why would we give up a 2nd rounder for a TE, especially if we think Nelson is the TE of the future and we have a ton of holes to fill on our roster? That 2nd round pick could be spent better elsewhere IMO. I'd rather have Nelson and Stup battle it out and bring in a top LT or QB talent with the 2nd round pick.

A fair point, and I like Nelson. But Olson is significantly better. He is likely going to be wasted in the Bears offense, as long as Martz is there...which, admittedly, might only be a year. I guess you could ask yourself, would you use a #2 pick on a tight end. As the Bills have been trying to find a tight end for about 10 years, I don't think it would be an awful choice.

Yeah a POS can't hit the broad side of a barn about to be cut back-up QB for a former first round starting TE..... Please go back to your parents basement...

Is it always necessary to insult someone?

And your takes are not particularly strong either, so your "position" of superior knowledge is a fabrication in your own mind.

Why don't you consider reading and addressing the numerous talking points accumulated in a thread before "contributing" your overly-simplified and inaccurate take on the subject?

Ummm...you sir are a jackass. Please look up Jerramy Stevens on wikipedia. He's not even in the same league as Ray or Jamal Lewis. He's one of the biggest disgraces in the nfl and no I don't want to cheer for a team with guys like him on it. Maybe you should consider becoming a steelers fan.

Edited by disco

As to your first point, I agree. I don't want any POS on my team either.

Jerramy Stevens was not charged for reasons other than his "innocence." I would never want that person on my favorite sports team. Ever. I would never sell my soul for the opportunity to win a sports championship.

As for your second point, isn't it possible that this regime (some of whom were here and some who weren't when we drafted Nelson) don't view Nelson as our "tight end of the future?"

As to the whole discussion, IF Martz doesn't value a receiving tight end, then I don't see the Bears having an interest in Nelson, regardless of whether the Bills are inclined to offer him.

The Bears are in a must-win-this-year situation and have had several veteran QBs reject their offers. It is a GIVEN that they need a veteran quarterback.

There are numerous credible and written reports that the Bears have been turned down by Trent Green, Damon Huard, Todd Collins, and Josh McCown.

And people find it hard to believe that the Bears could hypothetically have an interest in Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Let me remind the naysayers (or people with the inability to read and/or comprehend an entire short thread) yet one more time:

Fitzy has had 22 starts over the last two years for teams that performed poorly.

Fitzy's record as a starter is 9-12-1 for a .429 winning percentage.

In the games that he didn't start for those teams, those teams' record was a combined 1-9 for a .111 winning percentage.

In other words, in 2007 and 2008, Fitzy (9-12-1) outperformed Carson Palmer (0-3), Trent Edwards (1-5), and Brian Brohm (0-1).

A fair point, and I like Nelson. But Olson is significantly better. He is likely going to be wasted in the Bears offense, as long as Martz is there...which, admittedly, might only be a year. I guess you could ask yourself, would you use a #2 pick on a tight end. As the Bills have been trying to find a tight end for about 10 years, I don't think it would be an awful choice.

Agreed, and I didn't mean to say it was an awful idea, it isn't, I just think we finally have some talent at TE (instead of the Tim Euhus/Derek Fine days) and a second round pick is too valuable to spend on a TE especially given our situation. We are considerably stronger at TE IMO than at QB, LT, OLB, and even NT and can't afford to give away draft picks while rebuilding.

I don't usually read , let alone start, a thread on trades but oh well.....

I realize the league knows the Bills will be releasing a QB before the start of the season but having your backup QB in place soon rather than later might induce a team to ante up (a bit).

I was think of the possibility of a trade with Tampa - Fitzpatrick for TE Jerramy Stevens

Tampa needs a backup and the Bills needs a veteran TE.

?????

We certainly might release one QB. Or we might not.

There's tremendous fear here every year on losing guys who we try to put on the practice squad. But seventh-round rookies ... there's not a lot of demand for them. We could almost certainly pick up Levi Brown again for the practice squad and keep our three present QBs. People on here don't want to hear that, but it's true.

Let me remind the naysayers (or people with the inability to read and/or comprehend an entire short thread) yet one more time:

Fitzy has had 22 starts over the last two years for teams that performed poorly.

Fitzy's record as a starter is 9-12-1 for a .429 winning percentage.

In the games that he didn't start for those teams, those teams' record was a combined 1-9 for a .111 winning percentage.

In other words, in 2007 and 2008, Fitzy (9-12-1) outperformed Carson Palmer (0-3), Trent Edwards (1-5), and Brian Brohm (0-1).

And let we neutrals remind you that QBs don't have win-loss records. Teams do.

Edited by Thurman#1

Well... I did say the Bills would have to add a draft pick, in addition to Fitzpatrick... I would trade Fitzpatrick and a 2nd rounder for Olson. Olson is excellent, and was #1 pick just three seasons ago. He wouldn't come cheap. The real value, for the Bears, would be the 2nd round pick. They would get Fitzpatrick, who would be the experienced vet backup QB, they covet...and Fitzpatrick was braught into the NFL by Mike Martz, as a Ram. I am not sure what their relationship is, but, I don't think it is as nuts as it sounds. Of course, Fitzpatricks salary might not be attractive to the Bears.

Anyways, I am sure this won't happen, but it is fun to speculate!

IMHO, the Bills wouldn't even trade a second for Olson, never mind Fitz too. And I like Olson a lot.

We have huge holes on this team, and TE isn't even in the top eight. We'll need that second-rounder next year, badly.

Edited by Thurman#1