Forget Brohm

JustMaxx

Everyone here is pulling for brohm a lot recently it seems after last night. You would of thought he threw 4tds and 300 yards last night by this board. In actuallity, he did a little more than nothing. 14/21 for what, 125 yards against second string? Fitz played better the first game. In fact, do we realize he didnt play AT ALL in the first preseason game? Because why? Because Trent/Fitz outplayed him to that point. Hes third on the depth chart.

What last night makes him second or first on the depth chart? Fitz and trent have thrown tds, he hasn't. In fact he hasn't thrown one his whole career.

He even got into camp before trent at fitz during rookie camp, and theyre still ahead of him.

Wake up and smell the coffee, his only chance is the #2. At best. Trent is a better quarterback.

But all in all, Go Bills

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone here is pulling for brohm a lot recently it seems after last night. You would of thought he threw 4tds and 300 yards last night by this board. In actuallity, he did a little more than nothing. 14/21 for what, 125 yards against second string? Fitz played better the first game. In fact, do we realize he didnt play AT ALL in the first preseason game? Because why? Because Trent/Fitz outplayed him to that point. Hes third on the depth chart.

What last night makes him second or first on the depth chart? Fitz and trent have thrown tds, he hasn't. In fact he hasn't thrown one his whole career.

He even got into camp before trent at fitz during rookie camp, and theyre still ahead of him.

Wake up and smell the coffee, his only chance is the #2. At best. Trent is a better quarterback.

But all in all, Go Bills

Yes, we do know why. Because the head coach said he was going to split the reps and give each qb the chance to play an extended period of time so he could get into the flow of the game.

Yes, we do know why. Because the head coach said he was going to split the reps and give each qb the chance to play an extended period of time so he could get into the flow of the game.

Split reps? Wheres Brohms split reps with the 1's last night?

Fitz just doesn't seem to be a happy camper this year , his performance has been about the same as BB .Problem is, Fitz has had a lot of starts and game time, what you see is it.BB on the other hand has possible upside.

Fitz just doesn't seem to be a happy camper this year , his performance has been about the same as BB .Problem is, Fitz has had a lot of starts and game time, what you see is it.BB on the other hand has possible upside.

That quite frankly is most likely the big advantage for Brohm. He "belongs" to the new management and Fitz has been here a while. He is almost certainly seen as having a better upside than Fitz. I agree that he has not played all that much better than Fitz, and maybe not quite as good as Fitz, but I have a feeling that the powers that be see him as the better investment as of right now. Stay tuned though...anything can happen with game 3. Interesting preseason.

Because you got two rookies with much time on their hands before they return to high school in the fall.

Sorry sir, I will never do it again. Please excuse my ignorance for replying to a thread. I have to go buy school supplies now.

But all in all, Go Bills

I think it was Steve Tasker last night that said the current QB competition is for #2 between Fitz & Brohm..and that the loser of that competition would more than likely get cut

That quite frankly is most likely the big advantage for Brohm. He "belongs" to the new management and Fitz has been here a while. He is almost certainly seen as having a better upside than Fitz. I agree that he has not played all that much better than Fitz, and maybe not quite as good as Fitz, but I have a feeling that the powers that be see him as the better investment as of right now. Stay tuned though...anything can happen with game 3. Interesting preseason.

What are you talking about? Fitzpatrick was signed before LAST season. Brohm was signed in the middle of LAST season. How does a February signing vs a November signing translate into Brohm being Nix's & Gailey's guy & Fitzpatrick not when John Guy & Russ Brandon were responsible for both signings? What is upside other than one guy hasn't played enough to show how potentially bad he can be? If you follow the real upside, Fitzpatrick has more based on the actions of GMs around the league. Fitzpatrick was a 1st week free agent signee, Brohm cleared waivers with a yawn last September. Fitzpatrick was the main QB in 5 of the 6 wins last year. How much more upside can a guy get who could win 5 games with that O line? Fitz had the same bad team that people made excuses for Brohm's 3 point generation in Atlanta.

What about Brohm's downside? With Fitzpatrick, there's a limit, with Brohm it's infinite.

Your post is a prime example of how Brohm fans twist all sorts of facts to fit their boy. He now "belongs" to the guys who had nothing to do more with his acquisition than Fitzpatrick's acquisition. But it fits your case, so you just make it up in support of your boy.

Why forget him.. he is the only one with any upside at QB. Edwards and Fitz have had years of opportunities and haven't proven anything at all. I'm still shocked Edwards is #1 on the depth chart. Save 1 pass to a wide open WR (By 10 yards mind you) and he played another game like we are all used to seeing. He has no pocket presence, looks jittery as hell, can never make a play down the field under any type of duress, always floats the ball, can't throw an out with zip.

Might as well see what Brohm could do with more reps and with the first team offense. What do we have to lose?

Why forget him.. he is the only one with any upside at QB. Edwards and Fitz have had years of opportunities and haven't proven anything at all. I'm still shocked Edwards is #1 on the depth chart. Save 1 pass to a wide open WR (By 10 yards mind you) and he played another game like we are all used to seeing. He has no pocket presence, looks jittery as hell, can never make a play down the field under any type of duress, always floats the ball, can't throw an out with zip.

Might as well see what Brohm could do with more reps and with the first team offense. What do we have to lose?

Truth

Didn't Jauron bring Brohm in?

Either way, yes, it's an interesting pre-season. I'd be surprised if Fitz makes it much further, though.

He's been in the league one less year than Edwards and until the Bills signed him under Jauron he never made it off the practice squad getting beat out by an injured 7th round pick both seasons.