Forget Brohm

JustMaxx

That's true. So if Trent has outperformed Brohm every step of the way, how really bad is Brohm?

In his 4th season Trent in preseason and regular season has 27 TD's and 29 Int's. In his third season Brohm has 0 TD's and 6 INT's.

You decide. A guy in 3 seasons who has never ever thrown a single TD in any game ever or one that has 27

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true. So if Trent has outperformed Brohm every step of the way, how really bad is Brohm?

The discussion was about brohm if i am not mistaken. there are about 100 other threads about how much people think trent sucks. But i suppose some people never want to miss an oppurtunity to bash a player on a team they "love."

In his 4th season Trent in preseason and regular season has 27 TD's and 29 Int's. In his third season Brohm has 0 TD's and 6 INT's.

You decide. A guy in 3 seasons who has never ever thrown a single TD in any game ever or one that has 27

After three regular seasons in the NFL, Trent has thrown for 24 TDs and 25 INTs.

After his first three seasons in the NFL, Tony Romo threw for ZERO TDs and ZERO yards, for that matter.

Therefore, using your crack (pipe) logic, Trent must be a FAR better QB than Romo.

This is extraordinarily stupid logic even for you. And that is saying quite a bit.

Brohm has had limited playing time and limited practice time, to boot. I'm thinking we let him play a little and see how he looks.

The discussion was about brohm if i am not mistaken. there are about 100 other threads about how much people think trent sucks. But i suppose some people never want to miss an oppurtunity to bash a player on a team they "love."

Read the 1st post, Einstein. Trent is mentioned by the OP.

Everyone here is pulling for brohm a lot recently it seems after last night. You would of thought he threw 4tds and 300 yards last night by this board. In actuallity, he did a little more than nothing. 14/21 for what, 125 yards against second string? Fitz played better the first game. In fact, do we realize he didnt play AT ALL in the first preseason game? Because why? Because Trent/Fitz outplayed him to that point. Hes third on the depth chart.

What last night makes him second or first on the depth chart? Fitz and trent have thrown tds, he hasn't. In fact he hasn't thrown one his whole career.

He even got into camp before trent at fitz during rookie camp, and theyre still ahead of him.

Wake up and smell the coffee, his only chance is the #2. At best. Trent is a better quarterback.

But all in all, Go Bills

Buffalo went 1/10 for 3rd down conversions in the first game. Game two Brohm had three 3rd down conversions on one drive. One of them was the 3rd and 15 fumble play, so if you don't want to count that one fine. The second 3rd down was overcoming a 1st and 20. The third 3rd down (3rd and 9) was an obvious pass situation where he hooked up with Jackson along the sideline for 26 or so.

None of those things did I see from Fitz in the first game. Brohm kept the O on the field and our D able to rest. I don't think his performance warrants giving him the starting position, but I would like to see him get some reps with the first unit.

After three regular seasons in the NFL, Trent has thrown for 24 TDs and 25 INTs.

After his first three seasons in the NFL, Tony Romo threw for ZERO TDs and ZERO yards, for that matter.

Therefore, using your crack (pipe) logic, Trent must be a FAR better QB than Romo.

This is extraordinarily stupid logic even for you. And that is saying quite a bit.

Brohm has had limited playing time and limited practice time, to boot. I'm thinking we let him play a little and see how he looks.

For what its worth

in his first 3 years in preseason tony romo went 56 for 75 for 687 yards and 3 TD's.... at least he showed he could score with his limited playing time. oh and he ran for a TD. at least he could show he had game. Brohm hasn't even done that.

For what its worth

Honestly, it isn't worth much. That and a dollar can get you a cup of coffee in some towns.

His regular season numbers pale compared to Trent.

For what its worth

in his first 3 years in preseason tony romo went 56 for 75 for 687 yards and 3 TD's.... at least he showed he could score with his limited playing time. oh and he ran for a TD. at least he could show he had game. Brohm hasn't even done that.

Brohm did not have Evans or any other starting widout if my memory is correct. Jackson and roosevelt something? And a Rhea? WTF am i missing.

Brohm did not have Evans or any other starting widout if my memory is correct. Jackson and roosevelt something? And a Rhea? WTF am i missing.

He was throwing to Rhea, a guy they picked up about four days ago, who clearly didn't know the plays.

To think a 3rd string QB stats in preseason are relevant a year later seems quite odd to me.

Who here watched BOTH games and can write an objective, knowledgeable piece on the QBing of Fitz last week and Brohm this week. Maybe Lori could give us her thoughts :devil:

It's like this:

You watch Fitzpatrick and it won't be pretty and the team scores, but you don't know exactly how it happened.

You watch Brohm and he looks really good, but then the offense doesn't produce and you don't know why.

It's like this:

You watch Fitzpatrick and it won't be pretty and the team scores, but you don't know exactly how it happened.

You watch Brohm and he looks really good, but then the offense doesn't produce and you don't know why.

Playing with a lead along side 2nd, 3rd and "wont be on the team" string WRs, RBs, OL, TE, etc.

Playing with a lead along side 2nd, 3rd and "wont be on the team" string WRs, RBs, OL, TE, etc.

I am not knocking Brohm. I was impressed with his performance. I just was surprised that they did not score a TD with him in there. He was moving the offense well otherwise. But, to be fair, Brohm had some opportunities where he didn't convert. The failed screen to Simpson might have produced something, for example. That's not to say that these mistakes were unusual for a pro QB or anything.

My main point about Fitzpatrick is that he always looks so awful out there but then all of a sudden the team starts scoring and you're like, huh, how did that happen? This is not just this preseason but last preseason and many regular season games last season.

I favor Brohm over Fitzpatrick, but I wonder why Fitzpatrick can make things happen.

so apparently throwing to jackson and having bell in the backfield isn't good enought for brohm... funny i remember it being fine for fitz.

So, you think it has noting to do with Brohm playing with a lead and Fitz playing at a time they were desperate to score? And I don't recall Fitz having a lot of time with a WR who totally missed camp.

I am not knocking Brohm. I was impressed with his performance. I just was surprised that they did not score a TD with him in there. He was moving the offense well otherwise. But, to be fair, Brohm had some opportunities where he didn't convert. The failed screen to Simpson might have produced something, for example. That's not to say that these mistakes were unusual for a pro QB or anything.

My main point about Fitzpatrick is that he always looks so awful out there but then all of a sudden the team starts scoring and you're like, huh, how did that happen? This is not just this preseason but last preseason and many regular season games last season.

I favor Brohm over Fitzpatrick, but I wonder why Fitzpatrick can make things happen.

If it occurs over time, in similar conditions I too would worry. Based on these two games, that doesn't concern me too much...at least at this time.

So, you think it has noting to do with Brohm playing with a lead and Fitz playing at a time they were desperate to score? And I don't recall Fitz having a lot of time with a WR who totally missed camp.

I think the played with a lead thing is a fairer point. They certainly were conservative with Brohm in there last night.

If it occurs over time, in similar conditions I too would worry. Based on these two games, that doesn't concern me too much...at least at this time.

Yes, between Fitzpatrick and Brohm. But Fitzpatrick was like this last preseason and for much of the regular season as well. Trent would look better in a lot of ways, but then Fitzpatrick could actually put points on the board. Tim Graham was making the same comments about Fitzpatrick's passing looking ugly in camp last year as well.

But he's improving. He didn't throw 1 int last night. Still doesn't know what a TD pass looks like while he's on the field, but no ints is an improvement. :devil:

what do you think of fitz and the 6 INT's he threw in a game, does that show you any downside?

Its really not that surprising. Fitz simply has far more regular season experience than Brohm has. Fitz is entering his 6th NFL season and has over 700 regular season pass attempts on his resume. Brohm is entering his 3rd year and has only thrown 29 passes to this point.

I would expect Fitz to be ahead of Brohm and be more capable of turning nothing into something.