Surprise cuts this year?

Skoobydum

They won't cut an investment like Maybin after only one full season, give me a break. And I doubt they'll cut Hardy with so many WRs injured. Jackson is a lock to stay. It will boil down to who they think is better, Nelson or Hardy? But, saying Maybin will be gone is crazy talk.

Ellison won't go either, he is a solid tackler on a flimsy linebacking unit. Once they add more talent suitable for the 3-4, he could be gone. But not just yet.

I see Corner, Kelsay (if Ellis keeps his play up), Fitz and McIntyre going (I would not be surprised if Bell takes McIntyre's roster spot).

I mean, how many experienced players can Gailey really cut? We don't have any depth and you can't depend on rookies.

With how bad our ST have been I'd b shocked if Ellison gets cut. He's one of the few people out there that look like they know what they're doing.

Surprise cuts:

Hardy

Fitz

Kelsey

Schouman

Kelsey has been the Rasputin of the Bills. Nothing kills that guy, nothing. :thumbsup:

As noted, they may keep Maybin but he ain't gonna see much time other than trying to block FG's. He's that guy that is always a couple seconds late to the play and you see running past the tackle/pile - must be nice to make millions to run around 4th quarters of preseason games.

With how bad our ST have been I'd b shocked if Ellison gets cut. He's one of the few people out there that look like they know what they're doing.

Surprise cuts:

Hardy

Fitz

Kelsey

Schouman

I agree with Fitz and Kelsey. Other than these two, I would not be shocked to see Corner cut as he is not playing well.

Surprise cuts:

Hardy

Fitz

Kelsey

Schouman

C.J. Spiller :thumbsup:

but seriously I don't think any of these would be a surpirse. Especially Schouman since he got hurt again last night...Hardy is expendable because of David Nelson's play...Kelsay does NOT fit our scheme...and Reggie Corner will not beat out Youboty for Nickel corner

My surprise would be Kawika Mitchell

They won't cut an investment like Maybin after only one full season, give me a break. And I doubt they'll cut Hardy with so many WRs injured. Jackson is a lock to stay. It will boil down to who they think is better, Nelson or Hardy? But, saying Maybin will be gone is crazy talk.

Ellison won't go either, he is a solid tackler on a flimsy linebacking unit. Once they add more talent suitable for the 3-4, he could be gone. But not just yet.

I see Corner, Kelsay (if Ellis keeps his play up), Fitz and McIntyre going (I would not be surprised if Bell takes McIntyre's roster spot).

I mean, how many experienced players can Gailey really cut? We don't have any depth and you can't depend on rookies.

New regime has no investment in the last regimes players. If a guy sucks, where he was picked and how much he got paid shouldn't matter. He still sucks.

PTR

New regime has no investment in the last regimes players. If a guy sucks, where he was picked and how much he got paid shouldn't matter. He still sucks.

PTR

That's just false.

First, the "new regime" is still the "old" regime: Ralph Wilson. He's still at the top of the food chain calling the shots. Don't think otherwise.

Second, the "new regime" is absolutely invested in the last regime's players -- at the very least the high draft picks because of the cap ramifications. For a small market, cost conscious team like Buffalo that's doubly true.

It's the economics of small market teams.

EDIT: I should say that I won't shed a tear if Maybin is cut, he was the wrong pick and is awful. But it won't happen. This year at least.

That's just false.

First, the "new regime" is still the "old" regime: Ralph Wilson. He's still at the top of the food chain calling the shots. Don't think otherwise.

Second, the "new regime" is absolutely invested in the last regime's players -- at the very least the high draft picks because of the cap ramifications. For a small market, cost conscious team like Buffalo that's doubly true.

Maybin is also the second youngest player on the team, as only Torell Troup is younger. He's 22. This should be his rookie year. There is no way Maybin is getting cut.

Surprise cuts:

Hardy

Fitz

Kelsey

Schouman

Hardy - yes

Fitz - yes

Kelsey - no

Schouman - no, Nelson is out on suspension

Add in McCargo and Ellison are goners.

Lankster and Corner continue to do everything they possibly can to get cut. One of them will be.

That's just false.

EDIT: I should say that I won't shed a tear if Maybin is cut, he was the wrong pick and is awful. But it won't happen. This year at least.

What cap ramifications?

As noted, they may keep Maybin but he ain't gonna see much time other than trying to block FG's. He's that guy that is always a couple seconds late to the play and you see running past the tackle/pile - must be nice to make millions to run around 4th quarters of preseason games.

That's why he wont get cut. Every team needs a guy to be behind. It's like watching a road crew. One works, five watch!!!

Maybin will be the guy in the end, and the first to jump around like he did it...

Surprise cuts:

Hardy

Fitz

Kelsey

Schouman

:thumbsup: I agree with you on Ellison. Once again this board has chosen to jump all over a guy who plays his heart out. He is not going to be a starting LB for us but if you look back on his contributions to the D the last two seasons inspite of being undersized you can see that he has been a positive contributor.

He will be a ST player for us again this year.

As for surprise cuts ... not sure if these are surprises but I think they will happen

#1 - Hardy-even with the injuries at wide-out, his own injury will just increase the chances that he will be looking for a job.

#2 - Fitz - don't think this is a surprise after Brohm's performance last night

#3 -Lankster - going into the preseason I thought he was a lock but from all reports from training camp and from his performances in both games I think he's a goner and Youboty benefits (he was great last night)

#4 - McCargo - he just can't play the game

That's it ... Maybin is an embarrassment especially the way he acted last night. I sure hope that Gailey sat the boy down and told him to stop acting like a superstar stud when all he has done so far is show he can stomp his feet. I would not be surprised or disappointed if the Bills traded him for a future late round draft pick.

Edwards will be cut. He brings nothing more than the other QBs.

Funny thing is that Edwards either starts the season (barring injury) as the starter or possibly gets cut. Right now he is still entrenched as the #1 but if they went with Brohm in the end, then they would probably rather have Fitz backing him up and Brown as the 3rd string. If Edwards starts then Brohm could be #2 and Fitz gets cut.