Buffalo News Poll:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That only makes sense when you're in win now mode and you think a rookie can come in and fill a hole. When you're doing a 2-3 year rebuild, picking need over BPA is the definition of reaching, which lands you overpaid mediocrity across the board.

Is that unlike what we have now ? e.g.: Whitner, Poz, Lynch, McKelvin, McCargo, Evans, etc.

Actually, mediocre would be a step up from where were are now.

Whenever Trent plays I feel like the team has no hope. He is so bland and ineffective its ridiculous. Fitz is slightly more exciting but still feels like a talentless backup. I think people like Brohm because just maybe he might bring some excitement to the Bills' offense. We already know how hard it is to watch the Trent and Fitz led Bills. It's pretty awful.

I see the Bills winning anywhere from 0-4 games. Anything more than that would be a huge surprise.

While I appreciate the position by position breakdown (which didn't take into account an unusual quantity of injuries unlikely to be repeated, plus the fact that three of our offensive line starters had zero experience and now they do, plus the no-huddle fire your OC stuff)...

...if you really think that ZERO wins (happened once in the history of the NFL) is more likely than FIVE wins (which the Bills have done each of the last eight years), as indicated by your "0-4", then I think you are leading with your pessimism and not rationality, and that is a conclusion that should not be attached to a fairly reasonable attempt to break down this team. :thumbsup:

I know we have a lot of sad and scared football fans out there who are still not right after Scotty Norwood broke their hearts or the Titans lateraled, but right now I think the prevailing winds have us the opposite of Cubs fans. They are fans of a mediocre team who they regularly think will be good. We are fans of a mediocre team who we instead think will be doomed.

I'm going to try to enjoy our 7-9 record if that happens, and hope for a victory each week out and that we get rolling and do better than reasonable expectations.

Get Real man! I love the Bills. I want a super bowl win. I believe we're headed in the right direction. But this season stinks of the 2001 Bills. Remember when Greggo took over? I believe they went 3-13 that season. The reason is we didn't have the players on the team to compete. If the Bills continue to Build through the draft and if there is something such as free agency in the future, we'll be a great team, as long as they draft for need and not BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE! and Get REAL FREE AGENTS, you know impact players?

I understand this is nothing more than a rebuilding year, but to say we will be lucky to win a game is one of the crazier things i've read on this site. Don't be surprised when we go 6-10 or 7-9 with the foundation to set up and create a post season bound team next year.

Is that unlike what we have now ? e.g.: Whitner, Poz, Lynch, McKelvin, McCargo, Evans, etc.

Actually, mediocre would be a step up from where were are now.

I think that was his point, those are drafting/reaching for need, which was what he was arguing against when he said it results in overpaid mediocrity. Don't know that I'd include Evans or Lynch in that, though.

Get Real man! I love the Bills. I want a super bowl win. I believe we're headed in the right direction. But this season stinks of the 2001 Bills. Remember when Greggo took over? I believe they went 3-13 that season. The reason is we didn't have the players on the team to compete. If the Bills continue to Build through the draft and if there is something such as free agency in the future, we'll be a great team, as long as they draft for need and not BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE! and Get REAL FREE AGENTS, you know impact players?

Drafting for need in the first few rounds when there is a huge disparity between the talent level of your need and the talent level of the BPA results in a team devoid of playmakers. Have you enjoyed watching that team for the last ten years? The tone of your post would suggest you haven't.

I think that was his point, those are drafting/reaching for need, which was what he was arguing against when he said it results in overpaid mediocrity. Don't know that I'd include Evans or Lynch in that, though.

he was saying that drafting for need would make the Bills end up with overpaid mediocre players and I was simply point out that drafting the best player avaialble (as they supposedly do) has gotten them overpaid mediocre players.

Brohm seems to WANT the job more than the other two, which says a lot to me...

We will see tonight how badly he wants it and how well he can play under the pressure of 'this is your opportunity!'

I think all of us are wanting a quarterback who can manage the game and throw passes downfield more than 5-10 yards. It might be Trent but last week was truly disappointing ... I did love what I saw in Levi's game as he mopped things up (take note Howard Simon ... things to happen late in preseason games). It would be really interesting to see what he could do over a quarter or more of play.

The bottom line ... for Bills fans ... somebody please be the answer at QB!! And, no more injuries this year!

and when you start drafting the Donte Whitners and John McCargos of the world, and bring in a crypt-keeper head coach like Jauron... well, you'll be sitting right alongside them.

:worthy: :worthy: :rolleyes:

Outstanding. :worthy:

only let Marv sit next to them in Chicago or wherever he is now, keep him far, far away from Orchard Park please.

And remember hope and change got us our current president and his promise to be out of gitmo in 90 days, out of iraw in a year, unemployment will stay below 8%.

Sometimes the people don't know what's right. Usually they are wrong.

Don't even go there man.....

LET'S GO BRO-OHM! LET'S GO BRO-OHM!

I honestly hope Brohm wins the starting job and plays well and the Bills start winning! :worthy: Because Trenty doesn't look so good atm.

The reality will be is that Edwards will start, Brohm will replace him at some point for a few games and you all will realize what I already know... NO QB is going to play well behind the worst O line in the NFL :worthy:

he was saying that drafting for need would make the Bills end up with overpaid mediocre players and I was simply point out that drafting the best player avaialble (as they supposedly do) has gotten them overpaid mediocre players.

Thus the disconnect. I would argue that they have drafted for need in early rounds more often than not, with this year being the most notable exception. I would also argue that based on the post you were responding to, Rob's House was insinuating that the Bills have a history of drafting for need over talent as well.

And yet in Green Bay for 2 years brohm couldn't get off the practice squad. So I find it doubtful that Green Bay with their success at QB's would hav him so low unless there were issues.

Except for handful of snaps at the end of his 3rd season, Tony Romo didn't see the field until his 4th season.

I honestly hope Brohm wins the starting job and plays well and the Bills start winning! :worthy: Because Trenty doesn't look so good atm.

The reality will be is that Edwards will start, Brohm will replace him at some point for a few games and you all will realize what I already know... NO QB is going to play well behind the worst O line in the NFL :worthy:

over and over and over. can someone say something new.