Buffalo News Poll:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you want to win the starting QB job?

Brian Brohm

60%

Trent Edwards

33%

Ryan Fitzpatrick

6%

508 votes

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...ard+(BillBoard)

(via PFT)

Only way Edwards rises from the ashes of his career in Buffalo is to start stringing together wins. Fitzpatrick is a career backup so Brohm represents the only "fresh" choice.

And I believe Marv used to say, "When you start listening to the fans, you'll be sitting with them."

That's true but occasionally the fans are right.

I'm not saying Brohm is the answer because I honestly don't know.

I do know that two great coaches, John Fox and Jeff Fisher were obstinate in their support of incumbent QBs last year (Delhomme and Collins) and that after extreme fan unhappiness in both cases the owners intervened and that the backup quarterbacks (Moore and Young) greatly outperformed the men that they replaced.

Coaches are not always right.

I'm one of the people that BuffaloBill breaks down as rooting for Brohm because I'm not crazy about the other two choices.

That's true but occasionally the fans are right.

I'm not saying Brohm is the answer because I honestly don't know.

I do know that two great coaches, John Fox and Jeff Fisher were obstinate in their support of incumbent QBs last year (Delhomme and Collins) and that after extreme fan unhappiness in both cases the owners intervened and that the backup quarterbacks (Moore and Young) greatly outperformed the men that they replaced.

Coaches are not always right.

I'm one of the people that BuffaloBill breaks down as rooting for Brohm because I'm not crazy about the other two choices.

And yet in Green Bay for 2 years brohm couldn't get off the practice squad. So I find it doubtful that Green Bay with their success at QB's would hav him so low unless there were issues.

Guest dog14787
Brohm seems to WANT the job more than the other two, which says a lot to me...

Fitz and TE may not agree with your assumption :wallbash:

Brohm or Brown are our only chance this year. TE is not a starter and it is a waste of time to go further with him, even though they probably will waste one more pre-season start on him. We MUST find out if Brohm or Brown are capable and worth it so that we know what to do next season. Let Brohm start our third pre-season game and if he looks bad let Brown start the last one and go from there. If none of them pan out, get Daunte Culpepper (or somebody!) from the CFL for a year and draft a QB next year.

And yet in Green Bay for 2 years brohm couldn't get off the practice squad. So I find it doubtful that Green Bay with their success at QB's would hav him so low unless there were issues.

Like I said, I don't think Brohm is the answer. I don't know.

But I'm pretty sure the other guys aren't the answer.

Mostly I hope that the answer to our QB questions is actually on the roster.

Brohm or Brown are our only chance this year. TE is not a starter and it is a waste of time to go further with him, even though they probably will waste one more pre-season start on him. We MUST find out if Brohm or Brown are capable and worth it so that we know what to do next season.

Oh brother.

Brohm I can understand, but Brown was a seventh round pick.

Let me repeat that:

Brown was a seventh round pick.

Let Brohm start our third pre-season game and if he looks bad let Brown start the last one and go from there. If none of them pan out, get Daunte Culpepper (or somebody!) from the CFL for a year and draft a QB next year.

Yeah, let's decide a player's ability and career based on a single preseason game.

<DING>

Hot pockets are done.

Who do you want to win the starting QB job?

Brian Brohm

60%

Trent Edwards

33%

Ryan Fitzpatrick

6%

508 votes

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...ard+(BillBoard)

(via PFT)

Levi isn't even in the Poll!!! I call shenanigans on it! Throw out the results! I demand a recount!

Obviously kidding but I am in the camp that a bird in hand is worth two in the bush. It is unfortunate for us that the bird in our hand sucks at football.

Prediction:

Trent starts and gets injured by Week 3 and is out for the year. Let's say...a concussion. Fitz is working at Goldman Sachs by that time so Brohm plays from Week 4 through Week 8 and goes 0-4 (Bye Week 6). Fans clambor for Levi to take over and Chan finally caves. We're already out of the playoff race by Week 9 so we plug in Levi and away we go...

I'll leave the record guessing to the rest of you guys since I can't get in on that "Dinner's On Me, Smartass!" contest yet :thumbsup:

Most popular guy in town on a bad football team is usually the back-up. Sorry Fitz.

It doesn't take a bad football team for the backup QB to be the most popular ... there were times during the glory years that people were calling for Reich to start ... even in the playoffs ... "Kelly's been hurt, Reich has lead us to 3 straight wins, we should keep starting him even though Kelly is healthy again ..."

Brohm seems to WANT the job more than the other two, which says a lot to me...

Regardless of who anyone wants to win the job, or who will win the job, are you close enough to the situation and with each of the 3 quarterbacks to know this? You can't relate the ability to play with wanting something. I wanna be a rock star more than anything, but I don't know how to play an instrument, that doesn't lessen the want?

Oh brother.

Brohm I can understand, but Brown was a seventh round pick.

Let me repeat that:

Brown was a seventh round pick.

What round was Tom Brady drafted? What round was Kurt Warner drafted? You cannot assume based on draft position who will be successful in the NFL. Is it likely that a 7th rounder will be a starter? Maybe not but you can NEVER rule it out.

Yeah, let's decide a player's ability and career based on a single preseason game.

<DING>

Hot pockets are done.