Will the Bills F.O. make a move for some WR help

I have a hard time believing the team will part with any picks at this stage of the rebuild. IMO, they'd rather choose their own young players than give up a pick for a proven veteran. Not saying I agree with the FO, but it's what I think they believe in.

Still the WR corps is thin and UDFA's aren't a realistic solution. At least not this season.

I have a hard time believing the team will part with any picks at this stage of the rebuild. IMO, they'd rather choose their own young players than give up a pick for a proven veteran. Not saying I agree with the FO, but it's what I think they believe in.

Still the WR corps is thin and UDFA's aren't a realistic solution. At least not this season.

I wasn't advocating purchasing an old vet. I would like to see them purchase a youngster off of somebody's roster, get him some camp time, instead of waiting for the bargain basement cuts.

D. Nelson, Easley, Huggins injured so far. Their wr corps was iffy going in.

I'd like to see them offer up a low round pick, get somebody in camp now to get the player needed practice with the quarterbacks.

Hardy also. Don't worry tho we have Lee Evans ( over paid ) Chad Jackson ( casper the ghost come game time ) Hardy ( runs routes like frankenstein and cant get open ) Roscoe ( too small to be anything but a gadget gimmicky type ) Jones ( who?? ) We are all set!!!!! Not to mention a horrible line who cant protect long enough to get our QB a decent chance of making a play!!!!

Guest dog14787
Hardy also. Don't worry tho we have Lee Evans ( over paid ) Chad Jackson ( casper the ghost come game time ) Hardy ( runs routes like frankenstein and cant get open ) Roscoe ( too small to be anything but a gadget gimmicky type ) Jones ( who?? ) We are all set!!!!! Not to mention a horrible line who cant protect long enough to get our QB a decent chance of making a play!!!!

Shawn Nelson is very capable of running good pass routes , decent speed, good size, is used to being double covered throughout college and still produced, I wonder If any consideration has been given to Nelson (Shawn that is) at the WR position to get him onto the playing field, especially in the red zone.

I remember Nelson's first TD in the NFL from TE and it was a beaut, gotta get this guy out there some how.

Shawn Nelson is very capable of running good pass routes , decent speed, good size, is used to being double covered throughout college and still produced, I wonder If any consideration has been given to Nelson (Shawn that is) at the WR position to get him onto the playing field, especially in the red zone.

I remember Nelson's first TD in the NFL from TE and it was a beaut, gotta get this guy out there some how.

Because of our depth at running back, the plan, as we all know, was to go with a lot of two back formations, sending one of the RBs into the pattern. That plan is at least temporarily poop canned with the injuries to Jackson and Lynch.

Now we have a slew of injuries at WR.

I would suspect we'll be seeing a lot of two tight end formations till the team gets back healthy.

His college curriculum vitae is one thing. As far as his 1st year NFL accomplishments, not much so far. But yes - I would certainly be giving him some wr duty in camp.

I'm a big believer in training players in alternative positions.

Guest dog14787
Shame on you for your cut 'n paste and gratuitous re-wording of my post in search of a cheap joke.

:lol:

I need to hone in on Deans technique,

Senator didn't take to kindly to my putting choice words in his mouth/post earlier this morning, although I probably went to far when I (he) Senator agreed with dog about Trent Edwards and seen a little of Brett Favre, Joe Montana, and Kurt Warner in TE,

Oh, and he was real sad because he couldn't be head of the Dakota fanning Club, (hey, I was making the most of it)

Only so much a man can tolerate I suppose...I never realized how much fun it could be...

Leonidas on the other hand when in agreement with dog about TE was a good sport and took it rather well...

I need to hone in on Deans technique,

Senator didn't take to kindly to my putting choice words in his mouth/post earlier this morning, although I probably went to far when I (he) said he agreed with dog about Trent Edwards and seen a little of Brett Favre, Joe Montana, and Kurt Warner in TE,

Only so much a man can tolerate I suppose...I never realized how much fun it could be...

Dean and I have been shoving knitting needles into each others' ass cheeks for several years. :lol:

If Nelson cant beat out an undrafted player, with the reason pressumably being that he cannot block, why not convert him to WR? He has the speed of a WR (faster 40 time than Hardy), great size (think Calvin Johnson, and very similiar to our Injured nelson), is athletic enough, and we need lots of help at the position. Marcus Colston was a college TE who was a stud WR as a rookie - maybe get him some snaps outside? Then we could resign Klopfenstien!

Just thinking outloud.

I'd like to see them offer up a low round pick, get somebody in camp now to get the player needed practice with the quarterbacks.

Please. Two undrafteds and a 4th round rookie get hurt and we're in trouble at the position? Evans is established, Johnson is young, hungry, and talented (and appears to be establishing himself as the #2), Roscoe can certainly play the slot. Are you telling me that between Hardy and the rest of the crackerjacks we have at the position we can't fill out the roster at WR? Let Evans, Johnson, and Roscoe get the majority of the PT and let Hardy compete. We've got far more holes to fill than WR2, not even counting QB and LT. Have you looked at our defense? Or our pass rush specifically??

Probably not going to happen, this new regime seems reluctant to add people to improve the team.

I wasn't advocating purchasing an old vet. I would like to see them purchase a youngster off of somebody's roster, get him some camp time, instead of waiting for the bargain basement cuts.

I can understand that as well. Just don't think the front office is keen on giving up picks no matter how late.

Because of our depth at running back, the plan, as we all know, was to go with a lot of two back formations, sending one of the RBs into the pattern. That plan is at least temporarily poop canned with the injuries to Jackson and Lynch.

Now we have a slew of injuries at WR.

I would suspect we'll be seeing a lot of two tight end formations till the team gets back healthy.

Both Nelson and Lynch are likely to return to the team by the end of Preseason.

Gosh, what a refreshingly original point of view.