anyone see tebow tonight?

his motion looked the same to me

One or two nice passes (at least one dropped) two or three horrible passes (should have been intercepted). Sacked and nearly fumbled twice. His motion on one or two of those throws was not pretty. REAL BIG windup.

Guest dog14787
One or two nice passes (at least one dropped) two or three horrible passes (should have been intercepted). Sacked and nearly fumbled twice. His motion on one or two of those throws was not pretty. REAL BIG windup.

Wow, and to think that could have been our new experiment gone wrong at the QB position, ( not that I'm calling him a bust already)

but....but....he has so much heart? shouldn't he be able to use the word of God to will the ball to his receivers?

Wow, and to think that could have been our new experiment gone wrong at the QB position, ( not that I'm calling him a bust already)

If we had taken Tebow, his backside protection would have been Green instead of Bell. Which would have been an improvement since there are less speed rushers from LDE. Not that i'm saying we should have taken Tebow. At this point i'm glad we didn't. McDaniels said that Orton is by far way ahead of Tebow and Quinn when it comes to running their offense. Having Orton on our team would have been nice. I'm a Purdue fan so i'm a bit biased. Seeing other teams struggle puts things into perspective for us :lol:

If we had taken Tebow, his backside protection would have been Green instead of Bell. Which would have been an improvement since there are less speed rushers from LDE. Not that i'm saying we should have taken Tebow. At this point i'm glad we didn't. McDaniels said that Orton is by far way ahead of Tebow and Quinn when it comes to running their offense. Having Orton on our team would have been nice. I'm a Purdue fan so i'm a bit biased. Seeing other teams struggle puts things into perspective for us :lol:

Backside protection or frontside protection does not really matter as much as people thing. If you get chased from the pocket you are forced to throw on the move and most QBs have a hard time doing that. Much more effective to stay in the pocket, set up and throw.

Against Washington Edwards got good protection from the left and very bad from the right causing him to hurry and be inefffective. Seeing it coming might keep you alive for a few more plays but it still is disruptive.

Tebow's challenge is that he can practice his new motion as much as he likes but when the pressure is on his body wants to revert to what it's done for 15 years.

Undoing 15 years of muscle memory is a very daunting task.

Agreed.

To put it in Bills terms:

You can remove the boy from Los Gatos, but you can't remove the Los Gatos from the boy.

Tebow makes Trent look like Neo.

Backside protection or frontside protection does not really matter as much as people thing. If you get chased from the pocket you are forced to throw on the move and most QBs have a hard time doing that. Much more effective to stay in the pocket, set up and throw.

Against Washington Edwards got good protection from the left and very bad from the right causing him to hurry and be inefffective. Seeing it coming might keep you alive for a few more plays but it still is disruptive.

You may be right. But if you are, then that means that LTs aren't as important as people think. I was simply saying that a left handed qb would see the rush coming from the left side and would more readily be prepared to take action to counter act it. Nothing more nothing less.

For his first game playing with 3rd and 4th string, I was pretty impressed. Looked real good on a couple plays, real bad on a couple plays, and ran a couple guys over for a TD at the end. Anyone dissing him for that performance is an idiot.

For his first game playing with 3rd and 4th string, I was pretty impressed. Looked real good on a couple plays, real bad on a couple plays, and ran a couple guys over for a TD at the end. Anyone dissing him for that performance is an idiot.

I don't see much dissing in this thread, at least so far. It was pointed out that his release looks to be much the same as it was in college. I'd agree with that.

Can't really judge a guy by his first preseason game (although many on this board don't seem to understand that).

I don't see much dissing in this thread, at least so far. It was pointed out that his release looks to be much the same as it was in college. I'd agree with that.

Can't really judge a guy by his first preseason game (although many on this board don't seem to understand that).

Doomed!!! Oh wait, this isn't relevant to the Bills.

One of his first throws was beautiful, down the sideline...and the receiver dropped it. After that he didn't show much, other than the fact he's a huge dude who can run over LBs. The passes were not so great, though.

I wasn't trying to knock on Tebow. I realize that it takes more than one game to evaluate a player. In fact I thought that if Buffalo had drafted him, Chan would be the right guy to maximize Tebow's talents. I just like the guys we drafted better overall than if we had gone for Tebow :lol: