Do you need to risk Spiller in preseason?

zow2

I mean look...could Spiller use some live game action to get ready for his first NFL season? sure.,,but at what risk? We saw the USC rookie RB go down last night for Tennessee with a horrible dislocated ankle and Houston lost Ben Tate with a broken ankle. Both guys, DONE. That on top of Fred and Lynch also getting dinged up.

We know Spiller has god given talent that very few have. He's gonna be good whether he plays in preseason or just practices. He's hugely important to the Bills offense this year. I hope they let the other RB's on the roster carry the load in preseason. Unleash CJ in week #1....keep him healthy above all else....at least for the first game!

Spiller has to get adjusted to the pro game. This can only be done by playing so I would clearly have him play in the preseason. He needs to learn to hit the holes quicker as well as running the routes in the receiving game. The Bills need to see how he reacts to getting hit. Will he be a fumbler? Once he establishes himself as a first string pro player then he can enjoy the frills of being the starter but until then he needs to take some snaps.

In today's NFL 4 preseason games are unnecessary. 2 would suffice.

I'm probably in the minority, but I would like to keep things the way they are, 4 & 16. I think it takes 4 games of evaluation to be fully prepared...especially for the Bills, & especially this year. Seems like every year we have some sort of upheaval to sort out. A shortened preseason can only be detrimental to the Bills. Now Indy on the other hand...they probably don't even need a preseason.

I mean look...could Spiller use some live game action to get ready for his first NFL season? sure.,,but at what risk? We saw the USC rookie RB go down last night for Tennessee with a horrible dislocated ankle and Houston lost Ben Tate with a broken ankle. Both guys, DONE. That on top of Fred and Lynch also getting dinged up.

We know Spiller has god given talent that very few have. He's gonna be good whether he plays in preseason or just practices. He's hugely important to the Bills offense this year. I hope they let the other RB's on the roster carry the load in preseason. Unleash CJ in week #1....keep him healthy above all else....at least for the first game!

Does it matter? Really, let's just put him on injured reserve, throw him in storage. This season is bound to be another joke anyway.