Aaron Maybin is a knuckel head

Cuze

That was a highly subjective "blow to the head" hit. The instant replay sucked..imagine that. But, if he hit McNabb on the head it was with his pinikie. It wasn't a late it.

What get me about Maybin is that he's one of the few guys actually trying to make a play; showing emotion; actually caring about winning; yet so many people are so ready to bash him. While, on the other hand, Trent who looks like he could care less about winning; walks around like he can't wait to get home and watch some TV; is given all the slack in the world.

That was a highly subjective "blow to the head" hit. The instant replay sucked..imagine that. But, if he hit McNabb on the head it was with his pinikie. It wasn't a late it.

What get me about Maybin is that he's one of the few guys actually trying to make a play; showing emotion; actually caring about winning; yet so many people are so ready to bash him. While, on the other hand, Trent who looks like he could care less about winning; walks around like he can't wait to get home and watch some TV; is given all the slack in the world.

I can't stand Maybin and I really like Trent, but I HAVE TO agree with your post.......you make valid points.

Defensive players have to know you can't even look at the QB's head or you will draw the flag. The league has been very strict about this for a couple of years now (Unless your name is Trent Edwards). Maybin needs to play with more control. I liked his speed and passion, but he needs get himself disciplined.

Sooooooooo sick of the Maybin bashing. I have no idea if he will become a good player, but he played hard the whole game and at least made a few plays (yes I know, against the backups, but it's a start). Twitter may not be your thing, but if you follow him, you'll see a guy that loves to play, loves to work, and has a real passion for playing the game. I hope it starts to click with him and those counter moves like the nice spin last night start to become effective for him.

He is the type of guy who could cost us some games with his stupid late hit's and carelessnes all over the feild.

In a reg. season game, I don't think you'll have to worry about it... Unless he does something stupid from the bench, he won't cost us a game.

I can't stand Maybin and I really like Trent, but I HAVE TO agree with your post.......you make valid points.

Thank you. I really want to like Trent as well.

I just wish he'd show some fire out there and throw the ball sooner and with more decisiveness.

Thank you. I really want to like Trent as well.

I just wish he'd show some fire out there and throw the ball sooner and with more decisiveness.

it's amazing the trent bashing from last night. No one seems to even pay attention to the first drive. Had he come out then everyone would say he looked good. Sharp crisp throws, on target, playyers in stride. Instead all focus is on drive two. Defenders in his face on long ball to johnson, but overthrew him. Interception thrown in Evans direction while on the run trying to get the ball to the outside, whiles he was backing away. Evans was unaware of what was happening, because of his move to get free ( that's why he never came back) If the completion had been made accolades all over the place. Finally, spiller wouldn't have been there trying to make the block if jackson and lynch weren't injured. Just saying

I love the point that one poster made about how odd it is that there are a lot of people down on Maybin

even though he shows effort and yet there are many Edwards supporters even though he doesn't show

(outwardly) any passion at all.

I have posted my concerns and frustrations with Maybin, but I do try to be balanced and point out that I've

never read one thing that suggested that he isn't trying. He clearly has trained his body as he doesn't have

an ounce of fat and he has added muscle. He also seems to hustle most/all of the time. I think many

people's frustration is due to how high he was drafted and the return on investment so far. I think he'd be

pretty popular if he had been some lower round draft choice showing his athleticsm and would be considered

a "diamond in the rough" - which might still be true.

Sorry i'm not as perfect as you are.

No one's perfect, you just came out looking uneducated with your title and misinformed post. As mentioned above, it wasn't a late hit. Secondly, his hand grazed the facemask. IMHO, that should not be a penalty, but again as mentioned above the league is so overprotective of QB's it's sickening.

I want Maybin to do well, and it looks like he has made some progress from last year. Unfortunately, too many people, including yourself, are expecting him to become the second coming of Bruce Smith or a total bust. That is a just a little unfair.

I love the point that one poster made about how odd it is that there are a lot of people down on Maybin

even though he shows effort and yet there are many Edwards supporters even though he doesn't show

(outwardly) any passion at all.

I have posted my concerns and frustrations with Maybin, but I do try to be balanced and point out that I've

never read one thing that suggested that he isn't trying. He clearly has trained his body as he doesn't have

an ounce of fat and he has added muscle. He also seems to hustle most/all of the time. I think many

people's frustration is due to how high he was drafted and the return on investment so far. I think he'd be

pretty popular if he had been some lower round draft choice showing his athleticsm and would be considered

a "diamond in the rough" - which might still be true.

True it's not his fault he was drafted highly by this team. The fact that he held out his rookie camp and talks a big game are my issue's. I also thought he would have added some muscle and weight to his frame during the offseason, he is much smaller than some WR's in the league. Trent Williams threw him around like a rag doll. Yes he has speed, but if the tackle touches him with a finger he falls to the ground.

I totally agree with you about Maybin, Dan. I have rewatched that "roughing the passer" penalty on Maybin, over and over, and it was a BS call.

There is no way that Maybin could have stopped himself from tackling McNabb. He lunges for him right as McNabb is releasing the ball, and he did not clothesline him. It was a terrible call by the referee.

It was a late hit, not a blow to the head.