Four Shot Dead At Buffalo Restaurant

Steely Dan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more upscale/business/professional type

thats why this is even more shocking because this wasnt some shady type bar

And it won't be the last, we will see more of it. And rightly so, as we move towards an "Old West Mentality." Even in the Old West, they had "gun regulations." It was called: "Check your guns at the door."

So be it... At least life is gunna be interesting! :ph34r:

There is a big difference between a person being a possible suspect and naming that person in the press. You should be pretty damn sure you got the right guy before you go tell the world he is the suspect and in custody.

We're arguing over semantics here, but I think your terminology is a bit off here. His name was in the press because he was in fact arrested. Once that happened, it's not a matter of telling them who it was because it's going to get out there no matter what they do.

And it won't be the last, we will see more of it. And rightly so, as we move towards an "Old West Mentality." Even in the Old West, they had "gun regulations." It was called: "Check your guns at the door."

You are very safe in Illinois. Now hide under the bed and let the rest of us make up our own minds on self defense. We can't all have a Dalely looking after our best interests.

I have no problem what so ever with legal guns, in fact i think they are perfectly fine when used and controlled by law abiding citizens.

i do however HATE scumbag thugs running around with illegal guns trying to gain street cred and are likely to squeeze off a few rounds at the first person they feel has insulted or disrespected them. Many low life scumbags equate having illegal guns to being owed respect and they have no respect for laws or other people in the first place.

i GUARANTEE when this investigation is all said and done that this shooter had his weapon illegally

We're arguing over semantics here, but I think your terminology is a bit off here. His name was in the press because he was in fact arrested. Once that happened, it's not a matter of telling them who it was because it's going to get out there no matter what they do.

Perhaps. I think they should say he was arrested because he had an outstanding warrant and refuse comment on if he is a suspect in the murder until they feel he really IS.

How the hell do you counter the observation that the guns used in the shooting were likely already illegal with suggesting that means everyone at the party should have been armed...and THEN counter the observation that that's a stupid counter-argument with accusing me of being an NRA shill?

That's not even a question of gun control vs. gun ownership. You simply make no !@#$ing sense.

Easy there Tom, it was only a joke... it just seems whenever someone makes some argument that guns should be illeagal, somebody makes the coutner argument that "criminals will always have guns, legal or not"... you have never heard anyone make the argument that the reason they carry a gun is that everyone else has them? Every time there is a school shooting, or a workplace shooting, it seems somebody argues that teachers should carry guns, or whatever the situation is.

btw- I never accused you of being an "NRA shill" either. You are being a little dramatic here!

Perhaps. I think they should say he was arrested because he had an outstanding warrant and refuse comment on if he is a suspect in the murder until they feel he really IS.

Fair enough, but who isn't going to connect the dots on that one?

It's upscale. I can't believe this happened, and I am particularly shocked that it happened there. I used to work in the Main Seneca neighborhood and walk through there a couple of times a week now, and I don't even think of stopping at City Grill for lunch because it's too expensive. FYI - it's also known as a place where people who are having affairs go for clandestine dinners because it's kind of out of the way given the lack of on-site parking.

Are you sure you're thinking of the right place? There is parking on both sides of that place and across the street.

Google Map

The police had great reasons for arresting and charging that assmunch! Why people are criticizing them rather than lauding them is beyond me. They did the right thing both times. JMO

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article103354.ece

This article has info on how and why the suspect was arrested and charged.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article103354.ece

Officials cite factors in charging wrong man

Suspect held because of a witness ID, bloody shirt, people yelling his name and his lack of candor

By Gene Warner

News Staff Reporter

A highly credible witness to the City Grill shooting had picked Keith D. Johnson out of a six-man photo array.

Police searching Johnson's Minnesota Avenue home found a shirt that appeared to be blood-stained and had the same predominant color as the shooter's.

Detectives heard that just after the shooting early Saturday, people had run back into the City Grill yelling, "Keith, Keith, Keith."

And police say Johnson gave detectives at least five different stories about whether he was at the Main Street shooting scene and how he got there....

The police had great reasons for arresting and charging that assmunch! Why people are criticizing them rather than lauding them is beyond me. They did the right thing both times. JMO

Who here has criticized his arrest, or even his being charged preliminarily?

Sorry if I misinterpreted you. That he was arrested and charged with the shootings will come out quickly anyway. I believe you can find booking info online pretty easily. The parole violation wouldn't be enough to secure a search warrant, IMO, and so they had to accuse him of being involved in the crime in order to get one.

JMO

Like I asked earlier, they arrested this guy who was there during the shooting. What else do you expect the media to think with or without a statement of the purpose of the arrest? That immediately gets spun as a "police may have suspect in custody" report. They could have arrested the guy for jaywalking as he was running for his life and the media would still report it the same exact way.

Like I asked earlier, they arrested this guy who was there during the shooting. What else do you expect the media to think with or without a statement of the purpose of the arrest? That immediately gets spun as a "police may have suspect in custody" report. They could have arrested the guy for jaywalking as he was running for his life and the media would still report it the same exact way.

They most certainly would not. They might say "the suspect is believed to be..." but they would not say "according to police spokesperson Mike DeGeorge, the suspect is Mr..."

Looks like those of us who guessed gang-bangers were right. From today's buff news:

The story

Killed were Danyell Mackin, 30; Tiffany Wilhite, 32; Shawn-Tia McNeil, 27; and Willie McCaa III, 26. Wounded were Demario Vass, 30; James Robbs Jr., 27; Shamar Davis, 30; and Tillman Ward, 27. Vass remained hospitalized late Tuesday in critical condition.

At least three of the individuals who were shot had been shot or targeted before, and one of them had a brother who was violently tortured and murdered, police said.

Ward, who was shot in the elbow and is recovering, also was shot last Nov. 23 with his cousin Francois Mitchell, 25, when someone opened fire on them in a parking lot on Walden Avenue.

Ward's brother, Rome Ward, 21, was murdered in 2007. Police found his body -- bearing signs of torture and dismemberment -- about a month after he was kidnapped.

And in March of this year, another cousin of Ward's -- Dontae Coble, 16 -- was charged with murder. Homicide detectives accused Coble of fatally stabbing Daniel Smalls, 18, on Feb. 13 outside a house party on Genesee Street.

Wilhite, according to a 2007 police report, told police a man fired several shots at her late on Dec. 23, 2007, at Broadway and Mills Street but missed, striking a nearby vehicle.

McCaa, who was killed in Saturday morning's attack, survived a shooting on March 31, 2008, in which he was shot in the groin as he left a store at Bailey and Kermit avenues.

McCaa was facing some trouble with the law at the time of his death. According to Sedita, McCaa was scheduled to go to trial on a felony robbery charge this week in State Supreme Court.

Looks like those of us who guessed gang-bangers were right. From today's buff news:

The story

Killed were Danyell Mackin, 30; Tiffany Wilhite, 32; Shawn-Tia McNeil, 27; and Willie McCaa III, 26. Wounded were Demario Vass, 30; James Robbs Jr., 27; Shamar Davis, 30; and Tillman Ward, 27. Vass remained hospitalized late Tuesday in critical condition.

At least three of the individuals who were shot had been shot or targeted before, and one of them had a brother who was violently tortured and murdered, police said.

Ward, who was shot in the elbow and is recovering, also was shot last Nov. 23 with his cousin Francois Mitchell, 25, when someone opened fire on them in a parking lot on Walden Avenue.

Ward's brother, Rome Ward, 21, was murdered in 2007. Police found his body -- bearing signs of torture and dismemberment -- about a month after he was kidnapped.

And in March of this year, another cousin of Ward's -- Dontae Coble, 16 -- was charged with murder. Homicide detectives accused Coble of fatally stabbing Daniel Smalls, 18, on Feb. 13 outside a house party on Genesee Street.

Wilhite, according to a 2007 police report, told police a man fired several shots at her late on Dec. 23, 2007, at Broadway and Mills Street but missed, striking a nearby vehicle.

McCaa, who was killed in Saturday morning's attack, survived a shooting on March 31, 2008, in which he was shot in the groin as he left a store at Bailey and Kermit avenues.

McCaa was facing some trouble with the law at the time of his death. According to Sedita, McCaa was scheduled to go to trial on a felony robbery charge this week in State Supreme Court.

What a joke. Sounds like a small victory for society.