David Nelson reminds me of Vincent Jackson

Based on what I saw in camp and todays game there's a lot of similiarities between he and Jackson. Both have similiar size and speed (Jackson 6'5'' 230lbs 4.46 40 yd dash and Nelson 6'5'' 217 lbs 4.47 40 yd dash). Kudos to Nix for picking this guy up. Keep in mind Nix was the Assistant General Manager with the Chargers who oversaw both pro and college scouting and to be one of the main decision makers in each NFL Draft so he must have seen something in Nelson that reminded him of Jackson. Couple of things that stood out from Nelson in last night's game was his abiility to run routes, get open, catch balls, and make plays. I know it's only 1 game but I have a strong feling this kid's going to be a future Pro Bowler within the next few seasons if given a chance to play. I hope he gets playing time with the 1's and 2's next week to see how well he plays. We'll see.

Based on what I saw in camp and todays game there's a lot of similiarities between he and Jackson. Both have similiar size and speed (Jackson 6'5'' 230lbs 4.46 40 yd dash and Nelson 6'5'' 217 lbs 4.47 40 yd dash). Kudos to Nix for picking this guy up. Keep in mind Nix was the Assistant General Manager with the Chargers who oversaw both pro and college scouting and to be one of the main decision makers in each NFL Draft so he must have seen something in Nelson that reminded him of Jackson. Couple of things that stood out from Nelson in last night's game was his abiility to run routes, get open, catch balls, and make plays. I know it's only 1 game but I have a strong feling this kid's going to be a future Pro Bowler within the next few seasons if given a chance to play. I hope he gets playing time with the 1's and 2's next week to see how well he plays. We'll see.

Nice comparison. I thought Nelson looked great out there. Played with a lot of control, nice hands, nice moves, good sense of how to get open on the TD.

He even threw a nasty block on the one nice PR by Roosevelt.

I think he's a keeper.

David Nelson dude. After last nights dissapointing performance by Chad Jackson, I'd definitely like to see more David Nelson. I was kinda hoping Jackson would be a surprise contributer this year, but now I don't feel too good about that........

Nice comparison. I thought Nelson looked great out there. Played with a lot of control, nice hands, nice moves, good sense of how to get open on the TD.

I think he's a keeper.

Nelson is the most productive WR on the roster

look for him to be gone in the first round of cuts so they can further evaluate Hardy

Nelson is the most productive WR on the roster

look for him to be gone in the first round of cuts so they can further evaluate Hardy

Agreed if Jauron is still coach, since he drafted him. But for Gailey/Nix, 2010 is just one big training camp/preseason (the "regular season" being prepared for being 2011 (if we even play). Therefore, me thinks the best man plays this year, no matter who it is.

Was that him on the receiving end of a uncalled block in the back last night? I wasn't sure.

Agree that Nelson was one of the few players that showed up to claim his roster spot. Joque Bell and Chad Simpson also played like they want to earn a roster spot. The way this team gets injured you never can have enough depth. Other teams are also watching and RB depth around the league being a concern they could end up on some teams roster.

Is Hardy still nursing an injury? I'm pretty sure I saw him dressed on the sideline, but he never got in the game. Redskins TV did mention his name in a comment about how the Bills needed someone to fill the #2 spot and "James Hardy hasn't shown anything yet." :wallbash:

an undisclosed lower body injury, CG said he would b out for about 10 days about 3 days ago

I think he's a keeper.

+1!

Beautiful block! Rolled one 'Skin into another to spring Roosevelt along the sideline. Love receivers who can block! I (spoiler alert! . . . Glass half-full comment coming . . . ) expect them all to run routes, catch balls, get open, . . . but blocking? It's nice to see!

It's crazy because I watch a bunch of Florida games and he never really did anything there. But he had a hell of a nice game and I love his block on PR. A good start for the guy. Also, he has a smoking hot girlfriend who is a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, so that's a huge positive for him.

It's crazy because I watch a bunch of Florida games and he never really did anything there. But he had a hell of a nice game and I love his block on PR. A good start for the guy. Also, he has a smoking hot girlfriend who is a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, so that's a huge positive for him.

Nelson was a big recruit and had a lot of expectations at Florida, but he never lived up to them. He would show his talent occasionally, making great catches or having a big game, but then would disappear for a few games in a row. Despite coming in as the expected #1 reciever, he was always down the depth chart.

If he plays to his max potential, he could be a stud, but the fact that he never did that at Florida makes me pretty skeptical that he'll do so in the NFL. I'm hopeful though.

BTW, Urban Meyer puts an incredible amount of emphasis on special teams, giving those players all sorts of "perks". At Florida, players fight to be special teams, so it's no surprise that he showed well last night.

I came across a very interesting article about David Nelson, and Florida receivers in general. It is all the more interesting in light of Friday night's performance.

“The emphasis on blocking at Florida will help me here just because we have three running backs who are amazing talents and athletes,” Nelson said. “To be able to block for some of those guys could be the difference between winning and losing a game. To add that to a toolbox of a receiver who can run routes and catch the ball, but can he hold his block? As far as me being an undrafted free agent, that’s just going to help me out that much more.”

Scout.com