Obvious weaknesses you witnessed tonight ?

Skoobydum

Impressively bad maybe. Bell hasn't played much of camp. It says here Jamon Meredith will be a better tackle than Bell. Cordell is a stop gap measure. A Dockery at tackle.

I don't have much hope for the outside of this line. I think the interior is gonna be just fine once the tackle positions settle down.

C

I have real questions about our center too.

Did you see Lankster returning that punt?

I went to camp Friday Aug 6th. At the end they had Moorman punting . Spiller caught his, off to the locker room, second guy can't remember who caught his off to the locker room. Third man up was Lankster. Fumbled the catch. The coach gave him some instruction. Try 2 Lankster fumbled the catch, the coach got a little more animated giving his instruction. Try three Lankster ran forward about 8 yards fumbled the catch. The coach took off his hat threw it to the ground ranted and raved for about a minute picked up his hat and stormed off the field leaving Langster with a what did I do look ?

I went to camp Friday Aug 6th. At the end they had Moorman punting . Spiller caught his, off to the locker room, second guy can't remember who caught his off to the locker room. Third man up was Lankster. Fumbled the catch. The coach gave him some instruction. Try 2 Lankster fumbled the catch, the coach got a little more animated giving his instruction. Try three Lankster ran forward about 8 yards fumbled the catch. The coach took off his hat threw it to the ground ranted and raved for about a minute picked up his hat and stormed off the field leaving Langster with a what did I do look ?

WOW! I think it's safe to say that Lankster won't be our punt returner this yr....thankfully!

the new defense sure looked good giving up 5+ yards a carry 

and that was when they weren't giving up huge chunks in the passing game

thought they might bring those CBs closer than 10 yards to the line of scrimmage with this new aggressive D

With five linebackers Paul Posluszny, Keith Ellison, Chris Kelsay, Danny Batten and Ryan Manalac out, and OLinemen Eric Wood, Demetrius Bell, Cornell Green and Ed Wang out, along with safety Jon Corto, tight end Derek Schouman and wide receivers Marcus Easley and James Hardy, I'd say many of our starters and depth weren't on the field much especially after Freddy and Lynch left the game early in the first quarter.

But we're BillsFanOne!

I totally believe it, we let everyone play last night to fail. Lankster looks to be a goner.

I'm not sure what we can learn of the Bills, but they will need a lot of work. There were missed assignments on way too many plays. Guys didn't know where to line up, and what the play was. ... I guess that is what preseason is for.

It was just the first preseason game, so I'm not too concerned, as long as there is an improvement in next weeks game. Hopefully, we'll get some of our o-line starters back for that game.

Trent looked bad, but same as last season, he is losing faith in the players around him. Our O-line looked like the worst unit of the team. But they did have 3 starters missing.

Is it just me, or did Arthor Moats looked completely lost out there. He looked like he has not been studying his play book, or the speed of the game is too much for him.

Coaching.

BS it was the coaching! I'm glad we hired Chan, he's a better coach than the one we faced yesterday! Believe me Buffalo needs him more than he needs us.... Lets get behind this guy and let the man work. Yes we lost the game, but atleast he was man enough to get up to podium and say "we were not a quality team." Mediocrity isn't an option with Chan and I know he's gonna get the players to respond and if they don't then you can bet they won't be here much longer!

I totally believe it, we let everyone play last night to fail. Lankster looks to be a goner.

I disagree, Lankster may not be returning punts anymore, but I think he will still be good depth at CB. C'mon the guy is only in his second year.

Trent Edwards is not a top tier QB, he is a second or third stringer

At last nights game it seemed to me that not only could the D read him...they could also manipulate his non-dimensional play making skills

End of story.....and I'm just saying, from my perspective

So, I say lets just rotate all the QBs in with the play....that would be the best option for this year

Honestly, I saw absolutely nothing that looked good last night.

I didn't think they'd win. I did think it'd be a close game at least.

Our run defense sucked, our pass defense sucked, our running sucked, our passing sucked, our special teams sucked.

I thought this team would be better than that. I thought we would have improved over last season. I guess I was being too optimistic.

Oh no you don't. Trent's not off the hook for that performance.

Which complete breakdown in pass protection was your favorite? Was it the one where McIntosh went completely unblocked or was it the one where Spiller was left alone on a DE and damn near got the QB killed? Both were pretty special, it's hard to pick a favorite so take your time. My favorite was the one where Trent tried to chuck the ball to Steve Johnson just before he got hit by THREE different Redskins!

It's fine if you don't like Edwards and he may not ever be a good QB but no QB is going to be any good if he's running for his life. At least be objective in your analysis otherwise you risk being just another of the mindless "Trent sucks" lemmings.