Wawrow: Whitner rejuvinated by the 3-4

Fingon

Donte is listed as 5'10" 208lbs

Troy P is listed as 5'10" 207lbs

jus sayin, also it helps to be delivering the hits instead of receiving them :thumbsup:

Go Bills!

Thanks for the research Doc..obviously posted before I checked weights...

Is Troy P.'s weight with a full head of hair?...I bet he is 230 if you include the small animals and birds nests that reside in his fro...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DW is a dollar short and a day late - and come cut down day that it would not be a surprise if little Donte is gone.

:D

Yes, they would simply cut Donte instead of trade him? :thumbsup::flirt:

Well, you can rest assured neither will happen soon.

:D

Yes, they would simply cut Donte instead of trade him? :thumbsup::flirt:

Well, you can rest assured neither will happen soon.

Not sure, but with the current staff being as decisive as they were with Schobel and the no-nonsense attitude displayed in camp, Whitner being cut or traded for a practice squad player should not be a surprise. New coaching staffs like to install their own players - so watch out on cut down day.

Not sure, but with the current staff being as decisive as they were with Schobel and the no-nonsense attitude displayed in camp, Whitner being cut or traded for a practice squad player should not be a surprise. New coaching staffs like to install their own players - so watch out on cut down day.

Hold your breath!

I think there's a better chance of the staff fattening up Donte and turning him into a Lil Ngata.

If Donte was closer to Schobel's age then I think you might have some valid points.

I think there's a better chance of the staff fattening up Donte and turning him into a Lil Ngata.

If Donte was closer to Schobel's age, didn't show up, feigned retirement, asked to be traded, etc. then I think you might have some valid points.

Adjusted.

DW is a dollar short and a day late - and come cut down day that it would not be a surprise if little Donte is gone.

You know your opinion on DW is out there when even Dawgg isn't claiming he'll be cut.

Do you really believe this? If you do I would love to wager any amount of money you can afford that barring an injury, Whitner is the starting SS opening day.

Cut him? Let me guess...he was drafted too high, and "tweets" too much?

Donte is a good player, regardless of where he was drafted. To cut him would be asinine.

Whitner will not only make the Pro-Bowl, he will be a starting Safety. All of that in a conference with Reed, Sanders, Palamolu, and the other starter....Byrd.

Not so sure about all this pro-bowl nonsense but Donte has been a leader who has a passion for the game and he has been one of the few Bills' players to speak out for the team. It seems like we have lost so many players who buy into Buffalo and Bills' tradition but Donte has from day one.

All the whiners on this board who rip him apart have not been paying attention to what he was asked to do under the Tampa D. He was not in a position to make interceptions nor to really make big plays ... instead he was asked to be a trooper who had a lot of responsibilities perhaps none of which played to the strength of his abilities.

The reports that are really hitting home are the out of town media's but it seems clear to me that he is ready for a big season. Our 'D' excites me with its possibilities ... Byrd the ball hawk, Donte given the opportunity to play to his talent, and the best D-Back group in the league. Up front Williams/Troupe, Stroud, Carrington, et. al. are looking strong and I like our middle LB's. The weak links are those outside LB's but with the defensive scheme we are playing and with an offensive minded coach who should have the O on the field for a lot more time this season ... the D should shine!

Do you really believe this? If you do I would love to wager any amount of money you can afford that barring an injury, Whitner is the starting SS opening day.

I hope DW has a great year and according to the OP is "rejuvinated" (like he needed to be rejuvenated in order to play good football - right?) because in his four years with the Bills it would be nice if he added to his 2 forced fumbles or 4 INTs and became an impact player that you would like to see out of your first round selection (8th overall).

You know, I'm not sure I would be looking to bring Whitner back unless it was at a fairly reasonable price.

That's a good question - if Whitner explodes this year, what do the Bills do? My guess is they just franchise him. If he has a great year it could signify that the previous system just wasn't a fit for him, because, as much as he's been decent, he hasn't been winning games, either. With Byrd the coaching staff will want to keep as good a tandem as they can, I just don't see them spending top 5 safety money on Whitner - assuming he has a great year and presses for a big payday. We have Wilson and Scott - two good safeties, either of which I wouldn't mind seeing play. Scott is a solid run support safety, and Wilson is getting to be very good in pass protection, although I like Wilson all around. Wilson is still pretty new at his position, which makes his performance last year - and he's been consistently performing better week in and out, suggesting he's no fluke - all the more incredible. I think we have the best safety group in the NFL. We've got Byrd, who when healthy could get 6-10 interceptions a year, and Wilson had 4 last year in limited duty, I think he's good for 4-6 interceptions a year, too. Add Whitner for being capable of maybe 3-5 a year, and that's a lot of ball hawking for that position (taking liberties with those estimates).

Certainly, getting some pressure on the QB in the form of OLB play will be a top priority for this staff if our OLB's don't produce at a high level this year. That might be the last piece to a very good defense.

You know, I'm not sure I would be looking to bring Whitner back unless it was at a fairly reasonable price.

That's a good question - if Whitner explodes this year, what do the Bills do? My guess is they just franchise him. If he has a great year it could signify that the previous system just wasn't a fit for him, because, as much as he's been decent, he hasn't been winning games, either. With Byrd the coaching staff will want to keep as good a tandem as they can, I just don't see them spending top 5 safety money on Whitner - assuming he has a great year and presses for a big payday. We have Wilson and Scott - two good safeties, either of which I wouldn't mind seeing play. Scott is a solid run support safety, and Wilson is getting to be very good in pass protection, although I like Wilson all around. Wilson is still pretty new at his position, which makes his performance last year - and he's been consistently performing better week in and out, suggesting he's no fluke - all the more incredible. I think we have the best safety group in the NFL. We've got Byrd, who when healthy could get 6-10 interceptions a year, and Wilson had 4 last year in limited duty, I think he's good for 4-6 interceptions a year, too. Add Whitner for being capable of maybe 3-5 a year, and that's a lot of ball hawking for that position (taking liberties with those estimates).

Certainly, getting some pressure on the QB in the form of OLB play will be a top priority for this staff if our OLB's don't produce at a high level this year. That might be the last piece to a very good defense.

Wilson really can't play SS, IMO.

And, do you really think a safety is going to WIN games when the offense is as bad as it has been and the defense as ravaged by injury? One player alone on D can't WIN games by himself.

I hope DW has a great year and according to the OP is "rejuvinated" (like he needed to be rejuvenated in order to play good football - right?) because in his four years with the Bills it would be nice if he added to his 2 forced fumbles or 4 INTs and became an impact player that you would like to see out of your first round selection (8th overall).

I wasn't defending his play. I was just questioning you saying don't be surprised if he is cut or traded before the start of the season. I'm saying barring injury he is the starting SS.