Thought on Schobel

If he plays for the Pats I am for first person hoping he gets chopped blocked and can't walk for years. I have no love for people that say and do different things let him learn to walk again and see how he feeling about playing for the Pats

lmfao!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts are that Schobel was a great player but a horrible leader who never helped the team make the playoffs. Later loser.

jjb

You have to wonder how much his bad attitude has affected the players that were closest to him and looked up to him as a vet, especially having a bad reputation as not working hard in practices. I am sure that did not help the Bill's D last year. I am glad he will not be there any longer and hope that his attitude does not carry over with others that are still here this year.

The bills should have known from day one that schobel wasn't going to play linebacker in a 3-4. No brainer. Knowing that they should have made a deal well before the draft.

The Bills were solidly convinced that AS would make the transition. The only question was that of his retirement and they were willing to give him as long as it took before they HAD to move on.

More 20/20 hindsight conjecture.

But my question to you was to construct that trade taking into consideration bonus, guaranteed salary, and AS's rhetoric during the process. Remember, before he started waffling, he stated that he'd play for the Bills or nobody. I'd really like to know who you trade him to given all the circumstances.

GO BILLS!!!

Chris Brown of BB.com said that the only serious team Schobel would go to is Houston, however he states that NE and Sea have expressed interest. Even though it is a long shot if Schobel went to NE how would the fans re-act?

Personally I hate every player on the Pats just because of the lone fact that I hate the Pats, and if Schobel went there I dont think I would be able to hope for a successful season for him. I hope hed stay healthy but thats about it.

Thoughts?

Why would you wish this jerk well under any circumstances? Schoebel QUIT the Buffalo Bills. As far as I'm concerned, unless he stays home and drives his kids to school and picks them up every day from now until they graduate from high school, he is a pathetic hypocritical diva. Even if he signs with Houston, he still has to "be away from his family" half the feakin' time when the Texans go on the road.

I suppose the Bills save cash cutting him, but who knows how much of a cap hit he is still costing Buffalo, based on how that stupid salary cap works? If Wilson-Brandon-Nix don't use the extra savings to bring in a vet even if it's just to cover injuries some time during the season, then they should not have cut him at all. They should have just fined him for every day he refused to report while he "wrestled" with the horrible decision of whether to continue playing football for the only team he ever played for that has already paid him over 33 Million dollars.

What does a contract mean in pro sports anymore? :unsure:

first shortly after the decision was made to go 3-4 the trade should have been initiated...before the AS remarks were made

secnd buddy should not have made public statements about poor trade value

third AS wanted out of 3-4 as much as anything. the money is not unreasonable for a healthy de who had ten sacks last year on very bad team.

I agree once we let it get out of hand with all the bad blood the trade possibilities dwindled.

The bills should have known from day one that schobel wasn't going to play linebacker in a 3-4. No brainer. Knowing that they should have made a deal well before the draft.

Okay, since we're day dreaming here...

So far only 3 teams have expressed interest in him, and he's totally free, meaning no draft pick and no having to redo his contract. One of them is Seattle. Do you think Schobel would have agreed to be traded there? Nope. The next is the Patriots. Assuming their interest is real (and they've been known to feign interest in order to drive up the price of players), would Schobel want to play for them? Would they be willing to give him what he wants money/time-wise? Would they outbid the Texans for his services? Unlikely. So that leaves the Texans, who have been the only real suitor all along. And they knew it and wouldn't have traded for him, waiting for him to be free...like he is now. Therefore, no trade value. And the funny thing is, he's STILL unsigned.

So far only 3 teams have expressed interest in him, and he's totally free, meaning no draft pick and no having to redo his contract. One of them is Seattle. Do you think Schobel would have agreed to be traded there? Nope. The next is the Patriots. Assuming their interest is real (and they've been known to feign interest in order to drive up the price of players), would Schobel want to play for them? Would they be willing to give him what he wants money/time-wise? Would they outbid the Texans for his services? Unlikely. So that leaves the Texans, who have been the only real suitor all along. And they knew it and wouldn't have traded for him, waiting for him to be free...like he is now. Therefore, no trade value. And the funny thing is, he's STILL unsigned.

IOW, Schoebel OWNED Nix.

C'mon, Doc. I mean there's TRADE value and then there's FREE AGENT value. It's obvious AS had FAR more TRADE value with that $8m dollar contract than he has FREE AGENT value that's gonna cost whoever signs him FAR less.

Of course, that will have to wait until he builds up his FREE AGENT value by waiting to make up his mind for a couple more weeks.

GO BILLS!!!

If he plays for the Pats I am for first person hoping he gets chopped blocked and can't walk for years. I have no love for people that say and do different things let him learn to walk again and see how he feeling about playing for the Pats

So I guess you missed the comment in another thread abotuon "sense of proportion"?

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.......

Wake up. He announced las season before it was over that he was considering retirement. The cards were already on the table. With that out there how many teams do you think were going to trade for him?

I read this at work and wanted to reply.... But didnt log in, What a stupid thing to say, how can you wish that on anyone...

you are a :unsure::lol:;):doh::censored::censored::censored: !

IOW, Schoebel OWNED Nix.

:lol:

Hardly. At best there was one team that he definitely would want to play for, another he probably wouldn't want to play for, and another he definitely wouldn't want to play for. And it wouldn't cost a draft pick or $8M. That isn't much of a market.

C'mon, Doc. I mean there's TRADE value and then there's FREE AGENT value. It's obvious AS had FAR more TRADE value with that $8m dollar contract than he has FREE AGENT value that's gonna cost whoever signs him FAR less.

Of course, that will have to wait until he builds up his FREE AGENT value by waiting to make up his mind for a couple more weeks.

How do you figure? You think teams are more willing to pay a guy $8M and trade a pick than get him for significantly less and no draft pick? :unsure:

:lol:

Hardly. At best there was one team that he definitely would want to play for, another he probably wouldn't want to play for, and another he definitely wouldn't want to play for. And it wouldn't cost a draft pick or $8M. That isn't much of a market.

How do you figure? You think teams are more willing to pay a guy $8M and trade a pick than get him for significantly less and no draft pick? :unsure:

That would be sarcasm, Doc.

GO BILLS!!!

first shortly after the decision was made to go 3-4 the trade should have been initiated...before the AS remarks were made

secnd buddy should not have made public statements about poor trade value

third AS wanted out of 3-4 as much as anything. the money is not unreasonable for a healthy de who had ten sacks last year on very bad team.

I agree once we let it get out of hand with all the bad blood the trade possibilities dwindled.

The only bad blood is with the fans, and we have no bearing on trade possibilities. :) Accept the fact there was no trade market for him. Nix's actions speak volumes about that fact, as well as the fact that they have no ill will toward him and that he ultimately wasn't in the their plans.

Wake up. He announced las season before it was over that he was considering retirement. The cards were already on the table. With that out there how many teams do you think were going to trade for him?

I suspect a minimum of three would have been interested before the draft. Schobel has always been interested in Houston (the obvious choice) and Seattle and NE are interested. The deal was there. It just didn't get done. End of story.

I suspect a minimum of three would have been interested before the draft. Schobel has always been interested in Houston (the obvious choice) and Seattle and NE are interested. The deal was there. It just didn't get done. End of story.

Yes, I'm sure Seattle and NE would love to trade for a player that would only retire once they got him.