Thought on Schobel

Chris Brown of BB.com said that the only serious team Schobel would go to is Houston, however he states that NE and Sea have expressed interest. Even though it is a long shot if Schobel went to NE how would the fans re-act?

Personally I hate every player on the Pats just because of the lone fact that I hate the Pats, and if Schobel went there I dont think I would be able to hope for a successful season for him. I hope hed stay healthy but thats about it.

Thoughts?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he plays for the Pats I am for first person hoping he gets chopped blocked and can't walk for years. I have no love for people that say and do different things let him learn to walk again and see how he feeling about playing for the Pats

If he plays for the Pats I am for first person hoping he gets chopped blocked and can't walk for years. I have no love for people that say and do different things let him learn to walk again and see how he feeling about playing for the Pats

Thanks for your educated contribution to this board.

:unsure:

Wow! I don't even have to insult you because your words say it all.

Chris Brown of BB.com said that the only serious team Schobel would go to is Houston, however he states that NE and Sea have expressed interest. Even though it is a long shot if Schobel went to NE how would the fans re-act?

Personally I hate every player on the Pats just because of the lone fact that I hate the Pats, and if Schobel went there I dont think I would be able to hope for a successful season for him. I hope hed stay healthy but thats about it.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that Schobel was a great player but a horrible leader who never helped the team make the playoffs. Later loser.

jjb

How would playing for the Pats go against what he has said? He has peviously said he wants to play for a contender.

Saying he doesnt want to have to move his family is not the same the thing as saying he never would. He never said that he wouldnt do it if the right opportunity came along. His issue has been family which is why he was UNDECIDED if he wanted to play. He never once officially retired over the fact he didnt want to move his family.

There was no trade market for him because of the uncertainty of his desire to play with regards to having to move his family, his public comments about losing a step and not being a hard worker in practice and training, his statement that even he plays this year that it will be his last, along with the his huge price tag.

There was never a dispute that he wouldnt have value to a team if he suited up, but no one was going to give us anything for him. But now that they dont have to and can negotiate a fair salary, teams are expressing interest. It was the right move for our team, the right move for a long time good player of this franchise, and now his decision looks like it will include more than just Houston as an option.

Also, not one report has shown AS to have any interest in any team other than Hou...so the fact Sea and NE are interested in him does not mean he is interested in them. Although he would be a fool not to consider NE if he really wants a shot at a ring this year.

Really? And he's a loser? More incredible insight from TSW.

Thoughts?

Wow, Chris Brown, huh?

Didn't I read that like 2 days ago on ESPN?

he'll probably go to Houston but part of it will be money and part of it will be getting to the superbowl and the sine qua non swill be a 4-3 defense. He'll go where he goes, and we'll get nothing in return. Poor planning, Poor game plan. Poor execution.

He had no trade value. The sooner you accept it, the better off you'll be.

He had trade value. We just didn't get it.

And you would have engineered this trade how and with whom? Please take into consideration ALL of his contract concerns, including the $2m for passing a physical and the $6m guaranteed.

Please also consider ALL of AS's rhetoric throughout the process as well as the fact that the Bills WANTED him on THEIR team.

If ANYBODY can come up with a plausible trade scenario that DOESN'T require 20/20 foresight or hindsight, I'd like to hear it.

GO BILLS!!!

Football is a game. You wish for a man to be crippled over a game??? A little harsh, bro.

He had trade value. We just didn't get it.

What trade value is that? Schobel hasn't even made up his mind as to whether or not he's even playing this year, and he will only play for certain teams. Who is going to trade for a player that 1) might retire and 2) might retire because he doesn't want to play for you?

Other teams know that we won't just sit on his $8 million salary. Every team in the NFL knew we were going to have to cut him.

first shortly after the decision was made to go 3-4 the trade should have been initiated...before the AS remarks were made

secnd buddy should not have made public statements about poor trade value

third AS wanted out of 3-4 as much as anything. the money is not unreasonable for a healthy de who had ten sacks last year on very bad team.

I agree once we let it get out of hand with all the bad blood the trade possibilities dwindled.

first shortly after the decision was made to go 3-4 the trade should have been initiated...before the AS remarks were made

secnd buddy should not have made public statements about poor trade value

third AS wanted out of 3-4 as much as anything. the money is not unreasonable for a healthy de who had ten sacks last year on very bad team.

I agree once we let it get out of hand with all the bad blood the trade possibilities dwindled.

So, the Bills should have traded a player they WANTED in their line-up?

Again, this 20/20 hindsight is pure crap.

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Not to mention that Schobel plans on skipping training camp for whatever team he goes to.

GO BILLS!!!

The bills should have known from day one that schobel wasn't going to play linebacker in a 3-4. No brainer. Knowing that they should have made a deal well before the draft.