What is the best golf course you have ever played?

Hossage

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you get on there??

From the wikipedia article...

"Pine Valley Golf Club is a highly exclusive club. Male-only membership is by invitation from the board of directors only. There are about 1,300 members spread throughout the world, and the list is a closely guarded secret. [2]

The only way a guest is allowed into the club is if they are invited by a member and accompanied by one. Women are permitted to play the course on Sunday afternoons."

This type of elitist snobbery is my least favorite part of the game.

So aside from the great courses we've played around the world, what are your favorite courses in WNY?

My "home courses" (the ones I'm most familiar with) are Dande Farms CC and Elma Meadows. Probably the most fun I've ever had was at the Links at Ivy Ridge. Buffalo Tournament Club is a promising course, but it's still relatively new and underfinished (fairways are wispy and bare is the biggest problem).

I played a place with my grandfather out in WNY once that I think was called "Three Rivers." Really fun course.

How did you get on there??

I work at a golf club in the Catskills, and the pro's (my boss) best friend is a member there. The pro took me there (we played with his buddy) as a graduation gift.

So aside from the great courses we've played around the world, what are your favorite courses in WNY?

My "home courses" (the ones I'm most familiar with) are Dande Farms CC and Elma Meadows. Probably the most fun I've ever had was at the Links at Ivy Ridge. Buffalo Tournament Club is a promising course, but it's still relatively new and underfinished (fairways are wispy and bare is the biggest problem).

My favorite, because years ago I worked there....

Bristol Harbor GC

Took a trip to Scotland about 10 years ago and played

1. Old Course

2. Carnoustie

3. Kingsbarn

4. Cruden Bay

All of which are listed in the top 100 in the world.

I've also played Bethpage Black, Torrey Pines South, World Woods and Mauna Kea, which are all ranked in the top 100 courses in the US. My only regret: while working at a hotel in N. Lake Tahoe in 1981 I was invited by some waiters to join their annual trek to play the courses at Pebble Beach, and I declined... :-(

Best WNY course I've played: Crag Burn.

The Floridian 2nd would be PGA National in WPB, best part is both were comped.Also played Adios.

The CEO of my old company belonged there. He said that they only allowed women on the grounds of the club one time per year and that was for the Valentine's day dinner-party. This was also the day that the club presented the members their annual bill.

He said that the name of the club was "Adios" because that's what you said to your family when you left to go to the club. He also claimed that Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy's, was a member there.

Of course, I'd never join a club that would have me as a member. :unsure:

/h/t Groucho

No one has played Bushwood ???

Rolling Hills? It's in Plantation/Davie FL near my old office. Some of my friends played there, but I never got around to it. I heard it was nice, but not great.