Roscoe Parrish Injured at Camp.

Not a lot more about it yet;

Link

Parrish injured

Chris Brown

Posted August 6, 2010 – 7:22 pm

Tags: Roscoe Parrish

Roscoe Parrish left practice just moments ago and headed to the locker room.

He was visibly limping and was ticked off on his way off the field.

I hope it's not serious. I'm looking forward to seeing what Chan can do with him this year.

Whew!!

Parrish injury not serious

Chris Brown

Posted August 6, 2010 – 8:14 pm

Bills head coach Chan Gailey said after practice that the injury suffered by Roscoe Parrish Friday night was not serious.

“Roscoe… it’s not bad. He’ll be back in a couple of days at the worst I think,” said Gailey.

Gailey chose not to identify the injury suffered by Parrish, who was visibly limping on his way to the locker room.

Whew!!

Chris Brown

Bills head coach Chan Gailey said after practice that the injury suffered by Roscoe Parrish Friday night was not serious.

“Roscoe… it’s not bad. He’ll be back in a couple of days at the worst I think,” said Gailey.

Gailey chose not to identify the injury suffered by Parrish, who was visibly limping on his way to the locker room.

I like how Gailey is taking the hockey angle here. When a hockey player has a shoulder injury, the most specific you will EVER get will be "upper body injury".

Whew!!

Chris Brown

"Roscoe… it's not bad. He'll be back in a couple of days at the worst I think," said Gailey.

Thanks! Good news

I like how Gailey is taking the hockey angle here. When a hockey player has a shoulder injury, the most specific you will EVER get will be "upper body injury".

Yeah, I just saw him in an interview were, and I am not sure if it was about Parrish or Wang,

but, after the reporter asked him if he was hurt in practice, Chan said "yes he was hurt", the

reporter said "what happened", and he responded with "he was hurt"

Whew!!

Chris Brown

Whew is right! That's a relief.

Yeah, I just saw him in an interview were, and I am not sure if it was about Parrish or Wang,

but, after the reporter asked him if he was hurt in practice, Chan said "yes he was hurt", the

reporter said "what happened", and he responded with "he was hurt"

The good ole boy southern terminology will bite him in the arse here for sure..They dont mince words just speak the truth. I remember when Wade was asked about Chris Watson and his nonreturnability prowess. He replied he is a puntcatcher not a puntreturner, boy did he get tortured, Till they got him we were having a inordinate of fumbles on the punt catch..lol.After he got here we didnt lose one the rest of the yr irrc.

The good ole boy southern terminology will bite him in the arse here for sure..They dont mince words just speak the truth. I remember when Wade was asked about Chris Watson and his nonreturnability prowess. He replied he is a puntcatcher not a puntreturner, boy did he get tortured, Till they got him we were having a inordinate of fumbles on the punt catch..lol.After he got here we didnt lose one the rest of the yr irrc.

I like what I have seen of his mannerisms to date, and your right, he doesn't seem to have a loss

for words. He is very descriptive up until the point where he has to outright make a straight out

endorsement, then somehow manages to make you feel like he has really told you something, when

actually he hasn't old you siht. If you know what I mean.

Whew, we need him out there.

Why? He's completely expendable. Spiller is a more direct (and probably more dangerous) replacement for Roscoe than he is Fred or Marshawn at this point. Punt returns and slot receiver who will also run the ball a bit.

I was looking forward to Roscoe getting a shot with this offense, too, and am still. I wonder why not have, in a four WR set, two slots, one on each side of the line - so you'd see Evans and Johnson or Hardy (I like Easley already as an up-and-coming WR, but I think he'll be brought along slowly) on the outside, Spiller and Parrish on the inside, have five man line, QB and either Jackson or Lynch. I think getting as many of these ultra-quick WR's our there at once will really cause defenses fits - think about it: not only are Parrish and Spiller super fast, but they're good in space, being fully capable of going the distance at any time, any place - they've got to be accounted for. Then you've got Easley, Evans, and Chad Jackson who are all also 4.3 guys. That's a lot of dangerous guys running around, which makes me think we'll have room to run, and that we'll find success there, and then, consequently, we'll see some big plays with playaction passes or just blown coverage. We're going to see big plays on offense this year. I read a recent comparison to New Orleans offense, and using spread more. Our O-line is not proven enough yet to allow us a real fully developed, unencumbered look at what our offense could be, but I do suspect we could come out surprising people, and that our coaches have modeled a team with recievers (considering our speed, and the rookies we picked up) with the dangerous, score from anywhere look that the Rams had, and Saints... but we'll have, also, a very solid, smash 'em or run around 'em running game. It's so promising but for the O-line and QB play. I think I'm going to look up and see if I can find any history for the good O-lines of today, and if any came from relative nowhere like ours might. It would certainly look so muc different if we picked up a proven LT, a young one, and we could move Bell to RT, have Meredith for backup, along with Wand and Green, and have Levitre, Hangartner, and Wood... I'd love to see Wood at center, with Hangartner a backup, and move maybe Ramsey or Howard move to RG... either way, the line would all of a sudden be strong, and could play together for four, five years... and all we'd need then is good QB play, either by one of our current guys, or if we got our franchise QB in next year's draft, then we'd have the making of an exciting, young offense to look forward to for half a decade or more - I'm liking the Nix two year plan!

He didn't say that. :devil:

He said toughening a player up now is better than having him get injured during the season. If you don't think tough players handle injuries better, then I don't know what to tell ya.

You could tell him that there's no data either way showing tough camps produce fewer injuries later, or the opposite. That would be a good start.