Apparently Jet Fan Not Impressed

FergsKU

Free Agent signings galore! Rex Ryan! Hard Knocks! Thing is the Jets are advertising EVERYWHERE in NYC. It's pathetic and desperate. Apparently the greatest team on earth cannot sell out their own building.

Have you seen the prices? Can't be good if there is a payment calculator on their site.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets-and-sta...um/non-psl.html

Have you seen the prices? Can't be good if there is a payment calculator on their site.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets-and-sta...um/non-psl.html

The Bills are easily the best value for major professional sports in North America. Same seats in the Jets stadium are 110.00 more per pair and have 12K per seat Lic fee. I guess it is good that you can pay 2400 and change a year on their payment plan. What a deal.

This is just the seats, I can only imagine what a beer might cost. Be thankful for what we got, it may not have sushi or premium beers on tap but it is outdoors ( I've been to several Lions games and while nicely appointed, it is like watching a football at a mall) and cheap.

Free Agent signings galore! Rex Ryan! Hard Knocks! Thing is the Jets are advertising EVERYWHERE in NYC. It's pathetic and desperate. Apparently the greatest team on earth cannot sell out their own building.

1. They do not have their own building

2. They are not the Giants, just the 2nd fiddle Jets.

Let's be honest.....The Jets are a fine looking team heading forward with a QB that can play his ass off.

:lol:

Let's be honest.... The Jets have a fine looking defense and overperformed last year. They won in spite of their QB and replaced their workhorse RB for an aging primadonna.

10-6 at best.

Let's be honest.... The Jets have a fine looking defense and overperformed last year. They won in spite of their QB and replaced their workhorse RB for an aging primadonna.

10-6 at best.

A defense that is missing it's best player in Revis and another integral part, Jenkins, contemplated retirement before camp opened. They're going to have to rely more on the pass this year, and we saw how that worked out last year against the Bills. 9-7 at best.

10-6 at best.

Don't like the Jets of course, but I do enjoy Rex Ryan's **** talk for a laugh. As others have said above, season ticket buyers are going to be hard to come by in this economy, given the exorbitant PSL fee. They will sell out their games though, individual ticket buyers will make up the difference in a market that large.

As far as the RB situation goes, I don't know if it was money issue with the Jets, but the 30 yard old rule for RBs is taken a little too far IMO. Thomas Jones had two of his best seasons with the Jets, but was shipped away to back up Charles in KC. Jones hasn't shown any sign of slowing down that I can see. They do have Shonn Greene in addition to LT remember.

Jets and Fish are vastly overrated. I still don't know what to make of the Pats* -- but the AFC East is not what the "national media" are making it out to be.

That includes, incidentally, that the Bills are likely not the bottom-feeders everyone is forecasting.

I am not even surprised they can't sell many seats with those prices, but i suspect that even Jets fans aren't fooled by all the overinflated hype and predictions.

I just don't see this team any closer than they were last year, and last year was dumb luck that they got to play the eternally fragile Bengals. If they had to play the Ravens or eagles to get in the playoffs last year, most of this nonsense we're all reading about the Jets doe snot exist, other than the ridiculous hype about acquiring some washed up players from SD.

Hope I'm wrong, but I think the Jets are going to be a lot better. It's Sanchez's second year, and I expect him to take a step up. I also hope that they can't sell out the building.

Hope I'm wrong, but I think the Jets are going to be a lot better. It's Sanchez's second year, and I expect him to take a step up. I also hope that they can't sell out the building.

Based on what? Nearly everything fell into place a year ago and their running game was sick. So what do the Jets do? They break up the OL and replace their top two rushers while picking up an LT in rapid decline. They also have messed with the locker room chemistry by bringing in some guys who aren't exactly known for their character. Sorry, I'm just not buying the hype.