Clapping at Camp

WordByrd

I hope that none of you are stupid enough to clap when there's a good play at camp. This has been one of my pet peeves. #1 no matter what, if one player on your team does something well, it's exposing another player. #2 when they break a long run, chances are the RB would have been crushed 3 yards past the LOS. Sorry for the rant :doh:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that none of you are stupid enough to clap when there's a good play at camp. This has been one of my pet peeves. #1 no matter what, if one player on your team does something well, it's exposing another player. #2 when they break a long run, chances are the RB would have been crushed 3 yards past the LOS. Sorry for the rant :doh:

Uhhh...chill man!

1) One player doing something well does not always mean another player was exposed...sometimes there are just good plays, just like in a game

2) People should do whatever the hell they want, including applause. Geeze, lighten up.

Should we boo when they have a good play?

I have to wonder at the conclusion that a good play is necessarily a bad play on the part of the person defending against it. This in light of the fact that I just posted a quote from the d&c about collapsing pocket as a possible concern about the o-line when it could have pure and simple been the good play of the defense. I say let's cheer the good plays and not worry about it. If its because the guy played well, it reinforces it. If the guy defending feels bad because he missed his assignment, he knows what to do to avoid the cheering in the future.

I hope that none of us are stupid enough to start pushy, unenforcible, silly threads that could be discussed in a more polite manner and still get across the desired point.

Unfortunately, . . .

:lol:

Out of respect for Wood and Wang, there should be no clapping at camp.

Flame me for being 12 if you must, but some things just can't be helped.

its not our fault some guys have names just begging for crass and puerile punch lines. i mean somebody has to say it right? might as well see how far and how good it can be taken. you start with the classics and work your way into an art form

i was all excited when tyler ennis came into prominence but you know that one is a lot tougher than it first appears. wang is just loaded with one liners, but try finding something to match with ennis that makes it obvious and isnt confused with dennis or tennis, i mean its rough out there

OK...let me guess. You were out partying all night & just felt the urge to post something before you crashed...

i have to disagree here, like the players bills fans need to warm up their clapping an cheering skills, considering there really isn't much to cheer about during the season this the best time to cheer. while at camp hope abounds. something else to consider, if the defense has the offense locked down does it then mean that the offense is making mistakes?

Stupid to clap? WTF? So should we Boo, or turn our backs to the play, stay stone faced, throw things? Not all really good plays mean someone screwed up on the other side of the ball. Often a DB can have great coverage, but a perfect throw and route and it still is a completion. All good plays aren't because of poor plays, alot of time they work because of good execution. Besides, anyone who has ever played a sport, especially football, knows a cheering or booing crowd for that matter motivates you to try even harder in alot of cases. Bottom line is, they don't care if you clap, cheer, boo, whistle, fart or whatever.

1) One player doing something well does not always mean another player was exposed...sometimes there are just good plays, just like in a game

2) People should do whatever the hell they want, including applause. Geeze, lighten up.

YOUR A TOWEL!

F'in classic lmao

I hope that none of us are stupid enough to start pushy, unenforcible, silly threads that could be discussed in a more polite manner and still get across the desired point.

Unfortunately, . . .

:doh:

What if the point itself is really stupid?

So when should we show appreciation.....Are you one of those fans that after a good play or touchdown you remain in your seat emotionless as if your reading the Wall Street Journal, if you are that's cool just don't rain on someone elses parade. Don't get me wrong I don't want to see fans cabbage patching and doing back flips but clapping is ok.

If a player gets burned in training camp that should be a sign for him to step his game up.

So keep clapping and be glad we have some thing to clap about.