Adam Schefter

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787
I love it that Trent Edwards isn't cutting his hair until they lose. I don't know if he meant pre-season, too, but here's another reason to root for Buffalo.

Yup, our glove wearing Mary is growing her hair out ( angel hair) :doh:

Schefter does a good job. It would be fun to sit down with him and talk football over a couple beers.

I also liked that he said that he has a soft spot in his heart for the Bills.

Mort and Tim Graham probably advised him not to do anything to rile the thin-skinnned Bills fans! :doh:

Schefter does a good job. It would be fun to sit down with him and talk football over a couple beers.

I also liked that he said that he has a soft spot in his heart for the Bills.

Tonight on Sportscenter, Adam Schefter reported that Buffalo cut Schoebel because they couldn't afford him. And, that because Schoebel is only 32, that there will be alot of teams interested in him. I know people need to rag on how this went down here, and yes, the recent history of this team leaves plenty to rag about, but to cite unaffordability that as the reason and to cite his age as a plus is showing a complete lack of research and/or a hint of bias in the report.

I thought it was very interesting that Schobel hadn't collected his March bonus yet. All he had to do was show up and pass the physical. He could have retired 10 minutes later and been $2 mill richer. But he's not about the money on this. He was willing to let the Bills save all $8 mill if they'd cut him.

They did.

And cutting Schobel means we have zero proven pass rushers. Zero. It seriously increases the likelihood that Schefter is right and we will be competing for a higher draft position this year.

Tonight on Sportscenter, Adam Schefter reported that Buffalo cut Schoebel because they couldn't afford him.

It's not that they couldn't afford him. It's that they didn't want to pay him, particularly if he wasn't going to come to camp. There's a difference, a major difference.

Guest dog14787
I thought it was very interesting that Schobel hadn't collected his March bonus yet. All he had to do was show up and pass the physical. He could have retired 10 minutes later and been $2 mill richer. But he's not about the money on this. He was willing to let the Bills save all $8 mill if they'd cut him.

They did.

And cutting Schobel means we have zero proven pass rushers. Zero. It seriously increases the likelihood that Schefter is right and we will be competing for a higher draft position this year.

It's not that they couldn't afford him. It's that they didn't want to pay him, particularly if he wasn't going to come to camp. There's a difference, a major difference.

Aaron Schobel was one of our best players and I agree, had Schobel came to training camp and actually showed support for the direction the Bills are going in, Bills/Nix would have had no problem dishing out the dough.

Its all about the future for Nix/Gailey so why spend time and money on a player that probably isn't even going to be on the Bills roster a year from now.

Aaron Schobel was one of our best players and I agree, had Schobel came to training camp and actually showed support for the direction the Bills are going in, Bills/Nix would have had no problem dishing out the dough.

Its all about the future for Nix/Gailey so why spend time and money on a player that probably isn't even going to be on the Bills roster a year from now.

What happens if he signs with the Patriots?

Guest dog14787
What happens if he signs with the Patriots?

Our QB is probably going to get sacked by Schobel when the Pats come to town.

Aaron Schobel is to good to have never experienced playing in the playoffs and I hope he gets the chance to make some noise in a big game.

I just hope its not within our division or against us...

They did.

Absolutely that comment is flat out wrong. Marv signed him to an extension that was way too pricey, we needed to get from under it. We have a guy on the books that we are paying way to much doesn't know if he wants to keep playing and will be 33 before the first game of the year. The inability to trade him is directly related to his paycheck- nobody is going to take that on. So you end up cutting him and he cuts a new deal with the Texans if he wants for a year.

Our QB is probably going to get sacked by Schobel when the Pats come to town.

Aaron Schobel is to good not to have never experienced playing in the playoffs so I hope he gets the chance.

I also hope its not within our division...

I totally respect your feelings on Schobel and for a lot of reasons he was a good player. But he wasn't better than good, he was an average player with an above average sack total. He was never an impact player. He wasn't the kind of player that appeared possessed an entire game and elevate the play of those around him. You never got that feeling like if they don't get this Left Tackle out of the game Schobel may kill their QB.

He was a below average athlete that over achieved on an organization that never had anyone better than him in 9 years, as such it appeared he was better than he actually was. On the Patriots he would have had a third of those sacks, because the playing time just wouldn't have been there.

Guest dog14787
I totally respect your feelings on Schobel and for a lot of reasons he was a good player. But he wasn't better than good, he was an average player with an above average sack total. He was never an impact player. He wasn't the kind of player that appeared possessed an entire game and elevate the play of those around him. You never got that feeling like if they don't get this Left Tackle out of the game Schobel may kill their QB.

He was a below average athlete that over achieved on an organization that never had anyone better than him in 9 years, as such it appeared he was better than he actually was. On the Patriots he would have had a third of those sacks, because the playing time just wouldn't have been there.

With all due respect, had Schobel played on a better team/better supporting cast, he could/would have made more of an impact, don't you think?

Absolutely that comment is flat out wrong. Marv signed him to an extension that was way too pricey, we needed to get from under it. We have a guy on the books that we are paying way to much doesn't know if he wants to keep playing and will be 33 before the first game of the year. The inability to trade him is directly related to his paycheck- nobody is going to take that on. So you end up cutting him and he cuts a new deal with the Texans if he wants for a year.

Agreed. I like AS and would have liked to have him around. But simply put, he's not worth $8 mil a year. Especially moving to a new position. Look, we in a total rebuild. No sense in putting in a guy at that money in the downside of his carreer. Let the new guys play and improve. It was a smart move and we could use the money for something else that may become available.