ESPN Text Alert - Schobel cut w/link

boyst

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, because thats what we did right? Geezus, this isnt Madden, you cant trade players to teams who dont want to trade you for them. What is so complicated for you and the other posters with their panties in a wad over this to understand? There was no market for a guy who isnt sure he wants to play, PUBLICY stated he lost a step and cant do the things he used to, PUBLICLY stated he doesnt practice hard or train hard, and makes $8 million a year...oh, and theres that little pesky thing where he wants to fly home after each game and not come back to the team he would be playing for until Wed...

Read this if you want more insight to why you are crying about nothing...the Bills not only did the right thing for him, but did the right thing for the team.

Link to a does of reality about the situation

Schobel publicly stated in 2007 that he was worried he had lost a step. Yet he had a very strong year in 2009. He has a tendency to doubt his abilities in public. He's still very good, and I suspect he'll be good for whoever he plays for this year.

He will definitely play one more year... as a designated pass rusher if nothing else. I think that it would've been tough to trade him though since he is probably only going to play one more year and only willing to go to a few teams. Who is going to trade a draft pick for a one year player at the end of his career? Is he really the guy that's going to put a team over the top? I suspect that the Bills tried and failed before they released him. He will be picked up as a free agent though... nothing to lose.

How dense can our fans be...do you think it would help his trade value or hurt his trade value if Nix said we are just going to cut him? Seriously...

Do you think its possible that he publicly denied being willing to cut him to see if he could find some kind of trading partner before he actually cut him?

So Nix spent one day (today??) looking for a trading partner?

So Nix spent one day (today??) looking for a trading partner?

if schobel said "i am coming to camp, i wont accept any trade, i will retire immediately if traded" -- what would nix's recourse be if he no longer believed in schobels ability to be in buffalo? who knows what happened behind the scenes..... everyone assumes nix ate it on this one but aaron had every ounce of leverage to force his release here, and unless he was willing to let his new team give the gift of a draft pick in return, buffalo wasnt getting one.

what we know

1)nix said we are done

2)schobel said what if i show up today

3)we wouldnt be able to accept you on this team

logical conclusions

1)nix would love to trade schobel but cant -- why would he WANT to release him unless schobel forced it

2)schobel forced a release he gets to choose his team AND save them a draft pick doing everything on his terms

what could buddy do to stop this short of pay 8 mill for a player he doesnt want to take up a roster spot