Wednesday 8-4 MORNING practice session Cancelled @ St.John Fisher

not completely uncommon to cancel practice in high heat when the team has been working hard. Our coach would walk into the locker room and say get changed into street clothes were doing short film instead. It clears your mind and gets your legs back and the next practice is much sharper.

With such a young and aggressive team, maybe CG thought that they seemed to be getting a little sluggish towards the end of yesterdays practice and decided to give them a break and do some film and book study instead.

Nothing wrong with that considering that they have been in pads from the get go.

I think that Chan is going to be a good coach, jury is out on the gameday coaching, but from a motivational, educational standpoint, I think he is doing all the right things so far.

Of course, gameday if the meat of it all. DJ was a good teacher too, he just sucked balls once he had to coach from between the 30's. Time will tell all.

Reasons to cancel practice (in no particular order):

Team has been working extensively in pads.

Full-contact goal line drills on consecutive days.

Heat and humidity.

(Lots of) mounting injuries.

Practice was closed to public anyways, so the cancellation is not screwing the fans.

Throw the players a much deserved "bone."

Night practice open to public this evening, let players freshen up and get legs back for public practice/showcase.

Reasons to hold practice:

In view of the benefits of cancelling practice, none.

Not taken into account:

Adam Schefter

Reasons to cancel practice (in no particular order):

Team has been working extensively in pads.

Full-contact goal line drills on consecutive days.

Heat and humidity.

(Lots of) mounting injuries.

Practice was closed to public anyways, so the cancellation is not screwing the fans.

Throw the players a much deserved "bone."

Night practice open to public this evening, let players freshen up and get legs back for public practice/showcase.

Reasons to hold practice:

In view of the benefits of cancelling practice, none.

Not taken into account:

Adam Schefter

Not sure if you are aware but you can not use logical reasoning here. It's just not accepted.

Are you sure that the night practice is open to the public? I had to get tickets at a Tops - I dont think anyone will be allowed in without a ticket.

But you know what, I am glad they cancelled it. Its going to be a circus there with ESPN in town. F that, this is work not some entertainment event. Hopefully thats the reasoning behind it. If it is, thats my first <_< to Gailey.

not completely uncommon to cancel practice in high heat when the team has been working hard. Our coach would walk into the locker room and say get changed into street clothes were doing short film instead. It clears your mind and gets your legs back and the next practice is much sharper.

It's perfectly reasonable...unless the Bills do it. Then it's a sign of a dysfunctional franchise.

PTR