(OT) good cheap red wine

ch19079

ok, my last post about this ended in an error so ill try again.

i grill out every weekend and watch bills play on my direct TV and drink beer.

last week i wanted to change it up a little so i got a bottle of wine.

tasted bad and just went back to beer.

so anyone got a good cheap ($5-$15) RED wine good to go with a steak?? im talkin Harris Teeter wine, cus thats where i get my steak from.

i know nothing about wine so a simple "this is a very good cheap wine" reply would be great.

thanks.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chateau St Jean makes some great "cheap" wines. They are primarily out of Sonoma Valley. They make an excellant Pinot Noir, which should do okay with you steak. Theirs Cab's are average and their Merlots which also would be good with steak, are great.

I have been drinking wine the last 2 Sundays, so being superstitious, I will continue. As someone had mentioned, Yellow Tail is a good cheap wine (only had the merlot).

I am actually a big fan of Red Zinfandels. Don't confuse with White (pink) Zinfandel. There is a brand called Ravenswood that is excellent and is typically under $10 per bottle.

Let us know how it turns out.

I have been drinking wine the last 2 Sundays, so being superstitious, I will continue.  As someone had mentioned, Yellow Tail is a good cheap wine (only had the merlot). 

I am actually a big fan of Red Zinfandels.  Don't confuse with White (pink) Zinfandel.  There is a brand called Ravenswood that is excellent and is typically under $10 per bottle. 

Let us know how it turns out.

144668[/snapback]

Red Zin kicks ass! That is the best choice with a steak!

Guest Guest_Kent14_*
ok, my last post about this ended in an error so ill try again.

i grill out every weekend and watch bills play on my direct TV and drink beer.

last week i wanted to change it up a little so i got a bottle of wine.

tasted bad and just went back to beer.

so anyone got a good cheap ($5-$15) RED wine good to go with a steak?? im talkin Harris Teeter wine, cus thats where i get my steak from.

i know nothing about wine so a simple "this is a very good cheap wine" reply would be great.

thanks.

144580[/snapback]

Yellowtail makes some good cheap wines. Austrailian winery, good merlot and shiraz, although I'm not a big fan of their blend. around $8 a bottle $13 for a magnum.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -- John Stuart Mill

by far the best quote ive seen on here.

I tip my wine glass to you good sir, i just hope i can find a good wine to put in it first. :devil: