Thank You Ralph, Russ & Buddy for Proving Me Right Again...

On June 23rd, I wrote the post below responding to the thread: "Spiller Contract Negotiations":

"Of course he'll hold out, if the number 8 pick and the number 10 pick don't sign before he does. The Bills never have and never will, as long as Ralph is alive and well, be salary setters. They would never make a good enough offer, in my humble opinion, to either of their top two picks, that would prompt them to sign before the other rookies picked just before or just after them, uncapped year or not.

For Spiller, who cares? He's been learning the offense, and running back is the easiest position to learn as a rookie anyway. But I'm hoping Troup gets in from day one. He should, being a 2nd round pick, but it all depends on the guys drafted right around them, even in the second round. Once you get to the third round, I would be shocked if Carrington isn't in camp on time."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well here we sit the morning of August 3rd, and every draft pick around Mr. Spiller has signed his contract, and in fact, 28 of the 32 first round picks have signed their contracts, and Spiller still has not. What a shock, huh? :)

Someone even disputed my post above by mentioning that Bruce Smith was signed right away. They had to go back 25 years to find that one...nice job. :lol:

I'm happy that the Bills did an excellent job getting Troup in on time, however. That was a pleasant surprise to me, since very few 2nd round picks had signed before him. :lol:

Troup has been doing great from day one, and in my humble opinion, has the more important learning job coming in as the number 2 nose tackle as a rookie from a small college. Spiller should be signing any day now, and despite the fact the Bills still are not "salary setters", he won't be holding out anywhere near idiot Maybin did last year!

Wow... You put yourself out there like that? With no information that Spiller and his agents were going to work for the best deal, and weren't scared of a holdout? You are amazing.

The funniest part about this, is you were serious. I am sure that Ralph, Russ, and Buddy probably have been stalling the negotiations, as just to prove you right, AGAIN! It is hard to stay humble with people always proving you right, I am sure, but you do such a good job.

You go, girl!!!

So what, you remind me of the ppl on here that are saying the bills will suck this year, if they do are they going to come back on and say "hey I was right". Really, I just think your lonely and bored.

You think I'm so lonely and bored that you had to post it twice? :lol:

You think I'm so lonely and bored that you had to post it twice? :lol:

BillsPhan, I think it's a little odd to pat yourself on the back like you did. However, I am not going to give you a hard time for doing so. From what I read, it appears you were correct. Congrats

Wow... You put yourself out there like that? With no information that Spiller and his agents were going to work for the best deal, and weren't scared of a holdout? You are amazing.

The funniest part about this, is you were serious. I am sure that Ralph, Russ, and Buddy probably have been stalling the negotiations, as just to prove you right, AGAIN! It is hard to stay humble with people always proving you right, I am sure, but you do such a good job.

You go, girl!!!

Actually, although I did come off more arrogant then I meant, (and obviously I'm paying for it as the flaming has begun in earnest), I really meant for the post to illustrate my frustration with the Bills and how they choose their free agents and pay their top draft picks.

Frankly, after 40 years of rooting for the Buffalo Bills, it gets tiring to watch them pass on the best players available in free agency, and play hard ball with their first round draft picks most of the time, because they are so worried about every last dollar. In fact, I really did not want to watch the Bills once again take longer then almost every team to sign their first round draft choice, and I don't take any "satisfaction" in the fact they have now done it two straight seasons.

At the time of that original post I replied to, most of the fans were defending the Bills, and blaming the "system", and some were predicting that Spiller would not hold out at all. I just thought I would remind those fans of the reality of the Buffalo Bills. Sorry to offend you so much, but nobody's perfect, right?? :lol:

Actually, although I did come off more arrogant then I meant, (and obviously I'm paying for it as the flaming has begun in earnest), I really meant for the post to illustrate my frustration with the Bills and how they choose their free agents and pay their top draft picks.

Frankly, after 40 years of rooting for the Buffalo Bills, it gets tiring to watch them pass on the best players available in free agency, and play hard ball with their first round draft picks most of the time, because they are so worried about every last dollar. In fact, I really did not want to watch the Bills once again take longer then almost every team to sign their first round draft choice, and I don't take any "satisfaction" in the fact they have now done it two straight seasons.

At the time of that original post I replied to, most of the fans were defending the Bills, and blaming the "system", and some were predicting that Spiller would not hold out at all. I just thought I would remind those fans of the reality of the Buffalo Bills. Sorry to offend you so much, but nobody's perfect, right?? :lol:

No need to apoligize to me. I'll pat you on your back but that's as far as i'll go. Sometimes it is nice to be right.

BillsPhan, I think it's a little odd to pat yourself on the back like you did. However, I am not going to give you a hard time for doing so. From what I read, it appears you were correct. Congrats

You are 100% correct - it was more then a little odd, and way too arrogant, to present my opinion in that matter. I am frustrated that the Bills are once again one of the last teams to get their number one pick into camp, and I got carried away.....and quite full of myself.

I certainly deserve the flaming that has begun, and won't be "bragging" about my opinions anymore. I just hope C.J. gets his talented butt into camp asap, so Gailey can start running the offense he has been planning since they rated him so highly on their draft board weeks or even months before the draft!!! :lol:

You are 100% correct - it was more then a little odd, and way too arrogant, to present my opinion in that matter. I am frustrated that the Bills are once again one of the last teams to get their number one pick into camp, and I got carried away.....and quite full of myself.

I certainly deserve the flaming that has begun, and won't be "bragging" about my opinions anymore. I just hope C.J. gets his talented butt into camp asap, so Gailey can start running the offense he has been planning since they rated him so highly on their draft board weeks or even months before the draft!!! :lol:

I completely understand your frustrations with regards to signing our draft picks. I have lots of other frustrations with our organization too. Sometimes my anger and frustration gets the best of me too. I do think your being too hard on yourself. Relax and take it all in. I have had my ass handed to me on several occassions. Some justified and some not justified. No big deal we are all Bills fans wanting our Bills to win and bring home that Lombardi trophy.

Good save! I can't wait to brag when I'm finally right!

missed your first missive for some reason back in june, and opened this one by mistake, so my fault.

but here goes:

you don't have to go all the way back to Bruce Smith to find players who signed prior to start of training camp.

Evans and Losman both signed on the day the team reported to camp.

Lynch missed one day of camp.

Mike Williams signed in time to join the team for its first full-squad training camp session.

And McKelvin missed only two days of camp.

what was your point again?

jw

missed your first missive for some reason back in june, and opened this one by mistake, so my fault.

but here goes:

you don't have to go all the way back to Bruce Smith to find players who signed prior to start of training camp.

Evans and Losman both signed on the day the team reported to camp.

Lynch missed one day of camp.

Mike Williams signed in time to join the team for its first full-squad training camp session.

And McKelvin missed only two days of camp.

what was your point again?

jw

:thumbsup: "missed your missive..."

You go, girl!!!

especially when you'r'e perfect in every way.

Spiller will sign when both he and the Bills come to mutually agreeable terms.

It would be stupid for Spiller to sign before then just as it would be stupid for the Bills to sign just to get him into camp.

Today, tomorrow or 3 weeks from now. It will happen when it happens.

That's really all there is to it. Nothing more to see here, move along.

Well here we sit the morning of August 3rd, and every draft pick around Mr. Spiller has signed his contract, and in fact, 28 of the 32 first round picks have signed their contracts, and Spiller still has not. What a shock, huh? :beer:

Someone even disputed my post above by mentioning that Bruce Smith was signed right away. They had to go back 25 years to find that one...nice job. :beer:

I'm happy that the Bills did an excellent job getting Troup in on time, however. That was a pleasant surprise to me, since very few 2nd round picks had signed before him. :thumbsup:

Troup has been doing great from day one, and in my humble opinion, has the more important learning job coming in as the number 2 nose tackle as a rookie from a small college. Spiller should be signing any day now, and despite the fact the Bills still are not "salary setters", he won't be holding out anywhere near idiot Maybin did last year!

I'll resist pounding on your for your incredible acuity on this, but I would blame the damn Raiders before I'd blame our FO. They gave the # 8 pick, Rolando McClain, a 5-year - $40 million contract with $23 mil guaranteed. The Jags gave the #10 pick, Tyson Alualu a five year $28 mil deal with $17.5 guaranteed. If you're the Bill, you wan to be closer to the Jags number and not the whopper deal the Raiders gave McClain. If you're Spiller's agent, you're pushing hard for close to $40 mill or more. $12 mill is a big swing from #8 to #10.