TG has confidence in the Bills....

Buftex

Good read... what struck me, more than the prediction for the Bills in the standings, was the comment about the "lifeless" atmosphere at St John Fisher. When I went last time (summer 2007) the place was rocking for a morning practice...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...l-buffalo-bills

Also, observations about Ryan Fitzpatrick and Leodis McKelvin are a little troubling...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good read... what struck me, more than the prediction for the Bills in the standings, was the comment about the "lifeless" atmosphere at St John Fisher. When I went last time (summer 2007) the place was rocking for a morning practice...

Also, observations about Ryan Fitzpatrick and Leodis McKelvin are a little troubling...

Yes, a good read, but - regarding Tim's misplaced confidence in a Bills 4th place AFC East finish - of any preseason prediction I can make, the one I'm most confident in is that Tim Graham is 100% WRONG...

19 and 0 baby!!! :blink:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :)

this part gave me a good laugh, and probably for bad reasons:

Inside linebacker Kawika Mitchell told me the unit relies on free-agent acquisition Andra Davis' insight when it comes to 3-4 questions. That also goes for inside linebackers coach DeMontie Cross, who hasn't coached an NFL 3-4 before.

This line from the article:

The atmosphere at St. John Fisher College has been lifeless. It hasn't mattered whether it's morning, afternoon, night, weekday or weekend. The few fans who have shown up are silent.

tells all.

Holy cow... if half of what he wrote about is true and remains true, we truly are dooooomed this season. Talk about a depressing, nothing good happening article.

Ehh...I like Tim Graham, but what does he know? Flying under the radar (really far under) may not be the worst thing... IMO the Bills may not finish any better than 6-10 this year, but I think they are in better hands than they were a year ago.

Ehh...I like Tim Graham, but what does he know? Flying under the radar (really far under) may not be the worst thing... IMO the Bills may not finish any better than 6-10 this year, but I think they are in better hands than they were a year ago.

I got no problems with Tim, either. But, I do hope he's wrong on this one. Hopefully, what he witnessed were just some of the early camp "jitters" that will be ironed out over the next month.

I do find his comments interesting. I assume he visits each of the AFC East camps; therefore, what he's writing is, in part, based on coclusions of what he's seeing elsewhere. Which, if so, currently doesn't bode well for us.

You can only be beaten down so many times before the hope fades altogether.

Look outside of a few that are a very loud minority, the majority of Bills fans are sick of the QB situation. They know Edwards is never going to be the guy to get us to a superbowl so why waste another year on a guy that isn't going to get the job done?

At some point we are going to have to trade up no matter what the cost on a #1 overall pick, pay him and take the risk to get that QB that will eventually get us there OR trade for a guy.

Until we have a damn good QB to build this thing around and market, it is always going to be this way.

This line from the article:

tells all.

What it tells you is what ESPN wants you to hear. They also want a lot of empty seats on Sundays so the Bills will move. They want a team in LA no matter what any of them might say because their perception is that they will make more money long term. They won't, but they are dense so it won't matter. They'll keep bringing the slaps at the Bills. It is absolutely a 100% concentrated effort by the big money to take your team away.

What it tells you is what ESPN wants you to hear. They also want a lot of empty seats on Sundays so the Bills will move. They want a team in LA no matter what any of them might say because their perception is that they will make more money long term. They won't, but they are dense so it won't matter. They'll keep bringing the slaps at the Bills. It is absolutely a 100% concentrated effort by the big money to take your team away.

Riiiight. Its all part of the greater plan to get the Bills to move to LA. :) I think your tinfoil hat has some holes, the aliens are getting though....

Don't know that Tim was in attendence Friday evening where Leodis was a 'focused' ballhawk. Also, on Saturday, McKelvin stayed after practice and fielded punts flawlessly for 5 minutes.

I think TG has been right a lot more than he's been wrong. I think many of us share the view that we may not rack up wins this year but we will show steady improvement and build with young, talented and tough players. So Tim is just saying we are on the right path but we are not as good as the other three teams in our division. I think that is a reasonable position. I personally think we can handle Miami, but we'll see.

*MY* team? :)

If only I was a billionaire, I wouldn't own an NFL team.

*MY* team? :)

If only I was a billionaire, I wouldn't own an NFL team.

Your favorite team is what I meant.

An NFL team is not worth the investment. It take a lot of time away from other business.

Anyway, other than the line about Maybinot looking like a Wii character which was true/funny, Graham's article was just one in a stream of thousands meant to dishearten Bills fans to set the team up for a move. Don't listen to them.

Riiiight. Its all part of the greater plan to get the Bills to move to LA. :) I think your tinfoil hat has some holes, the aliens are getting though....

Believe what you want but if he posts anything positive about the Bills he will be fired. He basically called Bills fans lethargic and unenthusiastic and you go right along with him. Fine. Up is down and over is under. I'm sure Dolphins fans are a passionate bunch now.

Your favorite team is what I meant.

An NFL team is not worth the investment. It take a lot of time away from other business.

Anyway, other than the line about Maybinot looking like a Wii character which was true/funny, Graham's article was just one in a stream of thousands meant to dishearten Bills fans to set the team up for a move. Don't listen to them.

So you're saying that there is an agenda at ESPN to make the Bills look so horrible to their fans that when they move to LA there will be very little uproar from them? My question is, what's in it for ESPN?

So you're saying that there is an agenda at ESPN to make the Bills look so horrible to their fans that when they move to LA there will be very little uproar from them? My question is, what's in it for ESPN?

Perceived higher ratings from the larger market thus higher fees to be charged. This is also true of crooked owners like Kraft and Jones and Snyder. They all think they can make more money and they are all wrong.

ESPN is basically trying to own sports.