Here's my Training Camp Report from Saturday 7/31/10

Here ya go. My report from Day 3 of Training Camp is finished. Sorry it's so late. I had to work the overnight after camp and just got done typing it up and uploading the photos.

Yesterday was the third day of the Buffalo Bills Training Camp and the first weekend practice. As expected, the crowd was bigger than the first day. Saturday afternoon practices always draw well for the most part. The team had just one practice and it was another full pad session, as it looked like Chan Gailey is sticking with what he said and getting the players used to contact. This is a far cry from what we are used to, over the last few years. As always, the team worked on several drills individually and then spent time on punt return coverage, field goals and of course the 9-on-9, 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills.

The team started out the day working on gap assigments and making sure all the players knew where to line up. They then worked with their individual units and I watched the defensive backs and linemen. For the DB drills, the coaches had the players practice their routes and then used the blocking sled. Bryan Scott had the best hit of the day when he leveled the dummy and moved it back several yards. The players then worked on catching the ball from the jugs machine. For the most part, the players were very good at catching the ball. Donte Whitner, Ellis Lankster and Lydell Sargeant dropped at least one. I also kept an eye on the blocking drills. Aaron Maybin struggled with blocking Shawn Nelson a couple times. Chris Ellis made some nice blocks and shoved Marcus Easley out of his way once. Andra Davis contained Corey McIntyre easily on his chance. Danny Batten made a nice block against Michael Matthews. Alex Carrington also made a sweet move to get around Antonio Coleman.

The team then went to work on some field goals. Rian Lindell missed the first one, which was about 37 yards, so they moved the ball back a bit and he nailed the 35 yarder. He then kept going and successfully kicked a 40 yarder, along with a 43 and a 47 yard field goal. Lindell then tried a 49-yard field goal and missed it. The coach said, try it again and he nailed it........

CLICK HERE FOR MORE:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In case you didn't see this in the report, the offense is finally looking to be more exciting and much more complex. They are adding plays each day and working on play-action fakes, bootlegs, screens, and even slants.

:ph34r: You rock. But, I still don't believe you.

I know that I say it all the time, but it's so much different in Pittsford this year. The coaches are working one-on-one with the players consistently and are very hands on. Chan Gailey walks around to the different units and gives his own imput if he sees something that he doesn't like. The team also seems to be working hard out there every day instead of just enjoying the weather. It's a refreshing change.

Best thing I've read in quite some time. I often wondered about the bolded sentence in the past. Just watching the "highlight" videos on bb.com it always seemed like camp was more about strolling around, talking to your buddies, and finding animals in the clouds. Everything just seemed so leisurely nonchalant. I don't play organized football, never have; never been to any team's camp or practice. So, what do I know? But, it just seemed like such a relaxed environment.

Nice to see them actually working for a change! Maybe we'll finally have a somewhat tough team for a change.

Dude you are a very good writer, this report nearly put me there as I read it. Thank you for the great read and the good news about the seriousness of the tone Gailey is setting.

Go Bills.

^^^^^^^

This.

Maybe Mikes reports should be linked on the TBD homepage.

:ph34r: You rock. But, I still don't believe you.

Best thing I've read in quite some time. I often wondered about the bolded sentence in the past. Just watching the "highlight" videos on bb.com it always seemed like camp was more about strolling around, talking to your buddies, and finding animals in the clouds. Everything just seemed so leisurely nonchalant. I don't play organized football, never have; never been to any team's camp or practice. So, what do I know? But, it just seemed like such a relaxed environment.

Nice to see them actually working for a change! Maybe we'll finally have a somewhat tough team for a change.

Honestly, I skipped several practices that I was going to go to last year because it got really boring. This practice reminds me of camp when Gregg Williams was here. I used to enjoy those practices the most.

great report.

why were D guys blocking the O ??

Not sure. They were both blocking eachother in a way. The offensive player tried to get around the defensive guy, probably to teach how to break blocks or something. I dunno.

Mike, I love the way you do these reports. First, the facts, then your opinions & observations.

To quote you >> "Trent Edwards surprised me when he hit Lee Evans in stride for a 15-yard gain."

It's pretty bad when someone with your level of awareness is surprised at that! Don't Brady & Manning do that every 30 seconds at camp?

Dude you are a very good writer, this report nearly put me there as I read it. Thank you for the great read and the good news about the seriousness of the tone Gailey is setting.

Go Bills.

I have not read one negative comment from anyone in response to Mike's reports. We need to get his address & shower him with gifts. VERY much appreciated...it's like we're almost there!

Sorry it's so late. I had to work the overnight after camp and just got done typing it up and uploading the photos.

If you don't stop apologizing for doing us a favor I'm going to fly back to Ra Cha Cha and kick your scrawny ass!

Bryan Scott had the best hit of the day when he leveled the dummy and moved it back several yards.

Who let Jauron get on the field?

Thanks Mike!