Bills Fans, What are your favorite moments

Like A Mofo

Was thinking about this the other day. There are quite a few to pick from. My personal favorite Bills/Dolphins moment ever was the 1990 Dvisional Playoff game when the Bills win 44-34. That was so great, especially beating the damn Fish in the playoffs, and hearing Dolphins fans the next day I went to school with at the time.

What are yours?

Beating them 29-10 in their house for the AFC Championship.

144091[/snapback]

Awesome game - you would think they would've realized after halftime that Kelly wasn't 100% and all we were doing was throwing screen passes to Thurman & Ken Davis. Oh well - I miss Tom Olivadotti :w00t:

Taking my twin (blonde) daughters from Buff to Miami for the 93 game. We were with a charter group and a local TV station was doing interviews in the Buff airport. Since the girls are very attractive, they were picked for an interview. So the announcer says "Who do you think will win and what do you think the score will be?" So, my daughter Tamie says "The Bills will win by 10 in overtime". This is still a family joke at holiday time - she will never live it down.

BTW - the Bills won that game.

The 1990 divisional playoff - after all the years of getting smacked by Miami, the Kelly-Thomas-Reed trio go nuts in whipping them 44-34....in Buffalo....in the snow.

Even better was Thurman's post-game press conference comments. Responding to a question about Miami's "confidence" entering the game, he said something to the effect of "Well, as much as they're a good team, they played a good game today and they STILL got their ass kicked."

there are three that i can't label one over the other:

1980. I was in row 1 on the visitors sideline at the 15 yard line. I was only 17 years old, and had never seen a crowd take down a goalpost.

I savor that game so much because Bob Kuchenberg had been quoting as saying, "the Bills will never beat the Dolphins."

1983. Joe Ferguson lights it up against rookie Dan Marino in Marino's first start. Of course...Marino lit it up as well....but Fergy is my all time favorite player. And I think that might have been the first game he had ever won in Miami.

Not sure of the year. But the Jim Kelly TD to end the game and beat the Dolphins and watching Marv run out and jump on the pile was incredible.

1989 opener, the comeback highlighted by Kelly's  QB Draw for the win!!!!!!!!!

144107[/snapback]

I was there for that one, he knocked out the DB. My favorite though is beating the Felons for the first time in the Orange Bowl. I think I was the only Bills fan on that side of the stadium.

Not sure of the year.  But the Jim Kelly TD to end the game and beat the Dolphins and watching Marv run out and jump on the pile was incredible.

144207[/snapback]

My wife bought me a talking Jim Kelly doll that describes that play. Pretty cool in that "talking doll" kinda way.

I'm gonna go with 1980 or the "they beat the hell out of us" game.

Seening Jimmuh shivering on the sidelines was worth the cost of admission alone.

144082[/snapback]

Wasn't the "They beat the hell out of us" game a 27-0 shellacking of the little fishies at Ralphie's a few years back? What a job the Bills' D did that day--took Danny Boy to the woodshed, that was priceless.

Have to also go with the 1989 opener in Miami, even though I was at the 1980 opener in Buffalo and the 1995 playoff game...

Couple of years ago, my account of the 1989 game, sent to buffalobills.com, won me an autographed box of Kelly Krunch!

BTW, is that still on the shelves in WNY or was it a one-time thing?

My favorite moment was the postgame interview with Bruce Smith after the 1992 AFC Championship when the Bills went on the road to crush the loud-mouthed Dolphins 29-10.

What made this game so sweet was all of the issues that went on that year.

First, the game earlier in the year in Buffalo in which the Dolphins beat us, when Louis Oliver took back Jim Kelly's pick 103 yards and all of the BS afterwards out of the mouths of Mark Clayton, Mark Duper and Louis Oliver.

Then the negative loud-mouthed comments made by the Dolphins with their stupid Christmas message to the Bills before we went into Houston and got beat in the last game of the season. I still remember Clayton running his mouth saying for the Oilers to beat the hell out of the Bills as a "Dolphin Christmas carol".

In closing, the Bills went into Joe Robbie and throughly kicked their ass and in the post-game interview Bruce Smith made a comment that went something like this.

"When you win say little, when you lose say less". This was his way of putting the trash talking Dolphins in their place.

If any of you have the videotape of that game and kept the tape going through the post-game and Lamer Hunt Trophy you might want to go back to that tape and remember that moment.

This showed the difference in class between the two organizations.

Thanks for the topic as it brought back a great memory.