The QB pecking order - who you got?

ACor58

QB to start camp  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be first in the pecking order today?

• Trent Edwards
    • Brian Brohm
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Levi Brown

How many times are we going to have this same poll? Enough already. Just wait for this competition to play out. I'm sure most people are aware that the qb ranking is probably going to change on multiple occasions throughout camp and the season.

How many times do we have to endure the same posting from DarthIce over and over on the qb issue? Let the competition begin and then comment.

There's nothing wrong with this poll, since we're on Day 1 of camp. At least it's not a poll about what coach will be taking over in Week 8.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on how often Gailey decides to switch QBs. So sorry to upset you.

I, for one, am very excited that camp starts today and since we were so close to the "pecking order" being revealed I figured the poll would be fun.

I hope that the topic wasn't misleading - I don't want to upset you any further.

Are we going to have the same poll after every scrimmage? What about two a days? Will we get two polls on those days? If practice is cancelled will there be no poll on that day? If there is an abreviated day of practice will we have an abreviated poll? What if a qb is first to line up behind center and the second qb gets more reps does that mean that we should have another poll about how the pecking order might change? Or should we have another poll inquiring as to whether the HC is sending a signal to the fanbase that he is thinking about changing the pecking order? What if one of the qb pulls a hamstring are we going to have another poll on how his injury might affect the pecking order?

Redundancy is not always bad. But obsessive redundancy might be an issue that needs to be tended to by professionals. Simple solution: stop with the qb polls until the leaves start changing color.

There's nothing wrong with this poll, since we're on Day 1 of camp. At least it's not a poll about what coach will be taking over in Week 8.

There is a possibility that that poll might need to be started a little earlier.

Are we going to have the same poll after every scrimmage? What about two a days? Will we get two polls on those days? If practice is cancelled will there be no poll on that day? If there is an abreviated day of practice will we have an abreviated poll? What if a qb is first to line up behind center and the second qb gets more reps does that mean that we should have another poll about how the pecking order might change? Or should we have another poll inquiring as to whether the HC is sending a signal to the fanbase that he is thinking about changing the pecking order? What if one of the qb pulls a hamstring are we going to have another poll on how his injury might affect the pecking order?

Redundancy is not always bad. But obsessive redundancy might be an issue that needs to be tended to by professionals. Simple solution: stop with the qb polls until the leaves start changing color.

There are hundreds of threads on this board, if you don't like this one, find a different one.

I'm sad and a bit disappointed it hasn't been said yet, so I'll say it:

It's hard to name a starting QB in the NFL.

But we really, really like the guys we have. They work hard. They play hard. They study hard. Did I mention we really like them?

I think it will be Trent or Brohm...Trent is the slightest of favorites, maybe less than a 5% margin over Brohm IMO.

However, lets look at the significance of it.

Trent - He really needs to start camp as QB1 in order to have a shot of holding on to it. If he enters camp as anything other than QB1 then he will have to severly outplay the others to get it back. Demoting him would show an indication of readiness to move on and he will not have to be just a little bit better but a lot better than whoevers ahead of him to over take that spot. If he does start camp as QB1, it would be on a very short leash anyway.

Brohm - Starting as QB1 would be a huge vote of confidence in the kid that could do a lot for speeding up his development. Even though he will still have to play well enough to hold to it, the initial listing of him atop the depth chart would show that they are ready to move forward with him as long as he can keep progressing. However, of the 3, it matters the least with him to start camp as QB1 because the staff will give him every opportunity to win the job anyway.

Fitz - I think there is a small chance at best he will enter camp as QB1, especially since he seemed to get the least posiive news in the OTA's in the camp reports. I don't think anyone really views him as a long term asnwer and he would have to play at a high level in camp to over take the #1 spot, or atleast significantly be better than Trent and Brohm. Starting camp as QB1 would probably be the best shot he would have at starting week 1, but I think is the long shot to do either.

I think I am more interested in Chan's explaination of the pecking order than the pecking order itself.

I am wondering if he will list strengths/weaklnesses of each guy or just tell what he likes about QB1 and leave it at that.

I'm saying Brohm, Edwards, Fitz, and Brown last. I think it should be this way because Edwards does need to prove that he can be consistent, and Brohm needs a vote of confidence. It would probably help his confidence to start him as the starter, and if he falters it won't be for lack of coaching confidence. Anyway, that seems like the best line-up as far as I'm concerned. I'd really like Brohm to prove he's got a lot left of what made him a promising rookie - if he came on strong, that'd change our chances dramatically this season, allowing us to be multi-dimensional. Any strong QB play would help in that regard, but it'd be nice to have Brohm show 1st round talent and for us to have him.

Per Dave Nelson's Twitter

"Yes, for all you asking ?s, they have announced the starting QB (for right now at least) Quick lunch break & then off to the first practice!"

"Yea here's your hint. His colleges mascot is the same as the mascot of the place holding our training camp"

Cardinals = Brohm!

"Yes, for all you asking ?s, they have announced the starting QB (for right now at least) Quick lunch break & then off to the first practice!"

"Yea here's your hint. His colleges mascot is the same as the mascot of the place holding our training camp"

Cardinals = Brohm!

Stanfiord Cardinal - Trent.

I realize that the Stanford "Cardinal" refers to the color red. But I am guessing that David Nelson is not that bright.

Cardinals = Brohm!

I realize that the Stanford "Cardinal" refers to the color red. But I am guessing that David Nelson is not that bright.

Quick question for you guys. If you were a borderline player on a team, hoping to land a roster spot or maybe land on the practice squad, would you be tweeting and possibly divulging the identity of the number one quarterback before your bosses did?

I realize it's not a big deal but still…as they say to apprentices in the trades, "just show up and shut up."

Either that or he's bright enough to know that this hint doesn't really give us the answer.

Ha - that's funny both Stanford and Louisville are Cardinals - guess nelson is clever...

Either that or he's bright enough to know that this hint doesn't really give us the answer.

Not really.

Louisville is named for the bird.

Stanford is for the color.

SJF is named for he Bird.

So, either Nelson gave away that fact that it is Brohm. Or he was trying to be clever without realizing that Stanfard and Louisville were not both names the "Cardinals" after the bird.

Either way, as someone else point out. David Nelson should STFU and learn his playbook.